Not Amused

So, I occasionally use my old kimberly_sweet email address to keep in touch with a couple of people (and it's a convenient address to use when registering for stuff online - a good spam box.)

Anyway, I check it every couple of weeks or so, if that.

I just did today, and saw that there were a bunch of new messages about my "ad on TBD" and some about "Welcome back! I've missed you!"

I don't know what they're talking about. I went to TBD and didn't see any such ad. I guess it was taken down, like all posts mentioning me.

Anyway, while it's harmless, I guess - it's fucking weird.

It put me in a weird mood.

The fact is, I do occasionally consider seeing clients again. The thought has especially occurred to me since I've broken up with my boyfriend. The logic is something like "Well, I'm not using it for anything else, might as well make a little bit of cash with it."

But, I'm not going to do it. It's just not what I'm supposed to do.

The other day, I was window shopping down Walnut street and I stopped into this new chi-chi "Apothecary " that sells cosmetics and toiletries from Europe. Now, I am crazy about this stuff. I used to buy perfume the way some women buy shoes. I used to go to Europe to get the jump on new products... and, a few years ago, I would have spent a couple of hundred dollars in this store.

Now, I buy my cosmetics at Walgreens. I buy my clothes at Ross/Old Navy/thrift stores. I cook and pack my lunches. I take public transportation or walk everywhere.

It was weird to be in that store and think about how I would no longer buy any of those things.

When I bought those things, I wasn't particularly happy with them. Now, I spend less, I buy less - and I feel like I have more.

And, today, while I was working out at the gym (my only extravagance is my incredibly posh gym that I adore) I thought to myself "I may never have sex again for the rest of my life." It was funny. I mean, I knew that that was highly unlikely, but I had never considered the possibility before. I kind of liked it.

I may only have sex with one or two people for the rest of my life. That's just fine with me.

If you don't mind...

Why did you stop?
Was it the same frame of mind?
How different is your thinking now from when you started?
If so, then isn't a bad idea to hit these boards or is it a test you give yourself?

[Edited by ew on 05-13-2001 at 01:19 AM]

Aristotle

Just another girl on the IRT
Any chance it was on TBD excite, or whatever that ad site is ? There's tons of old ads and whatever up for women who are not around. I think there was one up there for Brenda Love, too.

Or maybe someone just wishing real hard.

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by K.S.

It put me in a weird mood.

The other day, I was window shopping down Walnut street and I stopped into this new chi-chi "Apothecary " that sells cosmetics and toiletries from Europe. Now, I am crazy about this stuff. I used to buy perfume the way some women buy shoes. I used to go to Europe to get the jump on new products... and, a few years ago, I would have spent a couple of hundred dollars in this store.

Now, I buy my cosmetics at Walgreens. I buy my clothes at Ross/Old Navy/thrift stores. I cook and pack my lunches. I take public transportation or walk everywhere.

It was weird to be in that store and think about how I would no longer buy any of those things.

When I bought those things, I wasn't particularly happy with them. Now, I spend less, I buy less - and I feel like I have more.

And, today, while I was working out at the gym (my only extravagance is my incredibly posh gym that I adore) I thought to myself "I may never have sex again for the rest of my life." It was funny. I mean, I knew that that was highly unlikely, but I had never considered the possibility before. I kind of liked it.

I may only have sex with one or two people for the rest of my life. That's just fine with me.
KS,
Sounds to me like you are just trying to lead a "normal" life, whatever that may be for you. However it ultimately looks for you, I wish you good luck. While different, I know that when I decide to "retire", It will take some time to get reacclimated to the "civilian" world of dating etc. ( God help me then). In the meantime look for joy wherever it presents itself.
Take care HP

Kimberly,

I know which post on tbd's Philly board uses your email address. If you want I can post the link to that post here or if you rather keep it off the boards, just drop me an email and I'll send you back the link.

[Edited by Phantom on 05-13-2001 at 07:33 AM]

Phantom, I found it, too. I have NO IDEA what they were trying to accomplish with that, LOL! I'd assumed that someone had actually posted a straightforward-sounding ad, but that ain't it.

Weird...

ew, I don't have time to answer your questions in full. But, I don't find it dangerous to come to this board. I find it to be a good way to reinforce my convictions (although not nearly as much so as reading JAG.)

And, sometimes I just wanna talk about it, if that makes any sense. I don't want to talk to any "normal" people, or to anyone I may meet in my future. I want to quarantine my present from my past. I can do that on this board.

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by K.S.

And, sometimes I just wanna talk about it, if that makes any sense. I don't want to talk to any "normal" people, or to anyone I may meet in my future. I want to quarantine my present from my past. I can do that on this board.

KS,
I wasnt suggesting that you wanted to talk to "normal" people( I put normal , referring to a life, in quotes simply to distinguish from those in the hobby, not to suggest that we or you are now, ever been, or ever will be abnormal). I understand that this board affords you a relatively safe place to air out your thoughts. Your perspective is unique and welcome. Whatever makes you happy!
take care,hp

[Edited by Hotpuppy on 05-13-2001 at 06:37 PM]

I really don't think it's fair that K.S. still has her JAG membership while mine was cancelled. Just because she doesn't shoot her mouth off there is no excuse! I'm angry! And I'd post this in JAG instead of here if I could.

Judge Crater - You're advice to K.S. doesn't belie your posts on JAG - it is pretty consistent. But I have to ask...having the (paid) experiences which you have amassed - why in the hell do you still do it if you know it's a waste of time and money?! Couldn't it contribute to your kid's college fund?!

S.B. Please don't call me a D.B.S. or whatever obscure acronym you used to refer to me before - I have feelings too you know.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
"S.B. Please don't call me a D.B.S. or whatever obscure acronym you used to refer to me before - I have feelings too you know."

"Sorry...it was DSB...I don't think you meant dyslexic Slinky Bender....I don't know what it means..."

( I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, so here's the reply assuming you were serious )

You said:"Why is everyone so uptight on this board? You guys need to open up a massage parlor! Heavy duty Swedish style massages all around...I'm picking up tension just floating here in cyber space"

I said:"It's that DSB again"

I didn't call you "a DSB" - it's not a noun. I answered your question. "It's that Dangerous Sperm Buildup again" see the prior thread explaining it: http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=665

[Edited by slinkybender on 05-14-2001 at 10:42 PM]

If she's not in the biz anymore, then she's technically not a provider though is she?

Unless the rules state sausage party only.