Red light camera's... and why frogger54 is exempt.

Prevent taking pictures from the front so all the lawmakers in Albany don’t get unwanted mail
I think it may be more like if taken from the front the camera would also record whoever was viable in the front seats (no heavy tinting of windshields or anything to block the view) whereas from the rear plate you cant even see anyone as head rests block the view.

Also, some states (if you have old plate from Mass for example) only have rear plate.

I leave my bike rack on the trunk of my car all the time now. It blocks the license plate. No more red light camera tickets.
I know of a guy, when he saw my bike rack on my car, said he got a ticket for having plate blocked. He (as far as I could tell) was not a monger — just a regular guy in his 50's. He now mounts the plate on his bike rack as required.
I asked around at my bike store (great store on Main st in farmingdale next to runners edge (a great store for runners) and they said never heard of anyone who had this problem.

I would think that if you are in an area you shouldn't be or pulling into one of the lower end motels, that you are giving LE an excuse to stop and harass you if your plate is obscured in any way. As I recall there is a post on UG where guy got ticket for "dirty plate"

As always "Only commit one crime at a time"

Remove the front plate. Just leave one screw in. Guess I lost the plate plus the get out of jail card PBA works.
A camera doesn’t care about a PBA card. I’ve had 11 of them since 2016. Never paid one and never will.. every few months i get a notice that says I owe additional fees and if I don’t pay, it will effect my credit score. It never does.I spoke to Stephen Ruth on FB. Red Light Cameras are a scam

My brother got a red light camera ticket that he kept putting off paying for a while...until he wasn't able to renew his registration because of it.

billyS

Reign of Terror
A camera doesn’t care about a PBA card. I’ve had 11 of them since 2016. Never paid one and never will.. every few months i get a notice that says I owe additional fees and if I don’t pay, it will effect my credit score. It never does.I spoke to Stephen Ruth on FB. Red Light Cameras are a scam
They will eventually put a boot on your car.

I think it may be more like if taken from the front the camera would also record whoever was viable in the front seats (no heavy tinting of windshields or anything to block the view) whereas from the rear plate you cant even see anyone as head rests block the view.

Also, some states (if you have old plate from Mass for example) only have rear plate.
Yes our lawmakers do not want their faces in pictures whilst they drive their interns home.

If this was about "Public Safety" as the government proposes they would simply lengthen yellow lights. and set delayed-green lights and not allow right hand turns on red, instead they decrease the time a yellow light has, and hope you make a right hand turn in some unknown time frame so they can stick their hands in my pocket.

Red Light Camera's only take a picture from behind in NY, not for privacy reasons, but it could be an unstated reason. The pictures are taken from behind because the traffic light you are suppose to be obeying needs to be in frame with your car's license plate and if you were behind the stop line at the red light, or if you were past the stop line when it was yellow (in NY as long as you are past this stop line, you can continue and not have gone through a red light)

if the camera was mounted ahead of you (catch the front plate) it would not be able to capture the traffic light your were suppose to obey, which would make it useless.
An interesting graphic and also has the "math" involved to identify were going through under Amber or Red.
https://copradar.com/redlight/

I also haven't paid a single one.

https://traffictickets.com/new-york/traffic-tickets/running-red-light/
The Suffolk County Employee who certifies the Red Light Tickets is named Mordicai Hay. According to Newsday's Suffolk County Salaries website, his official title is "Clerk Typist" at an annual salary of $7,818 per year and was hired in 4/14/2014. Apparently Suffolk County believes he is a qualified technician who can determine if you are guilty of a red light camera ticket by watching your video on the second floor of the Dennison Building. Is a Clerk typist more qualified than a police officer to watch your video? When you call the 800 number request that Mordicai Hay be present to explain to you how the camera system works, the calibration, the yellow light timings, etc. You have a right to face your accuser. Demand a copy of the technician's certification before your hearing!!!

Few lawyers fight RLC tickets, because there are no points or impact on one’s license or insurance. They are a pain and costly and many are probably not issued legally. This is why NY State set the "fines" low, to make it difficult to fight with representation, and by making it difficult to be fought in court, they bypass much of the Constitutional changes that would arise to this scheme.

This can give you the possible (some judges are less likely to honor evidence requests in traffic courts) to fight using defective certification defense.
People v. Eisenstadt
48 Misc. 3d 56, 15 NYS 3d 542, 2015 NY … - NY: Appellate Term, …, 2015 - Google Scholar
This action was commenced to impose a civil liability upon defendant as the owner of a vehicle which was recorded by a "traffic-control signal photo violation-monitoring" device failing to comply with a traffic-control device in violation of Local Law No. 12 (2009) of the County of ______________

1649447217906.png

“A lot of police chiefs will tell you the goal is to have nobody speeding through their community, but heaven forbid if it should actually happen—they’d be out of money.” ~ James Tignanelli, president of the Police Officers Association of Michigan
http://elreporterosf.com/u-s-s-roads-have-been-turned-into-a-revenue-generating-survillance-grid/

https://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/02/modern-traffic-enforcement-ticket-revenue-safety-opinion/

I respectfully question this.

Red light violations issued by NYC/NYS, if not paid will affect your ability to re register your car ( if it is registered in NY)…

Have you checked your expiration date lately?

( unpaid red light tickets do not affect credit)