Losing weight the right way.

Care to explain monodiet?

One thing though with all diets (i think they all work). Just like gym routines, it all depends where you're at. But some of them are truly not healthy for you...just like working out tooooo much.

Like some overweight man should not get hung up on details of how to do repeats/and interval training and VO2 Max...he should just get started and try finishing a mile first without walking...

Whatever works, the most important thing is the WILL to do it...

Oh and girls....dont be afraid to do squats and lunges, goodmornings, deadlifts, they'll do wonders for the posterior chain....(goes for guys too)

American food is to blame

Everything is so highly processed with too much oil, sugar and fat without you even knowing it. Ever tried Asian food (the real Asian food), very flavorful without much grease or sugar. Even the desserts you get in Chinatown are much less sweet than the canoli or cheesecake you get at a typical American place. Also the portions are f'ing out rageous. Our bodies are designed by nature to desire more food (or nutrients therein) than you really need. By taking the scarcity of food out of the equation, it's very hard to keep this balance. Even the poorest bastards can still afford to eat buckets of fried chicken. So much for my venting.

Remember, the food does make a difference. Work out is great, but the problem with working out is you can run like a madman on that friggin treadmill for an hour and only burn one tiny cookie that you can swallow in less than half a second. How come GM never learned from such efficient use of energy?

I am about to enter my annual "purge the junk" diet. Every year I tend to get in some sort of eating/lack of exercise rut. This year, the birth of my first child in April did me in. My wife needed my help a lot at the beginning, so the last thing I had the energy for was exercise. Then, to top it off, I didn't eat the best. My wife has now lost 50 lbs since April. I am at my typically high weight of 280 (I'm 6'6" tall). My quest to get back into the 250's has just begu.

Just to update. I actually peaked at 290 before I got serious about this. Here we are at the end of January and I have lost 12 lbs. How, you ask? I play pick up basketball 3 times a week, I have replaced beef in my diet with chicken and fish (Tilapia, mmmm). I do not eat rolls or any bread after lunch. I have a fruit smoothy every morning. I have cut out chips, fries, chocolate, etc. Hunger-wise, I start to feel it about 10:30 and a tall glass of water or 2 usually snuffs it out. I wake up ravenous, but my smoothy and coffee tends to satisfy me to noon. So far, so good. My snoring has subsided to almost nothing. I sleep deeper, longer. The random erections have come back (my wife likes this). So, I am 278 and my goals is to be 255 by April 14.

Just to update. I actually peaked at 290 before I got serious about this. Here we are at the end of January and I have lost 12 lbs. How, you ask? I play pick up basketball 3 times a week, I have replaced beef in my diet with chicken and fish (Tilapia, mmmm). I do not eat rolls or any bread after lunch. I have a fruit smoothy every morning.....Hunger-wise, I start to feel it about 10:30..... So, I am 278 and my goals is to be 255 by April 14.
Good going Almighty!
Just a couple of items that may make it easier:
1. The reason you are hungry "about 10:30" is (I assume from "I do not eat rolls or any bread after lunch" that you may eat bread or rolls or other refined cereals for breakfast That and the fruit smoothy can cause a blood sugar spike then a blood sugar crash in mid-morning. Try and switch (check those calories!) to whole wheat or whole grain or eggs w/veggy sausage for breakfast and see what happens.
2. The pickup basketball is going to get even more fun as your weight drops and you get around the court easier and faster. The risk here (at your weight) is injury. Keep ice packs around. The instant ones should always be in your car and/or gym bag - they are cheap and if you do injure yourself can greatly reduce further injury from swelling. Ibuprophen (advil, motrin, etc), asprin are also good anti-Inflamatory. Try a little cross training on days you don't play that dont us the same parts of the body (specifically knees and ankles). Some weight bearing exercise such as yoga or mild weight lifting is an excellent off day exercise, (heavy weight lift will not build muscle effectively during a weight loss period).

Good luck and keep on posting your results!

As Goddess as my witness!!

I will never touch another piece of food from Mickey D's!!!!!!

Iwas bored a couple of nights ago and decided to finally watch the documentary Super Size Me.

All I will say is.. Never again.. will I ever again touch another item from that place, or any other fast food.

I would rather starve....

Speaking of which, starving is the only,most effective way to lose weight.

Actually, eating is the best way to lose weight. When you deny your body food, it goes into hibernation mode and actually slows down your metabolism to counter act the starvation. So, eating reasonable, healthy meals and getting consistent exercise is the best way to lose weight.

Starving is not good

I will never touch another piece of food from Mickey D's!!!!!!

Iwas bored a couple of nights ago and decided to finally watch the documentary Super Size Me.

All I will say is.. Never again.. will I ever again touch another item from that place, or any other fast food.

I would rather starve....

Speaking of which, starving is the only,most effective way to lose weight.

the almighty dollar is right once your body reaches the point of losing weight from not eating you've done more damage then you realize (internally). You can eat fruits & vegetables, get some of the nutrition you need & not gain weight or damage your organs.