LE and Providers

That's ok. Who else am I going to call at 3am when a maniac tries to break into my house ?
They deserve to put out some attitude.
You do what I would do: you take your pump load 12 gauge out of the closet, load a couple of 00 buckshot rounds into its magazine, walk where the guy is about to break in or has broken in, and pump a shell into the chamber (the sound of that happening is unmistakable and recognized by everyone).

Even a manic will hear that sound and dive out the opening he (sorry about not being gender specific but most likely will be a "he") was about to or actually came in from.

Unless he does something stupid like try and point something that may look like a weapon in your direction that will be the end of the transaction (unless some of the piss or crap he just pooped out ends up on your floor that will need to be cleaned up later). In the unlikely event you have to actually pull the trigger, the 00 buckshot is better than a slug (both will kill him) as the slug may go completely thru him possibly damaging something valuable in your house whereas the buckshot won't.

Ps. genius doesn't joke about stuff like this

You do what I would do: you take your pump load 12 gauge out of the closet, load a couple of 00 buckshot rounds into its magazine, walk where the guy is about to break in or has broken in, and pump a shell into the chamber (the sound of that happening is unmistakable and recognized by everyone).

Even a manic will hear that sound and dive out the opening he (sorry about not being gender specific but most likely will be a "he") was about to or actually came in from.

Unless he does something stupid like try and point something that may look like a weapon in your direction that will be the end of the transaction (unless some of the piss or crap he just pooped out ends up on your floor that will need to be cleaned up later). In the unlikely event you have to actually pull the trigger, the 00 buckshot is better than a slug (both will kill him) as the slug may go completely thru him possibly damaging something valuable in your house whereas the buckshot won't.

I hope you practice loading and unloading in the dark and under pressure! I never understood keeping an unloaded gun. Or when people say I will just get it out of the safe. Most people will be in such a panic that there will be a disconnect between the brain and hands while trying to open the safe, no matter if it's combo, key, or fingerprint. That's why practicing loading and unloading in the dark and under pressure with loud music, noises will create muscle memory which is the most important thing.

I hope you practice loading and unloading in the dark and under pressure! I never understood keeping an unloaded gun. Or when people say I will just get it out of the safe. Most people will be in such a panic that there will be a disconnect between the brain and hands while trying to open the safe, no matter if it's combo, key, or fingerprint. That's why practicing loading and unloading in the dark and under pressure with loud music, noises will create muscle memory which is the most important thing.
Muscle memory isn’t going to be a problem for pokler.

I use Lima beans for the first round as a courtesy.

Although it's been a long time I had to reload (or clear out a jam) under what I assume would be a much higher pressure than could possibly be created by "under pressure with load music, noises", I don't think I would have a problem with that today.

Shells have a profile that are easily identifiable by feel as I which end slides in 1st. When, and only when, I do have a round in my weapon, it is chambered and I am expected to use it in the immediate future such as when I am in the field hunting (haven't done that in many years) or at a range.

Plus the sound of a couple of shells sliding into the magazine also may have an effect on any intruder.

Unless there is a trigger lock (I don't use them) I do not think it is a good idea to keep a loaded weapon in the house; I keep unloaded weapon up against inside wall of my bedroom closet and 00 shells in my dresser. All other ammo is in a locked box.

I do not have a gun safe although my other firearm is in a locked gun case — I would never use that one in my house as the projectile would go thru the intruder, the wall of my house and if pointed in that direction, the wall of my neighbor's house.

I use Lima beans for the first round as a courtesy.
I do not offer any courtesy to anyone who breaks into my home when my SO and I are there. I assume that such intends to do us harm ("officer — I feared for my life and I saw what looked like he had a weapon"). The correct thing to do (for a civilian anyway, unfortunately for them cops have to give a warning when face with a weapon) is give no warning and aim toward center of mass and shoot.

Luckily I've never been faced with this situation, I have an alarm but since I do not want metal tape on my glass it can be defeated if the criminal knows what he is doing.

Although it's been a long time I had to reload (or clear out a jam) under what I assume would be a much higher pressure than could possibly be created by "under pressure with load music, noises", I don't think I would have a problem with that today.

Shells have a profile that are easily identifiable by feel as I which end slides in 1st. When, and only when, I do have a round in my weapon, it is chambered and I am expected to use it in the immediate future such as when I am in the field hunting (haven't done that in many years) or at a range.

Plus the sound of a couple of shells sliding into the magazine also may have an effect on any intruder.

Unless there is a trigger lock (I don't use them) I do not think it is a good idea to keep a loaded weapon in the house; I keep unloaded weapon up against inside wall of my bedroom closet and 00 shells in my dresser. All other ammo is in a locked box.

I do not have a gun safe although my other firearm is in a locked gun case — I would never use that one in my house as the projectile would go thru the intruder, the wall of my house and if pointed in that direction, the wall of my neighbor's house.
Good luck with all that. I hope you never have to test your "home defense plan".

An unloaded shot gun is called a club

An unloaded shot gun is called a club
That works too.
A hypothetical with you being a bugler who has just broken into a house:

However, if someone with his finger on the trigger, makes the pump charging a round sound while pointing the shotgun at the middle of your chest perhaps you can tell me what your reaction would be?

To quote dirty harry "Do you feel lucky punk?"

I do not offer any courtesy to anyone who breaks into my home when my SO and I are there. I assume that such intends to do us harm ("officer — I feared for my life and I saw what looked like he had a weapon"). The correct thing to do (for a civilian anyway, unfortunately for them cops have to give a warning when face with a weapon) is give no warning and aim toward center of mass and shoot.

Luckily I've never been faced with this situation, I have an alarm but since I do not want metal tape on my glass it can be defeated if the criminal knows what he is doing.
Time to upgrade your alarm genius metal tape!?

Unless you have large sums of cash or jewelry in your home burglar is drug addict. If you have a young hot wife then 00 is necessary

Time to upgrade your alarm genius metal tape!?
Nah,
Switches on doors and windows and when house is unoccupied there are motion detectors inside.
I've had this system from when I bought the house and never had a problem with it (25 years ago and was installed by previous owner).
I live in higher end area (for village I'm in) and everyone has alarms and LE uses my road during shift changes — never heard of a burglary since I've been there.

Good enough.

If you have a pump action, keep a practice round/empty shell in the chamber, so that a rack-n-load would eject the "spent" (empty) and load the next "live" round. Also keeping the magazine tube loaded with buckshot/slug mix if over penetration (close neighbors, roommates) is a concern then mix in some #4 or #6 birdshot instead of the slugs. Also keep some sabot on the side saddle/sling carrier

If you have a pump action, keep a practice round/empty shell in the chamber, so that a rack-n-load would eject the "spent" (empty) and load the next "live" round. Also keeping the magazine tube loaded with buckshot/slug mix if over penetration (close neighbors, roommates) is a concern then mix in some #4 or #6 birdshot instead of the slugs. Also keep some sabot on the side saddle/sling carrier
I think when the zombie apocalypse comes I'm moving to Monty's house

I think when the zombie apocalypse comes I'm moving to Monty's house
My junk drawers and night stands are filled with various extra batteries all sizes and flashlights... and various ammo.

found some just the other day which was tossed in a junk drawer when i first moved out from my parents about 25 years ago, it got swept it up from my room at my parents house. Forgotten until a few weeks ago when i took my kids and dad to the range to use it up.

I had that ammo from when i was probably 16 tucked away in the back of a drawer when i went shooting with my dad from the Calverton range over 30 years ago . It was his preferred brand back then.

Now i trade ammo with my neighbors when one of us gets low (NYPD Det, across the street and retired Marine next door)