Sleep Aids

Oh, lunesta is fantastic. My father also started taking it recently as and it's working really for him, too. (guess the sleeping problems are genetic.) In my experience with the drug, I fell asleep fast and generally woke up 7-8 hours later with very little hang over. Apparently, if you can get a prescription from your doctor the manufacturer is offering a 7 day free trial right now. I saw an ad on tv. I always have wild dreams, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask about that.
The comment someone made earlier about ambien and memory loss has really been bothering me lately, so I'm glad I'll be switching back over to the lunesta soon.
I wonder if it keeps working, or if the body builds a tolorence.

I did not hear about memory loss from ambien, but that could be scary - I wonder if lunesta is in the same family of drugs.

Some of these sleep aids give me very bad nightmares.

My grandma was a non sleeper. There good be something to your gene therory.

I do not know why we can not sleep, but it seems to be a common problem. If the drugs are not to toxic, it is a better choice then walking around in a fog all day, or pumping yourself up with mega starbucks.

insomnia is a psychiatric problem
you need help, Eddy
Crazy Eddie doesn't think he has a psychiatric problem as most mentally ill people believe. His doc gave him his meds and he was non compliant. Another very common characteristic among the mentally ill. He's going around buying psychiatric drugs on the street and self medicating like he has any training or medical schooling. Pretty sad but you know what they say some are just in denial till death. Don't even bother, he's on a this board giving out medical advice with no pedigree. Pretty funny if you ask me. I suspect he's a paranoid schizophrenic. They think the world is out to get them. Crazy Eddie feels the whole medical community is an evil syndicate out to detroy perfectly healthy people.....NOT!!!

I wonder if it keeps working, or if the body builds a tolorence.

I did not hear about memory loss from ambien, but that could be scary - I wonder if lunesta is in the same family of drugs.

Some of these sleep aids give me very bad nightmares.

My grandma was a non sleeper. There good be something to your gene therory.

I do not know why we can not sleep, but it seems to be a common problem. If the drugs are not to toxic, it is a better choice then walking around in a fog all day, or pumping yourself up with mega starbucks.
I had seen on TV that there is class action lawsuit brewing regarding Ambien. Between the extreme weight gain from unknowingly eating all night to husbands unknowingly raping thier spouses while under the influence of this powerful drug. It is not just a mild side affect for some but the standard for many who take it. I took it once and woke up with crumbs in my bed and don't remember eating but a box of cookies were gone. I guess better than some old boyfriend I unknowingly called over. I personally think it is the worst of all the drugs out there for sleep. I do not like not remembering things, it freaks me out.

I had seen on TV that there is class action lawsuit brewing regarding Ambien. Between the extreme weight gain from unknowingly eating all night to husbands unknowingly raping thier spouses while under the influence of this powerful drug. It is not just a mild side affect for some but the standard for many who take it. I took it once and woke up with crumbs in my bed and don't remember eating but a box of cookies were gone. I guess better than some old boyfriend I unknowingly called over. I personally think it is the worst of all the drugs out there for sleep. I do not like not remembering things, it freaks me out.
WOW - I had no idea, my friend gave me a few, I did not get a full nights sleep, but did not suffer any of the side effects you described.

I am afriad to take any new drug. The drug companies just want to put the drug on the market, and make money, with very little regard to the patients well being.

ambien

is bad news they say. used to take for sleep once in a while due to tinnitus (head noises) and i asked for a new prescript. he said no come to my office, do not take that anymore. i used to take half a pill at night not the whole thing. never had any side effects except some drowsiness next day.

exercising 3 or 4hours before going to bed is still going to have your endorphins kicking and interfere with yur abillity to relax. Try exercising earlier in the day or even in the morning to get your metabolism to kick into gear. AThere are white noise boxes to drown out distracting sounds & supposedly you should sleep ina room that is dark with as little stimulation as possible. So turn off the TV, The radio & even turn your clock so the light from it is not in your face. a Relaxation tape or CD can be benefical , as long as they auto repeat otherwise the click when they shut off is liable to wake you up. No caffeine products, but some herbal teas that will help you relax is chamomille and Sleepytime. Any of the benzo's can be habit forming and Ambien&Ambien CR have been linked to sleep walking, sleep eating & even people getting in their cars & driving with no recollection afterwards. Sonata is similar to Ambien.Lunesta has such a Nasty aftertaste it is not worth taking & there is one called Roserem (sp) which is not supposed to be habit forming but is completely ineffective for anyone I know that tried it.

When I was in my teens during the Summer I would stay up all night then ride my bike when at dawn all over Queens. I exercised all the time and still could not sleep. I believe lifelong insomnia is a disorder that may come and go but ther is no real cure. I see the best sleep psychiatrist in NYC, he is an experienced doctor and published author of three books on the subject and although he helped me cope with the depressing aspects of it I will have this problem my whole life. We have tried hypnosis, imagery therapy, pills and standard Freud therapy and I still have it.

It started probably when I was around 8 (or sooner) and I have had different variations of it. There are different kinds of insomnia so no one pill or treatment can cure it. They all have one thing in common, you don't sleep in the dead of night. It's an inability to letting your guard down and allow your body and mind to lose control and sleep. At night you can build your own safe world where you are in control and ther are no interference by others but the isolation eventually takes control bringing on depression.

is bad news they say. used to take for sleep once in a while due to tinnitus (head noises) and i asked for a new prescript. he said no come to my office, do not take that anymore. i used to take half a pill at night not the whole thing. never had any side effects except some drowsiness next day.
Interesting, what is the bad news ?? I have been taking ambien for over 4 years, can't stop. No side effects on me, other than can't remember things between taking the pill and waking up the next morning.

Holosync

I was introduced to www.centerpointe.com
It helped a friend to fall asleep without sleep aids. She ordered the free demo and didn't have to order the program. Claims the demo works just fine for her.

I ordered it, didn't do anything for me. Maybe it can help others, nothing to lose, demo is free.

have you ever tried any herbal remedies? They aren't usually very strong but if all you need is a little push they might do the trick.

Then of course there is the other herbal remedy.
Try 24 mg of Melatonin, and 4 Calms Forte tablets, a few Valerian Root capsules. All can be purchased over the counter at most drug stores and any health food store, and for good measure, 6oz's of anything 80 proof, and it off to la-la land for you.

And if all of the above still doesn't work for you (you must be a real insomniac!), add 20 mg of Valium to the mix, and you will be dead to the world for a good 7-8 hours. I'm a large 235 lb. man and it kicks the shit out of me.

If you can't get a doctor to prescribe Valium (Diazepam, the generic version of Valium), add 4 additional Calms Forte tablets, and 12 additional mg of Melatonin, and the results will be about the same. It takes about an extra 1/2 hour to work, so plan your bed time accordingly.

I was introduced to www.centerpointe.com
It helped a friend to fall asleep without sleep aids. She ordered the free demo and didn't have to order the program. Claims the demo works just fine for her.

I ordered it, didn't do anything for me. Maybe it can help others, nothing to lose, demo is free.
This sounds a lot like hypnosis. You can achieve remarkable results this this, if it is a form of hypnosis.

After reading, and watching the videos, they do seem to be describing a generalized form of hypnotherapy. Once you learn the achieve the deep state of relaxation (they call it a deep mediative state), you can achieve remarkable results in very specific areas when the post hypnotic suggestions become more specific. I prefer getting zonked with pills and booze myself, but thats me.

Last edited:
And the best part is you get to hang with famous movie stars like Heath Ledger