New Board Software Questions

You can "watch a thread" or your can "watch a forum". Then at the top of the page, when you click on the Forum tab next to Home, on the sub menu there is a link to jump to "Watched Forms" or "Watched Threads". I think that will do what you want. Seems to work for me. =)

You can "watch a thread" or your can "watch a forum". Then at the top of the page, when you click on the Forum tab next to Home, on the sub menu there is a link to jump to "Watched Forms" or "Watched Threads". I think that will do what you want. Seems to work for me. =)
Yes, that will bring up watched threads for sure. But it will bring up threads even if they haven't had any new posts.

One of the reasons I had to use that feature in the past was that I wasn't getting email notifications for new posts. That seems to be working now with the new board, so that's a good thing. :)

When I click on NEW POSTS, is there a cue or something to show me where my unread posts end and read posts begin? The old software used dim fonts for read titles. What is the cue on the new software?

fairemily: I was able to create a picture (avatar) by calling up my profile page (hover the mouse over your UG handle at the top right of the page and click on "Profile") and clicking on the big box with the "?" mark inside on the top left hand side of the page. This brings up a message box that lets you insert a picture for you profile. Good Luck. Sculptor69

When I click on NEW POSTS, only posts that I have not read previously appear. No unread posts appear. But this is probably due to my clicking on the MARK FORUMS READ tab after I am done with a browsing session just before I log out. Then when I sign in the next time, only the unread posts appear in NEW POSTS.

I find the font size very hard to read. Somehow it seemed a lot clearer in the last version.
But maybe my eyesight is just going south, like the rest of me.

Is the edit function gone? I recall being able to edit your post for up to 15 minutes after posting. Or am I mis-remembering and thinking of another hobby board?

I'm having MASSIVE issues navigating and posting when I'm logged into the site, also it lags and will time out to blank pages periodically. When I view the site as a guest everything works fine. Ive tried in FireFox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. Get same results on PC and iOS.

I really am starting to miss the old software.

justme

homo economicus
Everything is terrible! Change is hard! Why doesn't my epithet show up in the preview box? Why does the mark-up not work on its italics? Why have you ruined my life? What are all these pictures? I am confused.

fairemily: I was able to create a picture (avatar) by calling up my profile page (hover the mouse over your UG handle at the top right of the page and click on "Profile") and clicking on the big box with the "?" mark inside on the top left hand side of the page. This brings up a message box that lets you insert a picture for you profile. Good Luck. Sculptor69
Everything is terrible! Change is hard! Why doesn't my epithet show up in the preview box? Why does the mark-up not work on its italics? Why have you ruined my life? What are all these pictures? I am confused.
So I tried to put an avatar in to my profile it says I do not have permission to do this action...Can somebody give me permission lol.....

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
This board is supposed to be for the anonymous sharing of stories, etc. And not as a conduit for people to have private conversations on or off the board. That is why there is no PMing, no "email me" or directing others to contact you, etc.

This board is supposed to be for the anonymous sharing of stories, etc. And not as a conduit for people to have private conversations on or off the board. That is why there is no PMing, no "email me" or directing others to contact you, etc.
Oh ok, I thought that was where I could change my email address in case I need to reset my password. Am I missing where to go to change my email address? Thanks

Ah, good question to which I do not know the answer and will have to look into it.
This is more of a bug but didn't see a bug thread. When you are viewing the site on a pc and you reply to the thread with the quick reply option, after you hit "post reply", it does not erase your post. Could result in repeating a post if you decide to reply to someone else in a separate post within the same thread. See the Online Bust thread as an example.