ISO Golf Equipment - Advice

Re: Per your Request.

Originally posted by Jarhead
PARGOLFER:

Enclosed is the URL but the site must be down because I can't get into it. Address is as follows:

Golf Doctor
34 North Beverwyck Road
Lake Hiawatha, NJ 07034
973-263-6553

(The Golf Doctor - "Custom Clubfitting Center-Tim Mosel, Certified Class""A"" Clubmaker a full-service Pro shop located in the Greater Parsippany area of NJ"

Last edited:
Have any of you guys tried Natural Golf? I was a 20 handicap when I made the switch this year. I closed the year out at 14. The NG grip has me hitting everything straight. Lost some distance but playing from the fairway makes up for it.

I tried it because of a bad knee - I took a lesson but my body kept going back tp classic and modern swing style. It is part of a group of swing styles know as single axis(?) there was a great message board out there which I will try to dig up and post it covered all the variation of that swing style.
http://www.kuykendallgolf.com/
http://www.network54.com/Forum/72052
http://www.voy.com/2447/

Last edited:

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Originally posted by pargolfer
Have narrowed irons down to Macgregor 1025c and Mizuno Mx 20.
Mx 20's -- Sweet! I got a chance to play with a set of these Saturday and loved them. Even better than my Comp-EZ's. The ones I tried had the S300 Dynamic Gold shafts but without the Sensicore that I now use. A little less distance, but a heck of a lot more feel.

Originally posted by pjorourke

Mx 20's -- Sweet! I got a chance to play with a set of these Saturday and loved them. Even better than my Comp-EZ's. The ones I tried had the S300 Dynamic Gold shafts but without the Sensicore that I now use. A little less distance, but a heck of a lot more feel.
How forgiving did you find the long irons?
Would you recommend the sensicore?
I am leaning towards getting it this time.

pjorourke

How forgiving did you find the long irons? The first club I hit was a 4 iron. It felt great. Similar feel all up and down the set.
Would you recommend the sensicore? No. My current set has the sensicore shaft which dampens feel. I liked the feedback from the non-sensicore shaft better. I have also experienced a yardage "gap" with my current set between the 46 degree pitching wedge (135 yards) and the 51 degree F wedge (110 yards). I found that I needed to hit one more club with the non-sensicore shaft (note the Mx20's have same loft as Comp-EZ), e.g., instead of a 6, I hit a 5. This essentially gave me another club at the short end. I hit the Mx20 pitching wedge about 120-125, thus the gap was gone.

PJ,

I played a round up in Weschester County today - with my new driver. I do not know what you are currently using - but this Cleveland launcher is some stick. I cannot say enough about it. Played from the blues on a difficult course the drives were screaming down the fairway - can't wait to get new irons then maybe change my handle to scratch golfer

pjorourke

PG,

The driver I have my eye on is the new Taylor-Made 540. I tried one recently on the store's machine. Ten balls in a row, exact same flight path, straight with a slight draw & 260 on the fly. I should have bought the damn thing on the spot.

PJ

Originally posted by pjorourke
PG,

The driver I have my eye on is the new Taylor-Made 540. I tried one recently on the store's machine. Ten balls in a row, exact same flight path, straight with a slight draw & 260 on the fly. I should have bought the damn thing on the spot.

PJ
Humor me try the Launcher and let me know what you think.