I fucking hate heroin

Valiums lost there effect for me as well, but I was young and abused them

Klonipin at night works great, but what are the long term effects on the body? Memory loss, Liver function?
The liver damage people get from taking Tylenol PM or drinking cough syrups every night to sleep are worse then a pharmaceutical. It think the long term memory loss people suffer from smoking pot or drinking booze daily is far worse.

Last edited:
Withdrawals aside I think with any drug addiction, it you are going to kick it you also need to come to terms with the reason you started in the first place otherwise you will go right back. The worst side effect with drugs is that we lose our natural coping abilities so the first thing is to find a way to get that back through cognitive therapy, reasoning and self understanding.

I know this is controversial buy I don't believe in the 12 step programs, I think all it does is replace something for another but does not cure. How can you solve your underlying problems if you believe you have no control over your actions?

Don't help her. Run.

Heroin must be just the best thing ever. Everybody that i know that has done it has thrown their entire life away to continue doing it.
The Rong Time Ruv-er is right. Addicts will give drugs the same priority as food. Think how you would behave if you seriously wanted to stop eating, but of course the hunger returns. Ask yourself: given sufficient hunger, would you lie or steal for a meal? After you ate, and you were sated, would you perhaps apologize and swear up and down that it would not happen again? Some people get clean, but they are more likely dabblers who get out early.

Be honest here, is an addict less repulsive when she is young and attractive? Of course she is! Is she less dangerous? Nope, she may be doubly so.

Last edited:
Ask yourself: given sufficient hunger, would you lie or steal for a meal?
LOL. Given that I have issues in that area, probably not. I have had to be admitted to the hospital in the past for severe malnutrition (I'm 5'10" and I weighed 109, and my liver and kidneys had shut down). I do get hungry, but somehow my brain does not make the connection that it means I need to eat.

The liver damage people get from taking Tylenol PM or drinking cough syrups every night to sleep are worse then a pharmaceutical. It think the long term memory loss people suffer from smoking pot or drinking booze daily is far worse.
The idea that pot causes long term memory loss is a myth. It doesn't. Studies (i'll find them if anyone cares) bear that out. It DOES cause *short term* memory loss while one is stoned. You may not remember what happened 30 seconds ago. When the drug wears off, that goes away. Long term is not effected.

Worst effect of regular pot use is chronic bronchitis (pot smoke is harsh and irritates the lungs - much worse than tobacco - but it is not as carcinogenic as tobacco). It also tends to make one very very lazy. To the point of making some folks unemployable.

The difference is codeine gives you euphoria, Klonipin makes you sleep.

Codeine withdrawal is a sliver compared to klonipin. Most people know that codeine has with drawal, I was never told by a single doc, or person about klonipin withdrawal.

I do not know what category to put it in.
People don't die from codeine or heroin withdrawal. It sucks, but it's never fatal (unless someone has some other health issue such as a bad heart and the withdrawal puts them over the edge)

Benzodiazapine (ie: klonipin, atavan, valium, xanax) withdrawal CAN be fatal. Cardiac arrest during seizures for a person with a perfectly healthy ticker is a real possibility.

I'm no expert, but I have dealt with people who had scrips for that stuff. It is my understanding that Klonopin is quite addictive and patients develop tolerance with continued use. Seems to me this stuff should be treated the same as codeine.
In New York it pretty much is- or at least used to be when I lived in NYC - doctors prescribing it needed to use the special triplicate copy prescription pads when they prescribed it - one copy the dr. keeps, one copy gets filed with the state and one goes to the pharmacy. Same as when the prescribe any opiate.

Like how much misinformation can one cram into a single paragraph?

Firstly, there is no such thing as Metrobamate. I think you mean Meprobamate. (perhaps I am ignorant and you are speaking of some new drug used to calm metrosexuals?)

In any event, it is NOT a benzodiazapine. It *is* a tranqulizer, but not a benzo. In any case, it's rarely used nowadays.

Secondly, it's Xanax, not Xanex. And it is not considered to have any anti-psychotic properties. It *is* considered to have anti-depressant qualities. That's because of the triple ring structure it has stuck to it, similar to the molecules of the classic tricyclic anti-depressants such as Amitriptyline or Nortriptyline.

Thirdly, you compare in one sentence three drugs of three entirely different categories, implying all are anti-psychotics, of which only one was: Xanax, which is a benzo, Elavil (aka: amitripyline, its generic name), which is a tricyclic (or as some now call the heterocyclic) anti-depressant, and Thorazine, which is a classic anti-pscychotic (aka: neuroleptic)

Might as well say something like aspirin is not as strong as penicillin. You can't make such comparisons because they do entirely different things.

There is SOME validity to comparing Elavil and Xanax since Xanax has some anti-depressant effect. But still, it's main action is that of a benzdiazapine type tranquilizer.

You did at least get right what Xanax is usually prescribed for.

Withdrawals from any benzodiazepine can be very bad, this includes Valium, Klonopin, Metrobamate, Xanex and Ambien to name a few. Xanex is the only one of that drug group that gives you a feeling of euphoria so it is really more of an antipsychotic than a sleep aid but not as strong as Thorazine or Elavil. It is prescribed to people who have chronic panic attacks, anxiety and PTS rather than someone who has trouble sleeping. I see nothing wrong with taking a small dose at night for the long term at night if it improves the quality for yor life.

Well reviewed providers who have been around, and have a record of taking care of their health are a better deal than "college" girls who suddenly show up on boards posting frequently and furiously. They are most likely jonesing.
BS. At least one well reviewed advertiser and regular poster on this board I know is an active junky. Track marks (not obvious one to someone who has not known dozens of junkies), itching and scratching... (and this is/was NOT the girl I started this thread about)

And no, I won't tell who it is or give further details because I do not want retaliation.

Older providers who are junkies just know better how to keep the drama hidden from their clients. They ARE more trustworthy than young junkies - they tend to think through the consequences of their actions. When they are older, they know it is harder to get new customers and rely more on repeat business. Much less likely to steal, give you a bad attitude, etc. Even when seriously jonesing. I have had more than a few BJ in my life from obviously dopesick older providers. And in most cases they still conducted their business like pros.

Withdrawals aside I think with any drug addiction, it you are going to kick it you also need to come to terms with the reason you started in the first place otherwise you will go right back. The worst side effect with drugs is that we lose our natural coping abilities so the first thing is to find a way to get that back through cognitive therapy, reasoning and self understanding.
True for many drug abuse situations. IV heroin, however (as opposed to sniffing heroin), however, doesn't always fit the above. I have heard it described as "the best orgasm you ever had, times ten, and much longer" -- for many, feeling "normal" just holds no appeal whatsoever when they know they can feel like that whenever they want. "Normal" life seems bleak by comparison.

I know this is controversial buy I don't believe in the 12 step programs, I think all it does is replace something for another but does not cure. How can you solve your underlying problems if you believe you have no control over your actions?
I agree 100% In fact, I would describe 12 step programs as "cult like" in some ways. I have seen so many make meetings their new obsession. Everything in their life revolves around their program.

Seems to be a cure that is not much better than the disease.

From what I have seen, given the old saying "jails, institutions or death", it's sad to say that for some folks, who never become functional, death may actually be the better option than a 12 step program. As a taxpayer I'd rather pay to bury 'em in potters field than pay welfare so they can attend 3 AA or NA meetings a day rather than work. At least when they were junkies working as providers they preformed SOME sort of useful service for humanity.

OK, that's too harsh, and I don't REALLY mean that. Life is precious, and I don't wish ANYBODY dead. But still...

BS. At least one well reviewed advertiser and regular poster on this board I know is an active junky. Track marks (not obvious one to someone who has not known dozens of junkies), itching and scratching... (and this is/was NOT the girl I started this thread about)

And no, I won't tell who it is or give further details because I do not want retaliation.

Older providers who are junkies just know better how to keep the drama hidden from their clients. They ARE more trustworthy than young junkies - they tend to think through the consequences of their actions. When they are older, they know it is harder to get new customers and rely more on repeat business. Much less likely to steal, give you a bad attitude, etc. Even when seriously jonesing. I have had more than a few BJ in my life from obviously dopesick older providers. And in most cases they still conducted their business like pros.
Well you convinced me. Since that approach is BS, I'd best stick to the strung out college girls.

Well you convinced me. Since that approach is BS, I'd best stick to the strung out college girls.
It's all about cost benefit. My point was simply don't assume an older well reviewed provider is not a junky. In fact, there is a very good chance she is. I'd bet at LEAST 50/50 for the older ones. If not more. Even higher than that for non-latinas. (maybe 75%?)

If the only point to avoiding college girls is to avoid junkies, then yes, it's BS. So that may open up the filed for some. For those who having a younger better looking provider is important, this distinction may be significant.

It's all about cost benefit. My point was simply don't assume an older well reviewed provider is not a junky. In fact, there is a very good chance she is. I'd bet at LEAST 50/50 for the older ones. If not more. Even higher than that for non-latinas. (maybe 75%?)

If the only point to avoiding college girls is to avoid junkies, then yes, it's BS. So that may open up the filed for some. For those who having a younger better looking provider is important, this distinction may be significant.
[youtube]uuzNohk5cYw[/youtube]

Wow, very scarey. I wish you could out her.

So this well reviewed advertiser is participating in TWO of the three major AIDS causations. And Slinky's need for ad revenue trumps the health of us mongers?