Julies raises rates

Well, Julies has always been the best value in town over the years. When ever I wanted to bust a nut thats the place to go. But in raising prices many feel that the quality of provider has to go up. Many have said the old school girls have to go. I have had many sessions there. Many were good and worth the $140.00 price. Very few would be worth $200.00.

It reminds me of something a UG member told me when discussing Bridgette. She was at Julies now at JB. This person said " Why would I go to JB's to see Bridgette for $300 hour. I used to see her at Julies for $180 an hour. She did everything for $180.0 that she will do for $300.00. Its like go to a Candy store and getting things for free. One day you come in and they want to charge you. Your first reaction is not to come back. But you get horny enough, you;'ll pay the price to come in again."

Julie,

You have every right to raise your prices, but alot of the newer girls are not worth the $250 price tag. I was around alot in the Chloe / Samantha days and they were great. Fatima and Faye were great too, but the others.......?

Julies was always a good place, pleasant and with decent service. But that $250pricing won't work, even for new customers. The average provider at Julies is over 30 yrs old. If Julie's really wants to charge those prices, they have to upgrade the quality of the girls. You can get younger, better looking girls for $220 at Amandas and $230 at the Red Room's Lex Ave location...

Of course, I don't want to pay more than I have to. But I must say that at those moments when my ratio of lust to parsimony reaches its tipping point, I don't care much about a 1/2$ difference in price. As the doctor says at the end of Portnoy's Complaint: "When the prick stands up, the brains get buried in the ground."
I guess Julie understands that.

references to person, places and things

Originally posted by slinkybender
hotpuppy,
"incredibly cheap narcissistic bastard" was aimed at me, since that's my stock and trade ( although my friends usally call me "incredibly cheap narcissistic asshole" ).
Always be careful when attributing either meaning or purpose to an author's intent. When I want to call someone a cheap narcissistic bastard - I am careful so there is never any confusion as to WHOM I am speaking. .....LOL.......Besides, it is always pleasing to raise the "ire" and conversely the energy level in this occasionally middle-aged board when it gets too quiet!!

Richard

Rate Increase

Hi guys,

It's Tess from Julie's. I've received lots of calls today concerning this rate increase. There has obviously been some kind of misunderstanding which I will now clarify.

Our rates are $140 for the half and $200 for the hour for ALL new and current members. We will offer our discounted rates on Saturdays only to all new and current members. Discounted rates are $120 for the half and $180 for the hour.

We apologize for any misunderstandings.

Love

Tess

Chloe and Samantha

Originally posted by DannyNJ
Wow... what is Julie thinking? I think it's a huge mistake. I visited often knowing that even though the girl wasn't "model type", it was still a good bargain. But now that it's priced the same as most other Incalls, I'll obviously go for the better looking girls.

I'm surprised they would make a change like that, especially with people tightening their budgets in this economy. I would think, if anything, places would go in the opposite direction pricewise to increase business.

Oh well - here's one customer who probably won't be going there anymore (unless they get another Chloe or Samantha quality girl). I'd be VERY curious to hear Julie's comments on all this.
Danny , my prices are 140 and 200 , I was a bit put off though by your pinning Chloe and Samantha as 10s to some they were not. They were cute but come on Chantal and Nancy, Sydney were young hot and just with us recently. You sound as if you have not been here for quite awhile. Wew have had some real talent come through here lately. We go through lots of new pretty girls but I must say our classic Julies girls are very good and guys call from all over the US to reserve time with them just from reading their reviews. I do not keep pricing low due to low quality girls ,my girls leave and go to upscale houses and fit in with no problem. They do leave because they know they can get more else where. My place is a stepping stone to the sky for lots of these ladies and with the prices the other houses charge ,I guess the sky is the limit.

?????

Originally posted by skagen
Julies was always a good place, pleasant and with decent service. But that $250pricing won't work, even for new customers. The average provider at Julies is over 30 yrs old. If Julie's really wants to charge those prices, they have to upgrade the quality of the girls. You can get younger, better looking girls for $220 at Amandas and $230 at the Red Room's Lex Ave location...
I would love to know your pin # with me because I do not believe you are a regular at Julie's. As of lately we have had and do have lots of lovely girls under 30. BTW young and mature girls come and go through Julies most do not stay to long because our prices do not compete and we do not allow hustling for tips. Our clients are our prority and yes we hear complaints from the girls but always say the client is right but in this case you are so wrong and really not up to date with our place. We offer the best girls and service in Ny and will continue 140 and 200 :)

Julie - thanks for responding. I specifically mentioned Chloe and Samantha because they were 2 girls I had seen at your place who fit more into the type of girl I'm attracted to. I certainly didn't mean any discredit to any of the newer crop of girls (who you're correct that I haven't seen yet because I haven't been to the City in a few months). Really it's all just a matter of personal preference. For example - Inna was probably your most highly touted girl. I had a session with her and wasn't the least bit impressed. So it's all subjective.

That being said - I only meant to express dissatisfaction with a price increase, NOT with your service. I have always been treated extremely well by your staff. Glad to hear the prices are staying where they're at.

Originally posted by hot4chicks
I think that Julies, as a business, should do whatever they want to with prices and service. The elasticity curve and product substitition curves which are somewhat unknown now, will become better defined. In other words, if you can make more money , do it. You can always lower rates later.

OTOH, in a slowing economy not many vendors , except in the intellectual proprerty area, seem to be able to raise prices now.

It'll be curious what happens to the Julies name-brand after raising rates.

h4c, who went to Julies once 3 years ago and never went back
some time you feel like a nut sometimes you dont

young , mature and hot

Originally posted by Judge Crater
If the women were younger and more Palace type, it would be workable. Don't see the price increase lasting for very long unless she waives it for members and gives them a discount based on number of visits.
don't judge Julies to fast Judge, we have more young girls than mature but they are all great and the price is still the same 140 and 200 plus Sat. specials. I love you guys and quality and good price is a must at Julies. Now what is the verdict Judge ? Can I get a pardon or what?

Julie, I'm am a longtime regular, but the chances of me posting my PIN here are about the same as the chances of you posting your address, apartment number and the code on the intercom at your new place.

Suffice it to say I've been a customer long enough to remember when the newly invented Julies Palace on the east side of Ninth Ave was welcomed by all customers. Long enough to remember Christina (from Costa Rica?) and her "mistake" with a customer (not sure if it was your customer).

In fact the concept of the "Julies Palace" summarizes exactly what I'm saying. Few people will ever complain if the price goes up but quality goes up as well eg Inna, Talia, Choe, Julianna etc. Until your expanation it seemed as though you had increased to "Julies Palace" prices, but without changing the quality of staff. As you've explained, that's not the case, which is great.

As for the age issue, I think you didn't notice the word "average" in my post, although you quoted me. I do think that that my estimate is about right. Of the regular girls, only Lola and Gabrielle and maybe Cheyanne are plausibly in the early 20's. Many of the others are in their late 30's. I was just making the point that it would be hard to justify the alleged new pricing (given that I don't partake of DATY or BBBJ), when one can go over the Red Room for instance and see a lineup that includes 3-4 girls who are clearly between the ages of 18-23 or so.

As I said before, not knocking your establishment, I like it and I think it provides good service,customer focus and great value. This is why I've remained a customer all this time. But I was concerned that the "value" part was going away, so its good to hear that it isn't.

I will jump into the fray

I for one, am unhappy to see a rate increase, but that is simply because it means I will have to cough up a bit more regularly.

I will back up Julie's statements about her girls. I have visited a few times recently and have seen (if not had a session with) some extremely lovely, sexy girls. I'd say most are AROUND 30, but who cares? If they are fit, cute and good at what they do then they can be 45 or 50 and I will still see them.

Chantel, who i HOPE will be coming back, had one of the best bodies I have even had the pleasure of ravaging in the business. I also saw a few other Canadian girls around Julie's place who were above average in looks and had great, toned bodies.

So what's my point? I never really have one. ;)

MJC

[Edited by MJC185 on 06-26-2001 at 05:18 PM]

More Chantel...

Ditto on Chantel. More of that quality, Julie - you can't go wrong with that approach to recruiting. Montreal is where the best young ladies in the biz are (in North America at least)...

Originally posted by pswope
Julie

While I no longer go to incall places,it's my understanding that as a general rule,business is slow all over. While working girls obviously talk amongst themselves and tend to gravitate to the places,where they can make the most "bank",the other part of the equation is that a brothel can charge a higher fee or give a bigger part of the fee to the girls but if the place has no clients,it's academic.

You have a tough dilemna. Julies was built on great service from ladies ,who ranged from plain to "hot" in appearance(this of course all being subjective).
Lately,from what I read, you've not been able to replicate your previous top end girls(Chloe,Inna) and have had some uncharacteristically "poor" performers.

While raising rates might seem like the solution,you may experience no increase in business.Although you might want to try a rate increase,you may want to soften it by "encouraging" (ala Janes) greater tipping,instead of increasing the rate. Since this goes directly in the ladies bra,it might encourage them to stay,attract new higher quality ladies and greater john traffic,resulting in higher revenue for you.
Number One, I will never allow the girls to hustle for tips, I find it to be very insulting to a nice guy who thinks he is getting full service and gets hit with extras for this and that (like the one you mentioned and many others.

As for my quality of girls, I guess you have not been around for some time at Julies, we have new and pretty girls coming all the time, some stay awhile and some go fast, Cheyenne is one who left for JBs only to return with exactly what you were refering to in your post (the price is more but the clients are far and few. Victoria left for Jbs from the Palace only to return with the same story. Do not get me wrong I respect the other houses and would never tell anyone how to run their brothel but as for myself, I want to offer the best of both worlds and I do but it does have its draw backs when it comes to ladies that are very pretty and want 400 for the hour. As for Chloe ,she came from Canada and was not greeted with much enthusiasm from the clients ,her teeth were not perfect ,she had a lhigh forhead but when she was trained in the art of GFE she was a killer and guys went crazy for her. She was by far not the prettiest girl in our place but she was sweet and adorable and guys loved her. Pretty is as pretty does and I inted to offer the best quality and price, I would never pump up the price because everyone else does.

[Edited by slinkybender on 06-26-2001 at 11:34 PM]