New Board Software Questions

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
It is supposed to be available tjru your control panel, but that didnt work for me so I am not sure it will work for anuone else either. Trying to get the tech guys to pay attention.

There is the capability of being followed on the board. If you wish (and I do for instance) you can set a flag that allows an alert when someone follows you.
When I get such an alert I look up the profile of the follower.
In the case where the follower is an active poster I have no problem with being followed.

However sometimes a member with zero posts follows me. For example Tupac is such a member.
I do have a problem with that.
I have no interested in making life easy for either a lurker or , ever worse, someone from LE.
Yeah I know that they can still get the info they want - but why hand it over for free.

Q: Is there a way to reverse the "following" option to disable a particular member from following another member?

So the transparent background on the hover over previews has been driving me batty since the day the new format began. Today I finally tried to solve it and... SUCCESS!!!

Either the moderator can add an extra line to the CSS that drives the board like this which makes the hover over pop-up background white

Code:
.xenPreviewTooltip {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

or

for the every day user like me who wants to fix it immediately, you'll need to be using Firefox, and then install the "Stylish" Add-On. Once installed write a new style with the following content. It will load after the page loads and will add in the missing style entry. Now whenever you hover over a link that show a preview, it will have a white background and you'll be able to read what it says without the forum content bleeding through. Such simple things make me feel much better. Ahhhh.

Code:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("utopiaguide.com") {

.xenPreviewTooltip {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

}

Today this site seems to be pausing for me. Reading a thread will ponder and then show. Posting a response will bring up what I'll call a "pixelated" thing on the right hand side and then "dot-dot-dot" itself for a bit until finally posting. This could be a problem on my end, but all other sites seem ok , and I've never seen this pixelated thing before, unless there has been new software installed?

If you're trying to get a rise out of her forget it, she has you blocked. She doesn't see anything you post.
Billy, there may be a flaw in the blocking scheme (not sure with the new software as I don't remember ever blocking anyone with it — but it was true with the old software. ) but although the original post by someone who is blocked is blocked to the blocker, replies i.e., the reply by posters who are not blocked quoting a post of a poster who is blocked, to posts of the person blocked may include the text from the blocked poster.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Billy, there may be a flaw in the blocking scheme (not sure with the new software as I don't remember ever blocking anyone with it — but it was true with the old software. ) but although the original post by someone who is blocked is blocked to the blocker, replies i.e., the reply by posters who are not blocked quoting a post of a poster who is blocked, to posts of the person blocked may include the text from the blocked poster.
i can’t see that idiot’s posts at all unless I hit “show ignored content”

billyS

Reign of Terror
More of a question to Slinky.

More of a question to Slinky.
Looks like @Sophia Belle answered my question. Thanks Sophia.

I remember from the old software I blocked a guy. He was the only one I recall that ever blocked. He would answer posts in a thread, especially mine, with instead of logical counter arguments, he would respond with stuff like "Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha" and the like. Just a troll.

He was later banned as he was a pain in the ass to others, adding nothing useful, and just a waste of bandwidth.

Anyway, although I wouldn't see his original post, if someone quoted one of his posts, I would see the original quote and the person's quoting him response.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Looks like @Sophia Belle answered my question. Thanks Sophia.

I remember from the old software I blocked a guy. He was the only one I recall that ever blocked. He would answer posts in a thread, especially mine, with instead of logical counter arguments, he would respond with stuff like "Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha" and the like. Just a troll.

He was later banned as he was a pain in the ass to others, adding nothing useful, and just a waste of bandwidth.

Anyway, although I wouldn't see his original post, if someone quoted one of his posts, I would see the original quote and the person's quoting him response.
The guy I’m referring to is a troll as well… “do you rim?” Like 100 times :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: