Latest UG Makeover

WOW! The new UG upgrade looks great, but I'm guessing it's still a work in progress (it doesn't even say Utopia Guide). Will there be any new features for members or is it the same old forum with a pretty new face and some back office stuff for the mods? Looks good so far...

Well it's certainly going to be weird seeing the newest post being in the last page than the first page of the thread.
MEMBERS: FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS LIKE THIS IS HERE SO THAT THE MODS CAN LOOK INTO THESE ISSUES.
I WILL KEEP A RUNNING LIST HERE OF FUNCTIONS/FEATURES THAT WE SHOULD ADDRESS:

• Preference to make newest post first on top. (sfkel1)
• Search on phone numbers ignores area code and exchange with this message:
The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: . (billyS)
• Where did the 'Sex' of the posters go? (vad1)
• "Go to top" link at the bottom of the page that brought you up to the top of the page (Mr. Joyboy)

Last edited:
Members who have not created an avatar will notice that the software has given you a default avatar consisting of the first initial of your screen name. I assume that you can remove that by going into the avatar creation function and simply deleting it. Since I do have an avatar of my choosing, I can't test that theory at the moment. Would someone who has one of these initial avatars and does not want to keep it see if he can delete it like that and then report back here. thnx

I was going along the lines of how green my Valley was ...

Where did the 'Sex' of the posters go? It was bad enough, even when this was mentioned in the Profile ... lol!

V

Along with the 'Edit' function, there is a 'Delete' one.

Don't recall that being there before.

Not sure what the time limit is on either ...

V

As I recall, there used to be a "Go to top" link at the bottom of the page that brought you up to the top of the page instead of having to scroll all the way back up, unless I'm thinking of another website. A minor issue, but it would be convenient to have.

By the way, I notice that comments on the new software are coming here and also into the "Banacek" thread. Do you have a preference as to where they should go and would it be more efficient to move the comments to one location?

Another feature that I don't recall in the previous version:

The number of 'guests' at any given time!

Quite impressive. I think.

Hope the guests are those of us who forgot their password and waiting to sign in.

Or would-be posters, present-day lurkers.

V