Lobster Suggestions

I mentioned this place in the clam shack thread and every long islander probably knows about it...... there's a place near Five Towns on Rockaway and I think Peninsula blvd called Lumers. It's a dumpy looking shack and it's strictly take out. But if you want to feed a family with a lobster and clam bake, they put together a nice take out package for cheap.

A really silly, fun place to eat lobsters is Francisco's Centro Vasco on West 23rd Street in Manhattan. It's reasonably priced. When you sit down, they just drop a list of sizes and prices. It's an old-school Spanish restaurant, but people only go there to eat crustaceans.

Best place to buy live lobsters is a lobster and crab market on the Northern edge of Chinatown on Centre Street, just north of Hester. It's on the east side of the street. Big tanks of lobsters and dungeness crab. Always a great price and always the sweetest meat.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I've walked into the Centre St place a few times (especially when Kenny's was at 200 Centre) but never bougth from there. Price didn't seem outstanding? There's a place I like on Madison between Market and Catherine? Northest Lobster?

Also, any idea how the place is on the NorthEastcorner of ?Allen and Hester?

Years ago (as in about 20), Waterfront Crab House on Bowery, just north of CBGB's former location, used to have all you can eat lobsters. Granted, I was in my 20's, but I managed to go through 10 along with NE clam chowder, a baked potato, and many English ales. The record was, surprisingly, only 19. I could have plowed right through it, but my GF at the time had her GRE's the next day and we had to leave. The restaurant closed before I had a chance to try again - wonder if I had anything to do with their demise...

Last edited: