Red light camera's... and why frogger54 is exempt.

Despite @frogger54 belief that red light tickets work not catch up to the registrant, eventually one is declared a scofflaw ( by NY DMV) —
This will prevent one from buying a car and transferring those plates.. ( The plate and registrant will get suspended) until fines are paid
I have never transferred plates. If you are in the 2nd year of (or almost) it doesn't pay to transfer. Plus I sell my cars privately so I still have the old car for a weeks or two after i get the new one.

Just my two cents on RLC

A while back NC decided the the intersection of Rt109 and Main st in Farmingdale was going to get a red light camera.

As been stated by the politicians from the get-go, intersections getting RLC's were determined strictly on improving safety w/o regard to revenue generation.

Well just before the cameras were to be installed Village of Farmingdale notified NC that this intersection was in the Village and as such all revenues generated would be split between the NC and VOF.

Well, poof! — over night the intersection became safer and thus not in need of a RLC.

Go figure.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just my two cents on RLC

A while back NC decided the the intersection of Rt109 and Main st in Farmingdale was going to get a red light camera.

As been stated by the politicians from the get-go, intersections getting RLC's were determined strictly on improving safety w/o regard to revenue generation.

Well just before the cameras were to be installed Village of Farmingdale notified NC that this intersection was in the Village and as such all revenues generated would be split between the NC and VOF.

Well, poof! — over night the intersection became safer and thus not in need of a RLC.

Go figure.
Same thing happened in RVC and Freeport.