Mexican Coke in NYC??? Made with real sugar not corn syrup!

The green bottles (aka "Georgia Green") are better than the clear... something about the light having an affect on it.

And Coke on tap beats them all.

I'm seeing a lot of canned and bottled soft drinks (mostly on iced teas and energy drinks) lately using "real sugar" and proudly saying so on the label. How times have changed when the word sugar means a good thing.

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
Sugar tastes better than HFCS, and Splenda tastes better than Nutrasweet. If I'm drinking a cola, I'm already drinking something I know isn't good for me. I'm not concerned about which is healthier, but which tastes better.

HFCS is immediately perceptible, does not taste like sugar, is gagworthy IMHO. (So is Pepsi, in all its forms.) I haven't had a Mexican Coke in years, and that was in Mexico, but I remember instantly thinking it tasted like Coke used to taste before they ruined it with HFCS.

Interesting videos spaq, I think I've seen those. The bottom line for me is that soda made with real sugar just tastes better, just about everybody on here agrees.

In a related story, I drank Canada Dry Ginger Ale from a bottle, for the first time since probably like 1975, last week when I was in Central America. Just tasted better to me too. Im sure it was made from real sugar even though I couldnt find the ingrediants listed on the bottle. Tasted sweeter than the Ginger Ale you find in the states.

yeah, they say the cost of sugar is cheaper outside of the US which is why it is made with corn syrup here but sugar in mexico.

its where the idea that coke in a glass bottle is better but its because most of the glass bottle coke you find is from mexico.

Well that makes sense.
But here's another question, why the prevelence of the use plastic instead of glass bottles in the U.S.? How/why/when did plastic win the lion's share of the US market over glass but why is it seemingly the reverse in Mexico and Latin America?

Last edited:
It has to do with volume. The number of coke made in the US is such a high volume they use plastic bottles because its cheaper and break less in shipping.