Mexican Coke in NYC??? Made with real sugar not corn syrup!

All their sodas are mode with cane sugar, no corn syrup. Now I'm not convinced that corn syrup is the new arsenic, but I like it when I come across a product that is proud to list their ingredients. Their root beer rocks!
http://www.boylanbottling.com/

Question: Does anyone know where to buy Manhattan special brand Sarsaparilla?
http://www.manhattanspecial.com/products_sodas.html
Yeah, I'm a big Root Beer and Sarsaparilla connoisseur.
Boylans natural Cola is terrible! Its missing the bite that Coke has. I guess the proprietary herbs they use to get that distinct taste.

Anybody know where I can find RC Cola in the boros?

Given that corn is now being used to produce ethanol more and more, does anyone besides me think that it's possible the price of HFCS (high fructose CORN syrup) will go up enough that Coke might consider going back to cane sugar?
no i think they'll just raise the price

Hey anybody try Pepsi Throwback. Its been advertised on radio fairly heavily the last few weeks with a guy doing a Wolfman Jack impersonation. It supposed to be Pepsi made with natural sugar. The ad says available for limited time. I sure wish they would make it permanant, I bet sales would go through the roof and offset the cost of using the more expensive sugar instead of the corn syrup.
Dying to try it.

It's still going to taste like Pepsi shit.

Throwback? Throw it out.
I hate Pepsi, my dad worked for them for decades. I did get to try some of the experiments that never quite sold. We had soda stacked to the ceiling and I had to sneak out to get a Coke.

Why do I sense that you guys hate Pepsi lol

But hey if Coke marketed something similiar I'd rush out to find it. Pepsi is being smart.

Last edited:
Why do I sense that you guys hate Pepsi lol

But hey if Coke marketed something similiar I'd rush out to find it. Pepsi is being smart.

Hate it cause it sucks. And I'm not a big coke drinker. About the only time I ever drink coke is if I'm someplace that has nothing else or with Jack Daniels in it. Which proves a point.... when's the last time you were in a bar that sold Pepsi. It's called Jack n Coke for a reason.

And Coke does have a new one without the corn syrup. I forget what it's called but it's on the shelves in the Publix down here and it's not the Mexican or Passover Coke either. I think the higher price of corn is making the decision to return to sugar more viable.

Last edited:

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I hate Pepsi, my dad worked for them for decades. I did get to try some of the experiments that never quite sold. We had soda stacked to the ceiling and I had to sneak out to get a Coke.
I worked at Pepsi for two summers in the 90s. I perfer "coke" over "pepsi", but, I'll tell you , they paid great, they treated me well and hanging out in LIC at 2 AM was a blast!!!

Is there really that much different between Coke and Pepsi? I probably slightly prefer Pepsi but its not like I find Coke that different. One is prob slightly sweeter than the other thats about the only difference I can tell.
Gonna have to do a taste test between both natural sugar versions.

I believe that Coke has more syrup and a little less carbonation. DO you remember when they used to sell Coca Cola syrup in the pharmacy for treatment of upset stomachs and diarrhea?