Should we pay addicts to get sterilized

justme

homo economicus
Here's a better idea for you, stop paying taxes or suck it up buttercup.

I drag the master race bullshit in here because it comes from the same misguided thinking.

(And do you know how many crack babies could have been paid for by the bailout of Chase in the 80's?)

((I wonder how many could be paid for in the 2005 Chase bailout))

Originally posted by Anjelika

Are you sure we made it just fine. If we did we wouldn't be johns & prostitutes.

not for nothing i think i made it just fine

do i have the most desirable job in the world..of course i dont

do i enjoy...damn sklppy i do

its all about fun lets not start judging in case anyone is

Originally posted by greekgirlinnj

not for nothing i think i made it just fine

do i have the most desirable job in the world..of course i dont

do i enjoy...damn sklppy i do

its all about fun lets not start judging in case anyone is
Nothing judging at all I'm in no position to cast stones but let's be honest & at least acknowledge that something may not be right or we wouldn't be here.

Originally posted by justme
Here's a better idea for you, stop paying taxes or suck it up buttercup.

I drag the master race bullshit in here because it comes from the same misguided thinking.

(And do you know how many crack babies could have been paid for by the bailout of Chase in the 80's?)

((I wonder how many could be paid for in the 2005 Chase bailout))
Like I said in another thread, I am totally against these bailouts, I can't believe more wasn't made of the S and L bail out during the last election. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I left school at 16 and I've been on my own ever since. I never asked for help, I would have been embarrased to take it. I just can't stand for weakness. I've helped out more than my fair share of people I KNOW, they were short for rent, etc... I just can't stomach the gov't putting their hand in my pocket, and the pockets of others, to support a tainted system. COME TO OUR COUNTRY, WE'LL PAY FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS. Fuck them all, big and small.

Last edited:

Nothing judging at all I'm in no position to cast stones but let's be honest & at least acknowledge that something may not be right or we wouldn't be here.
well the only and believe it or not the only different thing from me from 2 years ago is i enjoyed sex then just now i get paid for it

sorry but i see nothing wrong

Originally posted by greekgirlinnj

well the only and believe it or not the only different thing from me from 2 years ago is i enjoyed sex then just now i get paid for it

sorry but i see nothing wrong
I see nothing wrong with it either and since I came here in May I love/enjoy sex even more!!!!!!!!!

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by mitchmaxx
Poor people aren't all bad parents, drug addicts for the most part ARE.
Although I don not necessarily agree with it, I think most people would say prostitutes make bad parents (I think prostitution is grounds for child removal by CPS in most states). Do you think prostitute's should be steralized, too?

Your argument is all over the place. You don't seem to have an idea of what you want other than to stop paying someone else's tab. But paying someone else's tab is pretty inherent to living in any society. You have to show more than this if you want anyone (with half a brain) to take this idea seriously.

In all honesty, though, I would never have posted in this thread if ozzy hadn't posted his little rant. For the most part, I think these ideas are below discussion, but since my friend fealt the need to start in with reactionary Darwinistic arguents, I thought I'd address them.

There are two different discussions going on here: one qualitative and one quantitative.

If you're concerned about the welfare of the children, that's a qualitative argument. Like any qualitative argument, it's inherently difficult to define and in the end often a matter of subjective opinion. Solutions and absolute truths are hard to come by.

A discussion about being forced to pay for the poor choices of the parents, however, is a quantitative argument. Here, you can actually look at the objections being raised by people and often find a tangible and measurable solution. For example, if you are concerned about people having 7 children they can't afford, then limit the number of children permitted according to income. E.g - everyone can have one kid regardless of income and then there is a sliding scale which requires you to pay for or have a certain income level in order to conceive each subsequent child.

Jouer
pas francais

Interesting how no one here got offended by George Bush's funnelling of tax $$ into the pockets of religious leaders.

Interesting how George Bush is working on raping our few national Parks and federal forests for the benefit of his donors in the forestry industy - who do you think is paying the tab, if not the taxpayers.

We just spent billions of taxpayer dollars to open up Afghanstan for the Oil Industry. Iraq is next.

Every year Boeing Indutries alone is the beneficiary of obscene amounts of taxpayer subsidy in the name of "Export Guarantes"

Every farmer in the midwest who gets price supports for crops that he has NO business growing is leeching $$$ out of my pocket.

There enough to worry about right there. In fact why don't we sterilize farmers, CEO'sand brokers so that they can stop breeding and sucking $$$ out of our pockets.

No? I didn't think so...

Sorry, but this sterilization talk isn't about waste of tax dollars - there are far greater examples of each of us paying for things that are obvious scams and redistribution of taxpayer dollars.
This is just unsavory and thinly veiled crap IMHO.

Originally posted by justme

In all honesty, though, I would never have posted in this thread if ozzy hadn't posted his little rant. For the most part, I think these ideas are below discussion, but since my friend fealt the need to start in with reactionary Darwinistic arguents, I thought I'd address them.
Wait a second.... I NEVER said a thing about "sterilization". Someone said something about not paying to raise some addict's or freeloaders kids. Then bigM said something about "the kids are innocent".... I assume he's talking about children born to these addict's or freeloaders that our tax dollars pay for (ie... health care, child care, welfare etc...). I was jokingly saying (in my own litle way) that we should let them fend for themselves, and if they get sick and die... well, that's just "natures" way of weeding out the sick and flawed.

I NEVER said "WE" should weed out anyone (ie... "sterilization").

Anj..... I'm doing just fine thank you, and I've done much worse in my life than post on a prostitution message board. besides.... It was my penis that brought me here..... not any issues I may have in my life.

Last edited:
and this is why

when i left my retail managment job i could of collected unemployment but i didnt

reason being i felt the money could of gone to others that lost their jobs because of 9/11 or money in kids mouths

YOU are a self-actualized individual.

No rose tinted specs for you. :)

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
Oz - Sorry, jumped the gun. I should've followed the flow of posts better.

(Although I still think the 'let mother nature sort 'em out' policy is a bit much.)

Originally posted by skagen

There enough to worry about right there. In fact why don't we sterilize farmers, CEO'sand brokers so that they can stop breeding and sucking $$$ out of our pockets.

No? I didn't think so...

Sorry, but this sterilization talk isn't about waste of tax dollars - there are far greater examples of each of us paying for things that are obvious scams and redistribution of taxpayer dollars.
This is just unsavory and thinly veiled crap IMHO.
While I'd probably agree with almost all of your above positions and I will by no means be professing to be liberal minded at all, the issue was sterilization of substance abusers.

I have had the benefit of spending a great deal of time in several childrens hospitals - not for some feel good visits to the sick and less fortunate - actually over a year in total and have rocked these beautiful babies to sleep, held their hands when they were alone and near death, and fell in love with quite a few, this thread made me think of one baby girl especially.

When I read the article cited I did not think about race or tax savings just the suffering of these small children. The children suffer and forhet the fact that it is painful to watch its painful for them to live. I have seen the machines and therapies that medical science provides. So I understand why some folks advocate an option such as this - and after what I have seen which is more than most and certainly less than others - I still am not real comfortable with the connotations of this policy but I cannot fault some for supporting or arguing for it. I think its too easy to just brush it off as unsavory and thinly veiled. Obviously there are probably quite a few with unsavory and no veiled motives but in the end you would probably do anything in your power to prevent another child born into that sufferage.

I leave you with another point to ponder my friend.

Last edited:
Golpher, I think you hit it on the head. Yesterday I got all stupid about the money part of this thing. I am quite torn by the question. Living in my tower now, I find it pretty easy to say fuck them, however, if, like you, I would visit these kids, and rock them to sleep, I don't know how I'd feel. I still think this is more about the parents than the kids. If they are here already, its hard to turn your back. Does anyone have a saner way to control this? I don't think counseling will work either. You have to admit, Its hard to tell right from wrong in this situation.

Last edited:
You cannot have govt, or any other private party other than the person themselves, deciding who should have the physical capability to breed or not.

If people are clinically insane, they should be in an asylum for the potection of themselves and other people. That's one thing.

But we say that they are not, and they are free to make they own decisions in life, what more is there to it?

So either we are letting people who should be deemed clinically insane walk the street because we don't give a shit or we are interfering in the body of a person who has the right to make their own decisions.

If someone wants to pose the point of the interests of kids who, by no fault of their own, are born with drug addictions, that is certainly worthy of discussion: what take priority: the right if the person or the potential right of kids they may or may not have? Also, who should this apply to? Crack addicts? Heroin addicts? Coke addicts? Weed addicts? Crytal Meth addicts?

But bitching and moaning about the money spent is just inhuman and selfish in my opinion. We waste far more money on other shit (particularly political pork and direct abuse of power by elected officals), for THIS to all of a sudden the one thing that society just cannot afford and we have to start sterilizing people for financial reasons.