My SO actually said this...

Thread is ruined now. On to the next topic!
The thread was ruined as soon as using spy cameras was suggested. I've never encountered a bigger bunch of hypocrites, if any member posted they were a victim of such a violation for any reason you guys would be screaming from the rooftops in protest. I've seen more threads regarding personal privacy then any other topic, I can't believe I have to point out the double standard.

The thread was ruined as soon as using spy cameras was suggested. I've never encountered a bigger bunch of hypocrites, if any member posted they were a victim of such a violation for any reason you guys would be screaming from the rooftops in protest. I've seen more threads regarding personal privacy then any other topic, I can't believe I have to point out the double standard.
Ok I promised to be nice. The thread isn't ruined and it's nice to have a woman's prospective on this subject.
Glad you make some good comments for discussion.

Em ... You are nuts ... but of course you already know this.

These women are examples of the lowest form of scum.... yet you have the nerve to slam the poor saps whose lives were ruined.

I don't know as a guy who doesn't get married or have kids because I know the odds of me staying faithful to one woman for the rest of my life are slim to none. I don't cheat either I just don't date very long. I see nothing wrong with people who decide to cheat I also see nothing wrong with people who decide to spy. It is each and every persons right to find out exactly what they are getting into because people lie. People lie everyday and when people are caught they still continue to lie. So if someone needs to spy to find out if there partner is indeed cheating and that gives them the motivation or some piece of mind to get out I say more power to them.

Each of us is wired differently. The only time I say there is something wrong with it is when the guy or girl that catches the cheater then goes ape shit crazy and tries to be violent. Its the most ludicrous thing in the world, find out by all means, but then walk away.

Em ... You are nuts ... but of course you already know this.

These women are examples of the lowest form of scum.... yet you have the nerve to slam the poor saps whose lives were ruined.
I honestly don't know what you were thinking promoting the use of spy gear to bust cheaters on a message board where cheating is a pastime and why should any of us care about your pompous friends who made bad choices in picking their trophy wives. I'm not nuts to point out the obvious double standard that it's fine to condone something on others that no member would tolerate being done to them including me. Your bad advice is surely not going to help the initial posters love life, that's for certain.

Who says they are "trophy" wives??? FYI they were anything but. These were their first wives and they are ordinary middle class guys trying to raise a family. The only thing they are guilty of is bad judgement. They all own up to it.

The first guy that caught his wife .. showed the other two guys how to do it. Now they are free from the skanks and better off mentally. Financially they took huge hits. The kids lives are damaged too. But I am happy for my friends who did nothing wrong except caught their skank wives cheating on them.

Furthermore ... many guys on this forum are not married so why would doing this or supporting this hypocritical?

You also have no idea why I hobby. I will not share that reason with you either. You don't know if my wife is aware of my hobbying either or what her feelings are.

You know little but free to speak volumes of how despicable men are.

Sounds like you just hate men Emily.

How about Dustin Johnson the golfer banging 2 other tour golfer's wives.
Either they liked the blow up the nose and or his big stick.
Men and women will fuck anything.
Women mostly fuck for money some way or another.
They just don't fuck to get off like men do. There is always a motive with women.

Oh please spare me, such nonsense. I like to know how many people are doing time for adultery, is this the US or Iran?
Emily - IT WAS A JOKE!
I would guess that nobody in last 50 years has been legally prosecuted for that "crime" - but it is still on the books. Back in the early 80's when I got divorced my lawyer (as the process wasn't completed yet) said to be aware, you never know what a bitter ex will do (mine wasn't bitter) but it is on the books and is a crime.
I checked before I posted and it looks like it still is on the books, right under the legal section on incest.

BTW - in IRAN, if the woman does it they stone her to death. I guess if the guy does it he gets a wink, wink, nudge, nudge, from the guys. That's NOT a joke.

Steve, you still don't get it. I don't hate men and I have no emotional investment in your friends. My only concern is a member recklessly suggesting the very thing that is every other members worst nightmare. We don't know who is reading this, people get your crazy suggestion to bust cheaters in their head to use against us to violate our right to privacy. You keep taking about these people none of know or give a crap about to justify your stupid suggestion. This whole board is devoted to the opposite of what you condone and promote, we discuss protection not spying. I'm done trying to explain myself, would get better results talking to a rock.

Emily - IT WAS A JOKE!
I would guess that nobody in last 50 years has been legally prosecuted for that "crime" - but it is still on the books. Back in the early 80's when I got divorced my lawyer (as the process wasn't completed yet) said to be aware, you never know what a bitter ex will do (mine wasn't bitter) but it is on the books and is a crime.
I checked before I posted and it looks like it still is on the books, right under the legal section on incest.

BTW - in IRAN, if the woman does it they stone her to death. I guess if the guy does it he gets a wink, wink, nudge, nudge, from the guys. That's NOT a joke.
I don't find excuses to go after cheaters funny considering where we are discussing it. We have enough nervous members without adding more scary ideas like it's a crime to cheat or someone can install spy gear in their car. Seasoned members have a responsibility to help keep a rational perspective not add to their fears. The fact I have to mention this makes me realize how insensitive some of you are to the majority of newer members. They read from a member with thousands of posts causally condoning spy fear (for any reason) and it just looks bad at least to me.

Sounds like you just hate men Emily.
Not giving a shit about a handful of wealthy guys who made bad choices does not mean I hate men, you really can spin a topic to justify any silly belief you have.

In fact my concern of your reckless suggestion is only towards men, the much larger majority of men who you seem to not care about. They read your garbage about spying and some might think it's the norm when the truth is most people don't live like your messed friends with their messed up situations.

What we are witnessing here is irrationality at its utmost and when it comes to Emily that is always the norm. Take it from me, since I have the most experience in dealing with this loon, you're wasting your time in trying to argue with her. We could have a hundred people here explaining to her how wrong she is and it will never register in her head that maybe she is at fault. They say a woman will never admit that she is wrong, I don't know how true that is but I know in Emily's case it can be written in stone.

What we are witnessing here is rationality at its utmost and when it comes to Emily that is always the norm. Take it from me, since I have the most experience in dealing with this loon, you're wasting your time in trying to argue with her. We could have a hundred people here explaining to her how wrong she is and it will never register in her head that maybe she is at fault. They say a woman will never admit that she is wrong, I don't know how true that is but I know in Emily's case it can be written in stone.
This from the only active member who trolled me on two different occasions, banned at least once under a different handle Stu Goetz, been reprimanded by Troutman for breaking the board rules, had offensive thread he started removed and had the worst troll this board ever encountered copy your handle in admiration. Did I miss anything? All can be proved with links to your board violations.

If I'm so irrational lets take a poll of how members feel about spy gear used to track their activities under any justification. I'm just going to take an educated guess that most members would be against it.

Emily, you have argued with me and reviled me in the past. You definitely have anger issues and God only knows what else. I don't care if you trash me because I do not know you and don't ever want to know you. With that said, most of your "constructive comments" come off as if you are a harpy. I am sure deep down inside you are a nice person, but as a suggestion, when debating assholes, strese your points without venom. You just may win some mongers over. Go ahead and scream at me.

Emily, you have argued with me and reviled me in the past. You definitely have anger issues and God only knows what else. I don't care if you trash me because I do not know you and don't ever want to know you. With that said, most of your "constructive comments" come off as if you are a harpy. I am sure deep down inside you are a nice person, but as a suggestion, when debating assholes, strese your points without venom. You just may win some mongers over. Go ahead and scream at me.
You wrote something really cruel to a provider in a delicate situation and I wasn't the only who found it offensive so don't try to single me out like I have a problem. I'm guessing you also think it's okay for an SO to install spy cameras to bust cheating. I don't have to have anger issues or have to be a member of Mensa to know in a guarded community like this where privacy is a big main concern promoting the use of spy gear for cheating should be frowned upon. Am I the only one who understands a large majority of members are in a some sort of relationship and find the idea of being spied on with secret tech gear for of all things cheating cringe worthy?

Trigger you shouldn't play the victim, I saw your post claiming when you walk out on a provider you call them horrible things because you feel like you have some right to do so. I wouldn't be able to do the things you guys claim you are capable of doing even in my darkest day yet I'm called a loon or angry because I have a moral compass, unbelievable. It's a weak defense to project your issues into those who call you out, very weak.

Emily, I do not believe in spying on someone unless you need proof of adultery for a divorce trial. My gut feeling is that you generally know your SO so well that any changes in emotional and physical intimacy would be evident and that red flags would go up. What I am saying is most people know when someone is cheating on them and you don't need to spy on them. In cases like this, go with your gut.