Paterson Bar Scene Update

Sunrise is a new club, but I have not been there. I met one dancer who worked there but I thought she was a typical low mileage B-C grade Brazilian dancer from Newark so I have not made the club a priority.

Shoot,

you got an addy for Sunrise? i'd like to do a little recon this weekend.

the news about Cave really sucks...and it'll probably hurt business, which mean eventually things will change back. do they still have the timers and the lights for each individual dance. it'd be nice if they just played a song and let the dance end when the songs end. i always walk out of there feeling gypped by a short LD.

Sunrise

Brykster, it supposed to be at Getty and Straight St, basically by St Joes Hospital. They are trying to call it an "upscale" club, but I find that hard to believe in Paterson. I haven't been there yet so I cannot comment.

Slimmy said:
Brykster, it supposed to be at Getty and Straight St, basically by St Joes Hospital. They are trying to call it an "upscale" club, but I find that hard to believe in Paterson. I haven't been there yet so I cannot comment.

Didn't that used to be called something else? down the street from the firestation?

Went to Caves last night and its pretty bad back there in the LD area.
I got an LD from a dancer that knows me pretty well. I Usually get alot of mileage from her. But its over now. The LD area is fully exposed. Everyone can see everyone. Other dances going on beside you. And its to close for comfort. The couches are all lined up next to each other. The dancers were all complaining about it also. Had some guy gettin a dance next to me saying........."Hey i can watch" You can basically strike up a conversation with another customer while your gettin a lapdance now at Caves.
No privacy what-so-ever. This better change or else, like mentioned in a previous post.......they are definetly going to lose business.

Was thinkin about going to HB's in Bloomfield after, but I received a call from a friend saying that they got busted again. And the LD rooms are all open- curtain now. Not even partially closed. Looks like some big crack down going on and private dances are becoming way less private. Soon Paterson, Bloomfield and other local go go's will be like Newark go go joints,
NO LD what-so-ever.

I know the place on Getty. It used to be a different name. It's just up the block from High Beams. It's a small room with no LD area. Big bar in the center of the room. Went in a couple of times, had a beer and walked out. They've been closed for quite some time now.

it's right up the block from High Beams. This club is another one that has taken a turn for the worse. The talent is mostly WOC and latinas that are one pipe shy of being crack whores. The LD area is closely watched upstairs. It's used to be mostly older russian, better than Doc's Cave quality, but I guess they cut their ties with the agencies (aka - delivery service). While in High Beams one night, I went upstairs, the girls sit up on the bar for the dollar tip. They'll flash just about anything you ask them to, but trust me on this, you don't want to see what's there. This one latina, who could stand to lose about 40 lbs off her ass alone, insisted on shoving her ass in my face and showing me what's behind the thong. I'm still having nightmares about that one. You do get the occassional diamond in the rough but they are far and few. Not worth going to.

Another place not worth venturing into is National. It's on one of the side streets between Getty and Main Street, half way between Crooks and Madison. To call this place a dive would be a step up. NO LD area. One girl dances all night long. They take the leftovers of Doc's Cave and Mickey Dee's senior citizens brigade.

Different place, Shorty. Sunrise is a new place on Straight St., right where Getty begins (or ends depending on how much you've had to drink).
The place you're describing is Peek-a-Boo's, formerly known as City Lights. Like National, it has been sold and is being renovated. I beleive both are still closed.
No promises, but I'm expecting good things from both.

my bad username. I drove by this afternoon. You're on target. Sunrise has a huge "grand opening" sign. Only problem I foresee with it is parking. i was going to go in but couldn't figure out where to leave my car.

if Sunrise is selling itself as "upscale" the mileage will probably suck. got the info too late to check it out. if anybody else stops in, we'd all appreciate a review.

Sunrise

It was 9:30 PM Friday night for my visit. It's right at the end of the street behind the hospital. Sufficient street parking and I believe they have guarded lots, which also seem fine. The bar is mid range in almost every category. Clean and roomy inside, a pool table near the lap dance booths in the back. No one used the booths when I was there. They look too open and too well lit to get very high mileage. The 7 Brazilian dancers were attractive, with natural shapes. They were heavy on the bottom with natural breasts. Not high-end or low-end dancers, essentially on par with those of Wild Things in Elizabeth. The bar can seat maybe 40 guys and the whole club could easily hold 120 but there were only about 10 guys at the bar. With tastes being so varied as well as variability in any club at any given time, I basically say, check it out if your on tour in the area anyway. This is not a place I would go out of my way for thus far. I had a better time at Johnny's and Hi Beam myself. However, a quick visit to Sunrise will cost you 5-10 bucks at most. Moreover, it’s worth a beer just to earn the merit badge, which can be applied to your sash, and showoff at the next UG formal event.

Last edited:
Shoot,

thanks for the review. i will take your advice now that my regular paterson club has become shit (the Cave). by the way, were the dancers friendly? did you see any hands conspicuously under the bar top? was there a bouncer monitoring the LD area? alright, sorry, i know. i'm pulling teeth : )

Brykster- I don't see mileage happening on a regular basis because of the layout, staff, dancers etc... Yet, who knows and things change.

I see the club the used to Peek a Boo and before that City Sights and I think something before that is opening up soon. This is just for info I'm not expecting anything too fast or too great.

I wonder if Mickey D's is still doing the "lapt dance in the back room" thing....I haven't been there in several months...there was a hot dancer working there named Michele (I think) that usually was available for the back room....

drummer36 said:
I wonder if Mickey D's is still doing the "lapt dance in the back room" thing....I haven't been there in several months...there was a hot dancer working there named Michele (I think) that usually was available for the back room....
yes....and yes.....(both russian and french michelle are still there)

Some things just never change....The Michele I experieced was French Michele. Don't know what the russian one looks like...how recently where you there? Still gotta throw a few singles to Charlie outside? Maybe I'll stop in there today...

I was there a couple of weeks ago and both micheles were there. Russian Michele is actually Brazilian Michele, sorry. She's about as cute as Frenchy but with bigger (fake tits). Charlie is still there. But there is also a new group "lot guards" that seem to be overpowering him. Either way, tip one who ever you see first when you get there. Tell them you'll take care of them on the way out. That way, the other group doesn't get pissed and do something to your car.

Still after 6:30 PM is recommended. That's when the wife goes home usually. I went 2 weeks ago at about 7:30 Pm and she didn't leave yet. She was there drinking with her husband.

Stay away from Sandy (the bartenders sister). Tall, brunette, long blank hair, decent body. Mechanical in the back. She's a freakin leech. "Buy me one beer", "can i have another beer", tip parade every 2 minutes with her. I stopped going for a while because she just got annoying.