Red light camera's why we hate them and how to avoid them !

Billy, I just set my cruise control to the local speed limit when I am in Queens and I leave my GPS on (not set to go to a particular location - just on showing me moving on the maps and alerting me to a camera. I think you can use WAZE also for this) I think there may even be a camera on LIE service road. Some guy at my gym said he got one on Van Dam st heading to QB.

IMHO, you really do not lose significant time just keeping to limits.

I want to reserve my money to help support the girls and not the City. Just the kind of guy I am - always trying to help out.
Who uses cruise control on streets light to light?

Billy, I just set my cruise control to the local speed limit when I am in Queens and I leave my GPS on (not set to go to a particular location - just on showing me moving on the maps and alerting me to a camera. I think you can use WAZE also for this) I think there may even be a camera on LIE service road. Some guy at my gym said he got one on Van Dam st heading to QB.

IMHO, you really do not lose significant time just keeping to limits.

I want to reserve my money to help support the girls and not the City. Just the kind of guy I am - always trying to help out.
It’s only $50 think of it as a lost BBBJ.

Damn it! I got another one last Saturday morning, this time going the other way (west bound) between 164th and Parsons. No school there just the Par Central. They said 41 in a 30.
Are these things on every block?
They all up and down Queens blvd, my gps APP points out the speed cameras ahead. I don't set my cruise, but I am doing 26-30mph tops.
I crawled along the BLVD last week heading into LIC, cameras EVERYWHERE!

Waze used to be an accurate source of 411, as a camera warning would pop up on the map—
I would not trust the absence of warnings to let down one’s guard at this point -

The cameras seem to be popping up all over and unannounced

ironically enough I used the cruise control in local traffic to train myself to drive under 35 mph.
it really sucks the fun out of having a performance car…
That's why (besides having a performance car on the Xway during rush hour) I gave up having a performance car. I haven't had a stick shift in past 20 years even thought I had one in every car since I 1st got my drivers licence.

Waze used to be an accurate source of 411, as a camera warning would pop up on the map—
I would not trust the absence of warnings to let down one’s guard at this point -

The cameras seem to be popping up all over and unannounced
Exactly, so do the speed limit. I've found (unless its 3am) it makes almost no difference in the total time it takes you to get where you want to go.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Exactly, so do the speed limit. I've found (unless its 3am) it makes almost no difference in the total time it takes you to get where you want to go.
Tonight I just kept it under 40 from 168th to Parsons. Truth be normally you can't do much more than 35 and you usually hit every light between the exit and Parsons. I remember last Saturday thinking it was weird there was no traffic and I was in a hurry to get laid.

Yep-
What I believe also to be true—
The major thoroughfares with lots of lights-
Sunrise Highway
Merrick Road
Old Country Road etc

While driving the speed limit or a couple mph below, the traffic lights used to be timed properly, which allowed one to go from A-B without making to many red light stops—
Nowadays, everything seems to be a clusterfuck

Cheaper to get a plate cover, or the thick black plate surround, they claim it's to save bumpers, but it cuts off the last digit of your plate from the camera angles.
Yes, BUT
I know of two people who were pulled over recently for having a plate frame that obscured the license plate- They were not ticketed, but given a warning

A good plate cover will prevent the red light or speed camera from identifying the plate, but otoh, a PD Officer May make you an example

On one of my cars the paint bubbled up and peeled off of my license plate. I've done nothing about it in the hope that it would thwart the cameras. It's been like that over a year and no cop has pulled me over yet.

Yes, BUT
I know of two people who were pulled over recently for having a plate frame that obscured the license plate- They were not ticketed, but given a warning

A good plate cover will prevent the red light or speed camera from identifying the plate, but otoh, a PD Officer May make you an example
I'll get pulled over and warned all day long over getting a red light ticket. Especially in the city, I don't see cops pulling over anyone. I think they realized it's a list cause. Fear city is back. Good luck.