I don't eat properly at all

I workout 3 hours a week but my late night habit of grabbing sweets gets the better of me. Any idea's on any relatively healthy substitutes that can satisfy a sweet tooth?

big blue1 said:
I workout 3 hours a week but my late night habit of grabbing sweets gets the better of me. Any idea's on any relatively healthy substitutes that can satisfy a sweet tooth?
While not eating anything in the evening is by far the best advice, the next best suggestion would to eat something light and thus low in calories such as maybe a piece of fruit.

The Apprentice

Hey, since Wendy's is now open late, why not rape their .99 menu as well?
After thoroughly gorging yourself, jam your thumb down to your tonsils and vomit all that shit right up. Now, you're good to go!

*Squeak!*

big blue1 said:
I used to have the same problem. My solution was to keep lots of diet carbonated beverages on hand. They taste sweet and the carbonation gives your stomach a "full" feeling.

Also (and very important) try and limit high glycemic foods at dinner time so you don't get a blood sugar crash later in the evening.

Finally, when you do your shopping, try and do it when you are not hungry and don't buy the sweet stuff. If it ain't within reach, you can't eat it.

Last edited:
All kidding aside, I have the same problem as you. Late night munchies that tend to cancel out any gains I've made at the gym.

Try a combination of the following:

1) Sleep earlier. I find myself having the munchies whenever I stay up late.

2) If you must snack, try a low cal/low carb food. Some have suggested jello.

3) Increase your workout (either make it 4X a week or increase your cardio).

*Squeak!*

genius said:
I used to have the same problem. My solution was to keep lots of diet carbonated beverages on hand.
Jeez, what genius told you that? The chemicals and crap they put in soda are poison, regardless of how little sugar or calories it contains.

Do you know what else will fill your stomach up? Water.

Last edited: