Red light camera's why we hate them and how to avoid them !

Although idk the validity of this, it was suggested EZ pass can issue a warning or suspension of EZ pass privileges if it’s determined that one enters/exits an EZ pass thoroughfare in a period of time that would conclude speeding-

( entering the NYS Thruway , driving 60 miles and getting off at a said exit 40 minutes later, for example )

billyS

Reign of Terror
Be advised: Do not go over 65 on Thruway when you go thru area covered by New Paltz. I got a ticket on a thursday nite at 11pm doing 68 in a 65 (heading up to Albany for a next day business meeting). I was only one on the road and I thought cop with lights flashing was going to an accident when he pulled behind me. He said 68 in a 65, I said I had my cruise control on 65. so he said "must be a broken speedometer - I'll write it up that way - same fine but no points"
Gave me a village of New Paltz ticket. I didn't pay it and they notified NYS and they suspended my license until I paid the fine.

I see similar local cops (Lake Success) on LIE pulling over cars on Sunday mornings when I head into Flushing (I slow down and let the guys doing 75 get caught).

BTW, this is what village cops in Ferguson Missouri do (Ferguson made worldwide headlines for months following the 2014 killing of Michael Brown Jr. by a police officer and the ensuing civil unrest. ) These local villages patrol the federal highways going thru their jurisdiction and bring in a large per centage of their local budget..
Wow, never knew this. This shouldn't be allowed.

I do remember one school district, and it might have been Lake Success, when Nassau had that Ill fated school speed camara program, put theirs on the LIE service road that ran behind one their schools. There was absolutely no access from the school to the road but technically is on right next to the school. They were taking in the money from unsuspecting motorist like crazy.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Although idk the validity of this, it was suggested EZ pass can issue a warning or suspension of EZ pass privileges if it’s determined that one enters/exits an EZ pass thoroughfare in a period of time that would conclude speeding-

( entering the NYS Thruway , driving 60 miles and getting off at a said exit 40 minutes later, for example )
They've been talking about doing something like that forever. Even before EZ pass it was possible to determine speeding bases on those tickets you took from the machine when you entered the Thruway, then paid at a booth when you got off. If the toll collector noticed excessive speeding he could call a State Trooper over.

But to institute it on a large scale would be political suicide for the ones responsible for passing it.

Wow, never knew this. This shouldn't be allowed.

I do remember one school district, and it might have been Lake Success, when Nassau had that Ill fated school speed camara program, put theirs on the LIE service road that ran behind one their schools. There was absolutely no access from the school to the road but technically is on right next to the school. They were taking in the money from unsuspecting motorist like crazy.
The school speed cameras had to be after a properly posted speed limit sign. So technically the motorists were not unsuspecting.

I spoke with a buddy of mine who was police officer about this very thing. If it is posted with a speed limit sign and does say school zone then it is a school zone 24 hrs a day But if the sign says during school hours from 6AM - 5PM then it must be obeyed after 5PM it becomes local speed limit for that road like 35 MPH

They've been talking about doing something like that forever. Even before EZ pass it was possible to determine speeding bases on those tickets you took from the machine when you entered the Thruway, then paid at a booth when you got off. If the toll collector noticed excessive speeding he could call a State Trooper over.

But to institute it on a large scale would be political suicide for the ones responsible for passing it.
Trucks on the thruway are subject to these timed speed restrictions