Its 2010 and time to revisit Roosevelt Ave in Queens

So after I got done watching 2 1/2 Men I decided to take a ride to Roosevelt Avenue and check out a stripclub called Romanticos, that I had passed a few times.

So I park the car and get out and this old Asian guy asks if I want a massage so I follow him up some stairs to 77-02 Roosevelt Avenue, took a look and there was only one older lady so I left. He said there is more so I followed him across the street and as we are crossing a cop stares me down and stops a little bit ahead of me. I see a Colombian Restaurant so I jump in there a minute and the cop leaves.

I come out and then check out Indigo Spa, 76-09 Roosevelt Ave. There are two ypunger ones but nothing that caught my eye so I move on to Romanticos.

I then go in and the doorman says $10, I reply in Spanish why, its Monday and it should be free. We chat a minute in Spanish and he lets me in. Well I take a look around and there are 10 chicas, no spinners, just not my type. I buy a $5 soda, listen to the music, chat with a chica and then leave.

On the way back to my car I spot a girl walking, look at her and in Spanish ask where she is going. She replies in English that she is American, so we chat. She was going to work at a strip bar on 82nd but would spend an hour with me for $150 then $100. I wanted a few hours for a $100 since she expected her club to be dead.

That was my Monday Night.

Romanticos is not a strip club but a la fincha bar/club. You pay to have the girls spend time with you. There is a whole thread about these sort of places and quite a few experts on this board. I think another place down the block called Amor might have a strip night through. Romanticos can be costly. I once convinced someone to do take out but she then tried to hustle a lot of money out of me. I bailed and haven't been back.

Don't waste your time at the spa above Romanticos. Waste of time. No extras as far as I know and a lackluster massage to boot! A lot of massage parlors have popped up around Jackson Heights lately. Not sure if the others are worth checking out. One of them advertises in the adult section on CL. It's called Holly Spa but it seems legit. If only there was a latino spa that I knew about...it's tough walking around Jackson Heights and seeing all of the beautiful latin ass.

Jimy what did the stripper look like who wanted $100 for the hour? Why didn't you take her up on the offer?

LOL I like 2 1/2 also, funny show, the kid is hillarious.

Romanticos is not a strip club but a la fincha bar/club. You pay to have the girls spend time with you. There is a whole thread about these sort of places and quite a few experts on this board. I think another place down the block called Amor might have a strip night through. Romanticos can be costly. I once convinced someone to do take out but she then tried to hustle a lot of money out of me. I bailed and haven't been back.

Thanks for the recap. I spoke to a PR and a Dominican and was actually looking for a Colombian. It was something to do.

Jimy what did the stripper look like who wanted $100 for the hour? Why didn't you take her up on the offer?

LOL I like 2 1/2 also, funny show, the kid is hillarious.

She was 5 ft 3, 125 pounds, 22 years old, light skinned WOC.

I am very picky these days and with my Medellin Colombia trip next week, I can wait.

yes when I started in '94, it was $20 for 15min which later became $25 for 15mins.. towards the end of its heyday it went (i heard) as high as $40/10 minutes (rip off). Those were the good ol days.. guess theres nothing going on there anymore eh?

Those wre the days my friends.....,

In a brief moment remembering those yester-years I wonder what would be the likely political and societal series of events that would have to occur in NYC in order toreturn to those days of plenty.

Recipe to bring back the old days..

A new drug epidemic equal to crack. I thought crystal meth would've kicked it off but it hasn't been as big in the northeast AFAIK. Falling housing prices that would cause people to light up their homes for insurance. This hasn't really effected us like the rest of the country. White flight.. yuppies and hipsters moving out of the "cool" ghettos and moving back to the burbs from whence they came. Less police presence from lack of city budget.

Basically it's all very possible but it would be a pretty shitty return to a poor quality of life. I'd rather simply reminisce and keep my neighborhoods safe. There's plenty of sex at the touch of your finger these days. I'll open up 10 browser windows of backpage ads and pretend I'm in a room full of chicas chicas ;)

BTW I heard they used to offer a small 8oz can of budweiser when you walked in (wish I was around to experience that).

Last edited by a moderator:
Latinas

yes when I started in '94, it was $20 for 15min which later became $25 for 15mins.. towards the end of its heyday it went (i heard) as high as $40/10 minutes (rip off). Those were the good ol days.. guess theres nothing going on there anymore eh?
Found a place advertising in El Diario for Pretty Spanish girls. They're incall and located just north of Roosevelt Ave. on Main St. Number ends in 3119. A Spanish/English speaking guy answers and quotes 60 for 15min. Asked what the half and full hour rates were, and he says only 15min. is available;)

Might take the plunge Thurs/Fri to check it out.:)

Found a place advertising in El Diario for Pretty Spanish girls. They're incall and located just north of Roosevelt Ave. on Main St. Number ends in 3119. A Spanish/English speaking guy answers and quotes 60 for 15min. Asked what the half and full hour rates were, and he says only 15min. is available;)

Might take the plunge Thurs/Fri to check it out.:)

Its not the same. Back then the chica would tell you where should would be the next week and before you knew it, you had a list of 40 places.