New Board Software Questions

The titles in the section headers are the same color as the section header itself. You can't read "Start Here" or any of the other ones without highlighting the area to reverse the font color. I've tried it in FF and IE to make sure it wasn't my browser being goofy.

A few more questions...

1) Is there a way to turn off the hover over popups on the thread titles? I move my mouse over a thread title and it looks like it overlays part of an internal comment on top of what's there and it's really distracting.

2) Is there a way to move the date/time stamp of a comment to the top of the comment instead of the bottom? On long posts, or ones where ads are inserted etc. You can't see when it was posted until you get past it. I will sometimes scroll through and skip older comments (even if they are new to me) if I haven't logged in in a while. This makes it hard to tell

3) Can you make the color on the line delimeters darker? The ultra pale blue doesn't easily denote the different between threads.

4) There used to be a legend that explained what the icons meant. Now, there doesn't seem to be a legend to tell what the bubble icons mean at the section level AND the threads no longer seem to have any icons at all to denote if you've commented on that thread or if there are new posts in the thread. Seems less user friendly.

Noticed that member's avatars are missing - are they no longer allowed on this board? If allowed, how do we add them to our profile page?
I assume that since a box for the avatar appears in each post that the feature is allowed, but just has not been activated yet. Allen explained that he is adding functionality as time allows.

I assume that since a box for the avatar appears in each post that the feature is allowed, but just has not been activated yet. Allen explained that he is adding functionality as time allows.
Ok, thanks for the explanation. Will keep an eye out for the update.

Noticed that member's avatars are missing - are they no longer allowed on this board? If allowed, how do we add them to our profile page?

I like the look, font, etc. but its gonna take some time to get used to, the old board was so comfortable and familiar like an old shoe. Also, I'm not sure where the thread moderator tools/options are.

Here are some of my observations. I've only tried this with Firefox.
The pop ups that show up when hover over a thread has some transparency effects. Because of that, the text just overlaps the background text.

Also noticed that when I click on the threads, it doesn't always go to the new one, but a few posts down. I'm using the default sort.

Allen

Webmaster?
ModernDayCowboy - unfortunately Vbulletin is dead software since they got bought out. Everyone is running the almost decade old 3.6 because the newer ones are garbage and there's no hope in sight. Shame because for a long time they were by far the best. But to get VB to be responsive for mobile etc, stable on reasonable hardware and a few other things just isn't worth the pain since it doesn't look like they'll ever get their shit together. Xenforo isn't blowing me away, but it's the best out of all the major ones I tested before switching.

Allen, I get an error message when touching the avatar icon to try and update it. Says you don't have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Is there another way of uploading an avatar other than just touching it ?
I've never had an avatar so I might be screwing the pooch on this one !

Allen, I've seen at least four examples of duplicate posts in the past few days. There's even one by you in posts #30 & 31 here. And they are not always consecutive. Is this a glitch?

When I click on NEW POSTS, is there a cue or something to show me where my unread posts end and read posts begin? The old software used dim fonts for read titles. What is the cue on the new software?

ModernDayCowboy - unfortunately Vbulletin is dead software since they got bought out. Everyone is running the almost decade old 3.6 because the newer ones are garbage and there's no hope in sight. Shame because for a long time they were by far the best. But to get VB to be responsive for mobile etc, stable on reasonable hardware and a few other things just isn't worth the pain since it doesn't look like they'll ever get their shit together. Xenforo isn't blowing me away, but it's the best out of all the major ones I tested before switching.
Thank you very much for putting so much effort into this. I totally agree with you regarding VB. Saw the new VB killed performance first hand and caused all types of issues.

On the old board, there was a button called "User CP". When I clicked on it, it showed me all threads that I'm subscribed to that have had posts since my last visit. Is there a way to do that here?

On the old board, there was a button called "User CP". When I clicked on it, it showed me all threads that I'm subscribed to that have had posts since my last visit. Is there a way to do that here?
Perhaps you can use alerts to track this. Click the button on the top right and set your preferences.