R. I. P.

Spike Milligan (Terence Alan Milligan) on February 27, 2002 in London at age 83. Born April 16, 1918 in Ahmadnagar, India, the elder son of Leo A. and Florence Mary Milligan. Survived by one son, Sean, three daughters, Sile, Laura and Jane, and his second wife, Shelagh Sinclair.

Last surviving member of the Goon Show which also featured Peter Sellers. John Cleese, of Monty Python, stated once that there would have been no Monty Python without Milligan. A manic depressive combat veteran of WWII, Milligan also published novels, verse and his memoirs.

Judge Crater (an old bag remembers)

pswope

One out of three
Jack Kerouac ,without whom there'd be no Judge Crater,born on this date in 1926. The Subturaneans inspired me to start dating women of color 28 years ago. You can certainly trash his writing but he did greatly influence a generation.

Charlie Parker died 43 years ago on this date.

Eddie Albert

Not dead, but noticed his name came up in an earlier post. Over 90...waitin for the end.

Y'all may not know....war hero from WWII..Tarawa..Navy..very brave guy.

As well as the guy who stole every scene in "The Longest Yard"

JB

I'm sorry to hear about Dudley Moore.

Two of the funniest scenes in Arthur involved him and working girls:

When he picked out a hooker, he gave the other one $100 and told her she was the runner-up.

When he was in the restaurant and he asked the lady what she did for a living, she said, "I'm a prostitute," and he said, "I thought i was just doing really well."