marrying a provider...a question for the gentlemen(and ladies too)

I certainly feel that I could be a good wife someday. I think I could be a good mother, as well, although I don't really feel the urge to be a mommy, so I don't know.

Yes, I am screwed up. I don't know what screwed me up, but I have always been that way. On teh other hand, I see screwed up people all around me who are married with children.

My being screwed up would not mean that I can't communicate fairly and honestly with my family. It does not mean that I can't connect emotionally with others. It does not mean that I can't lead a productive and prosperous life. I will just do those things in my uniquely screwed up way.

I do those things better than many people I know. I am an honest, loyal friend. I am able to make
choices that are good for myself and the needs of others. I am loving and I will try to make the
people I care about happy. I am less selfish, thoughtless, and careless than many "normal" and
successful people I know.

Yes, I can be a good wife and mother. I don't think I would be as good at those things if I were currently working as a prostitute. Not because of the clients so much, but because of the shame
and marginalization that come with the lifestyle.

And, yes, the "You're just a whore" thing does come up in arguments. Few providers I've known
have had truly healthy relationships with men. The only exceptions have been the sort of
providers who were in the life because sex was their true vocational calling. They were basically
swingers who subscribed to the philosophy of "Do what you love and the money will follow." I've
known maybe three of those in my 9+ years of providing.

Originally posted by Judge Crater
Thorn:

Good to explore providers as human beings beyond their sexual value if you want to understand life better and commercial sex better. Hold on to your hat, though, and keep your eyes open. They be some fairly tough customers outside of the bedroom. What you'll find out about them and yourself can be scary stuff. Very humbling.

[Edited by Judge Crater on 07-03-2001 at 09:08 PM]
Huhhhhh???????

Again I find myself posting on this thread, even during my vacation(why is there a computer in this cabin?).

Since you have never met me you don't know what sort of person I am. Thorn and I may visit on the "provider-client" aspect but, we are also friends. I can sit and go through a bottle of Jack with him and sing Allman Brothers songs at the top of our lungs while drunk as two sailors.At that point neither one of us is a customer. We are two friends having a few drinks and getting into trouble together.The fact that I am female and/or a provider is besides the point completely.

I just like to hang out with Thorn, go into a few strip clubs, tip the dancers, have a few drinks and act crazy. I think you guys call it "boys night out". The fact that I am a cockless person, does not change the fact that we can have fun together.

Being a cockless person certainly doesn't make you less of a person, MercyD. And being a cockful (?) person certainly doesn't make me more of one. I do not define myself in terms of having a cock, and I try my best not to let my life be ruled by a cock (which effort is not always duly rewarded). Sex, in and of itself, is overrated. "I fuck, therefore I come, therefore I am" -- I don't think so. We are all seeking something beyond the orgasm, although we are not always able to articulate what that something is. Unfortunately, for most men, orgasms inform their behaviors because men are conditioned/socialized to believe that maximizing the number of orgasms they experience is what life is all about. Once one gets beyond this superficial conditioning, extraordinarily powerful subtletiesand nuances obtain and color the experience of sex (paid and otherwise).

Please excuse me, the second bottle of vino has quite obviously kicked in.

Originally posted by nj george
mercy! you dig the allman brothers?

will you marry me?????????

Sorry george

haven't you heard? AnnaNicole and Candie beat you to the punch.

then there's that guy in pennsylvania,what was his name?....I'm not sure but, I believe I'm still legally married to him,sort of,kind of.....oh well.

Marrying a provider/Client

I have had the occasion to fall in love with a client. He was everything that I wanted, we were always happy together (of course with the occasional dissagreement's) he made me feel like a princess as he said I made him feel like a prince. There was only one problem....his wife. We decided not to see each other anymore, so he could work things out at home. I moved on with my life, as I felt he did also.
I have recently been given news by him that he and his wife are now seperated or going to be soon. I still have many feelings for him, but am unsure as to whether it would be smart to go back. I wonder if the joining of provider/client in marriage has ever been successfull ?

[Edited by Body2see on 07-06-2001 at 03:18 PM]

B2C Question

It is very rare in life for people to get a second chance at love. I think you should start seeing this man with an understanding that there isn't any commitment. The two of you apparently have already learned to love each other, now you need to see if you still can be best friends. Let the rest happen at a slow pace as it is meant to be.

Regards,

Ohio

B2C,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just Kidding around. Hey, I agree with Ohio. Truly love rules and if you hooked back up. Great. If not even better. But if you heart and brain match go for it. Hell, It be dark day in my life ,,,damn.

Wimpy0704@hotmail.com

Body2see - Marrying a provider

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL B2C, COINCIDENTLY, I FOUND MYSELF IN THE SAME SITUATION. MY ADVICE IS TO BE HONEST WITH YOUR FEELINGS AND BE HONEST WITH HIM AND HE WILL LOVE YOU IN RETURN. IF YOU BOTH MAKE A REAL EFFORT, WHO KNOWS? STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED IN THIS WORLD.

IF HE CAN BE IN LOVE WITH YOU AND LEAVE HIS WIFE DESPITE YOUR PRIOR ACTIVITIES AS A PROVIDER THAN THIS GUY MUST REALLY FEEL SOMETHING VERY DEEP FOR YOU. UNLESS HE IS COOL WITH IT NOW, YOU SHOULD STAY RETIRED AND TRY YOUR BEST TO WORK THINGS OUT NOW THAT HE IS LEAVING HIS WIFE FOR YOU. MOST PEOPLE GO THEIR ENTIRE LIVES WITHOUT FINDING THEIR SOULMATE. IF YOU BELEIVE HE COULD BE THE ONE THEN GO FOR IT.

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US UP TO DATE.

Lucent321

My sweetheart......only time will tell US which way OUR paths will go. I see only good things in OUR future. Some things were meant to be. At lunch today I believe you felt the same way.

Big hugs and kissses, B2S

Body2see & me!

MY PRINCESS,

I'M SURE ALL OF YOUR FANS & FRIENDS WILL HATE THIS POST.

I HAVE LOVED YOU FROM THE DAY WE MET AND MORE NOW THAN EVER. WE BOTH HAVE BEEN THROUGH HELL IN THE LAST YEAR BUT OUR LOVE HAS ENDURED! IN MY WILDEST DREAMS & FANTASIES, I COULD NOT HAVE IMAGINED FINDING YOU AND SHARING WHAT WE HAVE. WHEN WE ARE TOGETHER, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS TO ME. I ALSO BELEIVE THINGS ARE MEANT TO BE - YOU & ME.

LOVE PUMPKIN
XOXO

Is this part of the movie where we all stand up and start cheering and clapping and yelling? Or is this where we just turn around, muttering "get a room?"

B2S, does this mean that you're not going to be getting frisky every now and then for the rest of us?

Best of luck to both of you. May you give each other all the happiness in the world.

Bonerless

I never got one as I was reading that post. I did however reminisce about my one and only love with whom I've since parted ways a yr or so ago. Complicated mess when there's a spouse involved so I did the more honorable thing and took a back seat. Well she's now seperated, sort of in the dating scene but not with me. Some love fades, out of sight out of mind I guess, but others lasts a lifetime. The hard part is knowing which one will truly last. No one knows these things. So my advise, as if I am truly qualified here, would be to roll the dice and roll them hard, for the only regret we will have in life is the regret of not following our heart and going for broke.

I wish you both the best whether together or apart only time will tell.

Peace Out
C

Your Happiness comes First

B2S, I am sure I will be speaking for all who know you and for all that you have touched. We wish for you what you have given us over the YEAR AND THAT IS TRUE HAPPINESS. I know the friendship that we have will always be there. And Lucent you are a lucky man, if this is your destiny then I know a few hundred men that are very envious of you including myself.

Happiness Forever

Body2See and Lucent321,

I wish you nothing but happiness in life. Lucent321, well put. Is this a proposal? Body2See, your very lucky to have met Lucent321. You must be wearing your lucky charm today.

[Edited by cablesurfer on 07-06-2001 at 10:25 PM]