Red light camera's... and why frogger54 is exempt.

um, because he drives thru red lights a lot?
I read about a year ago or two that starting June they can tow your car so that was one reason that I paid them , also if you end up at traffic court in Suffolk for any other type of ticket you can’t and they won’t make a deal with you to settle a ticket unless you pay off all your red light tickets first .

I respectfully question this.

Red light violations issued by NYC/NYS, if not paid will affect your ability to re register your car ( if it is registered in NY)…

Have you checked your expiration date lately?

( unpaid red light tickets do not affect credit)
I’ve re-registered my car a couple of times with no problems.
I get letters/notices every now & then that I owe some company in Baltimore money or my credit score will take a hit.

I stil haven’t paid a dime to them & never will.

Red light violations issued by NYC/NYS, if not paid will affect your ability to re register your car ( if it is registered in NY)…

My question is why does he get so many
I’ve re-registered my car a couple of times with no problems.
I get letters/notices every now & then that I owe some company in Baltimore money or my credit score will take a hit.

I stil haven’t paid a dime to them & never will.
I figured you re registered in someone else’s name. But if they think like you and they get tickets you will still get booted. Remember driving is a privilege not a right. Bad shit has a way of happening when you can least afford it.

My question is why does he get so many

I figured you re registered in someone else’s name. But if they think like you and they get tickets you will still get booted. Remember driving is a privilege not a right. Bad shit has a way of happening when you can least afford it.
I've seen NYC traffic enforcement guys when walking around sometimes scan the reg sticker on cars (especially on Sundays and Holidays) and if not writing a ticket just walk to the next car. I assume they do this to see if there are anything outstanding against the car.

I know that NYC TE (and the LI Village guys too) write tickets for expired inspection stickers when they are walking around lots as I saw a guy sitting in his car in Flushing and when he asked why the TE guy was writing a ticket and the TE just pointed to the inspection sticker.

Personally, I don't understand why drivers (especially mongers) don't keep regs, inspec, up to date as you gotta do it eventually anyway and the cost of not doing it can be high.

Since they do not affect credit rating and the only consequence (so far in this thread) is that you may have trouble registering your car, sounds like to me if you plan to buy a new car soon (and get new plate #'s) that you can go thru all the red lite cameras you want w/o paying the fines. No?

Nope mine were all from the back, where did you get ones from the front?
That doesn't make sense because usually they wait until you're in the intersection while red and also that you started to enter the intersection while already red.
In California you get it from front and a picture of the driver. I rented a car on business and ran the light, I got a notice from the city of Los Angeles that I could send in the payment or return to LA and appear in court. I got freaked out that my picture was one of the picture. I sent in the payment which I think was a ripe off of outer townor . So depending on state it could be either.

um, because he drives thru red lights a lot?
Maybe, maybe not... the counties have been shorting the Amber for decades, NYS allows the local Goverments to override the Traffic Engineers recommendations [aside from shorting ambers, they also lower the recommended speed limits] which by doing this increases the violation rates which equals more money in the government coffers. When the RLC's became "legal" the counties lowered amber light duration at many of these intersections which increases the number of violations and fines

Since they do not affect credit rating and the only consequence (so far in this thread) is that you may have trouble registering your car, sounds like to me if you plan to buy a new car soon (and get new plate #'s) that you can go thru all the red lite cameras you want w/o paying the fines. No?
Despite @frogger54 belief that red light tickets work not catch up to the registrant, eventually one is declared a scofflaw ( by NY DMV) —
This will prevent one from buying a car and transferring those plates.. ( The plate and registrant will get suspended) until fines are paid

Despite @frogger54 belief that red light tickets work not catch up to the registrant, eventually one is declared a scofflaw ( by NY DMV) —
This will prevent one from buying a car and transferring those plates.. ( The plate and registrant will get suspended) until fines are paid
Indeed and this type of behavior will surely manifest in other self destructive acts of rebellion

With all due respect Billy, will they? It’s been almost 6 years. The only thing they do is send me letters. Do you know anyone that had a boot on their car for this?
They catch you by driving by with license plate readers. You probably have been fortunate enough to not park where they usually patrol or at a time where they missed you.

Indeed and this type of behavior will surely manifest in other self destructive acts of rebellion
Lol, look at me the modern day rebel
fellas, I took the advise of LE and someone extremely familiar with the consequences of not paying these fines.

Its been 6 (almost 7) years since my 1st Red Light Camera ticket. I haven’t paid a cent. No problems when re-registering my car, no hit on my credit score, No one put a boot on my tire, there’s been absolutely no recourse except for unwanted mail.

Can we please get back to topic at hand which is street meat?

Learn the law

Lol, look at me the modern day rebel
fellas, I took the advise of LE and someone extremely familiar with the consequences of not paying these fines.

Its been 6 (almost 7) years since my 1st Red Light Camera ticket. I haven’t paid a cent. No problems when re-registering my car, no hit on my credit score, No one put a boot on my tire, there’s been absolutely no recourse except for unwanted mail.

Can we please get back to topic at hand which is street meat?

Learn the law
Curious what about speed cameras and ez pass tolls? Asking for a friend