Heroin, drug addiction and other related topics

Unfortunately, it’s the people that love addicts that get hurt the most. Being kind is not the same as enabling though. To be supportive, take a phone call, or just listen doesn’t mean you’re enabling them…

The key is knowing the difference between enabling and helping… you’re the sober one in the situation therefor it just should be easier to decipher.

You never give an addict money. You never let their emotions toy with yours. And you never “bail them out” of ANY situation. You have to be the strong one. Like you said, they have to WANT to be clean. ADDICTS THAT WANT HELP, LACK EXCUSES!

Addicts that want to manipulate you will have a list of excuses and explanations for everything… they are going to rehab next week and need your “help” today, they need grocery money for their kids, their boyfriends always beat them up and they need money to escape, them robbing you was totally not their fault because it was beyond their control :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To all of you that prey on the “junkies” in this business… especially the guys that ensure they document their escapades and brag about how they took advantage of the girl and the situation …
Guys usually get busted or have problems for 2 MAIN reasons… they are going to “those” girls and “those” places OR they are hunting for a deal and took the TGTBT deal…You are judged by the company you keep so when the cops kick the door in, you’re cheap thrill just became a $5000 - $10000 attorney bill… or when their man emerges from the bathroom or comes in right before you’re done and robs you…
You got exactly what you paid for… and deserve!!
TY Sophia for saying exactly how I feel.

Being kind to an addict ( who is actively engaged or not) is quite different than enabling them... for those of you who may not be informed.

For those who brag and pound their chest highlighting their sessions with the addict... suggesting complete degradation... I do think you are in the same level as the scum who will rob that sweet elderly person walking down the street, seeking a breath of fresh air

billyS

Reign of Terror
Unfortunately, it’s the people that love addicts that get hurt the most. Being kind is not the same as enabling though. To be supportive, take a phone call, or just listen doesn’t mean you’re enabling them…

The key is knowing the difference between enabling and helping… you’re the sober one in the situation therefor it just should be easier to decipher.

You never give an addict money. You never let their emotions toy with yours. And you never “bail them out” of ANY situation. You have to be the strong one. Like you said, they have to WANT to be clean. ADDICTS THAT WANT HELP, LACK EXCUSES!

Addicts that want to manipulate you will have a list of excuses and explanations for everything… they are going to rehab next week and need your “help” today, they need grocery money for their kids, their boyfriends always beat them up and they need money to escape, them robbing you was totally not their fault because it was beyond their control :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To all of you that prey on the “junkies” in this business… especially the guys that ensure they document their escapades and brag about how they took advantage of the girl and the situation …
Guys usually get busted or have problems for 2 MAIN reasons… they are going to “those” girls and “those” places OR they are hunting for a deal and took the TGTBT deal…You are judged by the company you keep so when the cops kick the door in, you’re cheap thrill just became a $5000 - $10000 attorney bill… or when their man emerges from the bathroom or comes in right before you’re done and robs you…
You got exactly what you paid for… and deserve!!
GREAT FUCKING POST !

Spot on. For anyone lucky enough to have never had to deal with this scourge on a personal level Sophia's post lays it out perfectly.

During the 70's and 80's I believe that heroin had no fentanyl in it and was cut with other crap like baking soda, starch — anything that look the same as the heroin so as to extend the weight of what was sold. Along the way down from the top to the end user it would be cut multiple times by the next level distributor with what ever was available. From my knowledge of the subject, back in the 70's, many of what were classified as OD's deaths were actually reactions to the cutting agents and not the heroin itself. ...
Why aren't street drugs are cut with inert material ? Why adulterate with dangerous substances, other drugs, dangerous drugs ? Is fentanyl cheaper than baking soda or whatever filler a reputable pharmacologist would use ?

I recall the mods do not want us to link to .gov websites, so I will just mention that a DrugAbuse page on a USA gov site says 'Much of the Molly seized by the police contains additives such as cocaine,...' Do some dealers have so much coke they don't know what to do with it so they hide it in the molly/ ecsstacy as a treat ?

Why aren't street drugs are cut with inert material ? Why adulterate with dangerous substances, other drugs, dangerous drugs ? Is fentanyl cheaper than baking soda or whatever filler a reputable pharmacologist would use ?

I recall the mods do not want us to link to .gov websites, so I will just mention that a DrugAbuse page on a USA gov site says 'Much of the Molly seized by the police contains additives such as cocaine,...' Do some dealers have so much coke they don't know what to do with it so they hide it in the molly/ ecsstacy as a treat ?
The problem is the stuff can be cut multiple times on the way down to the final seller. Some on the guys at the bottom of the chain aren't all that smart and just use whatever is available.
Also, there is no set # of guys in the chain so there is no set # of cuts.
Ya know these guys didn't all go to pharmaceutical college and they don't submit their stuff/process to USP for a USP seal of approval.

80% of street marijuana has meth in it. Why? More addicting And also weights the product down. Specifically you ask about fentanyl however, yes it is cheaper than one would think so lacing it in a less addictive drug will make the user more addicted to what they think they are using. The weekend of 4/20 I know of 5 young people 21-26 who also lost their life from pills. They all thought it was something else and it was fentanyl. One of them was a working girl who danced at Oasis, 19 and I believe was only stripping a few months and on SA for a year (knew her outside this world).
In March there was a typical roadside bust in Lindenhurst involving to young males. 19 and 21 I believe. 2,000 pills of what was perceived as Xanax. When they got it back from testing all of it was cut with a rate of 75% fentanyl. It has also been cut heavy with cocaine and that’s why you may see many people you know die of it who were not heroin users.

All the more reason all this shit should be legalized and regulated. Get rid of the black markets. No one is cutting their booze with fentanyl.
There will always be a black market. Tobacco is legal and regulated, guns are legal and regulated. Black markets for both. Oxy, xanax are legal and regulated, everything has a black market.

There will always be a black market. Tobacco is legal and regulated, guns are legal and regulated. Black markets for both. Oxy, xanax are legal and regulated, everything has a black market.
I know that black markets won't completely disappear, but they will be drastically reduced, and people will have the option of buying a product that has at least met a safety standard and hasn't been cut with some awful and extra deadly crap.

The issue with legalization
And I am making a very general statement here...
Teenagers and young adults who, perhaps do not have the life experience , coping mechanisms and tools to deal with the stressors ( for example) that would cause them to imbibe—
They see marijuana, for example, legal so they partake....
While I do not have statistics, a majority of addicts who are hooked on the the potentially deadly stuff do not just gravitate to trying Oxy/Heroin— They segue from marijuana.
I believe the national push to legalize marijuana is a disaster waiting to happen..

Teenagers and young adults who, perhaps do not have the life experience , coping mechanisms and tools to deal with the stressors ( for example) that would cause them to imbibe—
While I do not have statistics, a majority of addicts who are hooked on the the potentially deadly stuff do not just gravitate to trying Oxy/Heroin— They segue from marijuana.
I believe the national push to legalize marijuana is a disaster waiting to happen..
I respectfully disagree. You are correct that young people lack life experience, etc. But I believe the whole marijuana as a gateway drug is a false premise, which has only been possibly true because of its illegality. Since marijuana was illegal, people had to enter the black market to get it, where they are then encouraged to try other things. Also, there is a market to go to schools and get kids hooked, and marijuana is a good way to get them started and into that world. Notice that you don't hear about dealers selling alcohol to kids, there's no profit in it, and doesn't lead them to other things. Not that kids don't get curious and find ways to get alcohol, but nobody is pushing it on them. When I was a kid in the 80's it was so much easier to get marijuana and other drugs than to get beer. I hope that the marijuana legalization will actually make it harder for kids to get started. Also, some of the tax money should go into drug/alcohol awareness programs to give honest and good information to kids about the dangers, and into treatment programs for those who do have a problem and want to get help.

There are all kinds of things that are legal but can lead to bad life choices.

For example can you think of any reason why autos need to be able to go faster than the highest legal speed limit? This would be a trivial software program change to incorporate in any modern vehicle.

As with alcohol and now marijuana, we rely on people to be responsible — doesn't always work out but this is a price you have to pay to live in a free society.

I used to think this as well. But it’s here and the social movement to stop locking people up and decriminalize it has arrived. It’s no worse than alcohol.

I used to think this as well. But it’s here and the social movement to stop locking people up and decriminalize it has arrived. It’s no worse than alcohol.
Yes, it is here to stay..

My comments stem from personal experience and tragedy.

There are those who are wired properly and those who are not. The healthy ones will experiment, just as they do with alcohol, mature at some point and move forward..Those who are not, experiment and sink deeper into the addiction donut hole..

The monies that governments will reap should be used to support behavioral health programs, education etc.. It is much needed.

Where do you get this outrageous information?
let’s see the DEA, LEO and my affiliation with drug dealers and street gangs. Oh, the keyword there is STREET.
You know where your ganja is coming from? Great. Is it medical? Great. You grow it yourself? Perfect.
invest in test kits yourself and start testing STREET marijuana and you’ll find it’s contaminated with all sorts of shit you don’t want in your body.

sincerely,

a toker and journalist

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
let’s see the DEA, LEO and my affiliation with drug dealers and street gangs. Oh, the keyword there is STREET.
You know where your ganja is coming from? Great. Is it medical? Great. You grow it yourself? Perfect.
invest in test kits yourself and start testing STREET marijuana and you’ll find it’s contaminated with all sorts of shit you don’t want in your body.

sincerely,

a toker and journalist
idk what kind of “streets” you’re referring to but I find this so very hard to believe. I smoke weed on the regular… and considering the fact I actually used to do Methamphetamine when I was all strung out and shit, I can promise you there’s no meth in my weed.

I almost got through the 60's and 70's without smoking weed. I was a jock, football, weight training, track, baseball. I drank a little, but that was it. Pretty much got high on pumping iron and hitting a baseball, knocking a defensive lineman off his feet, beating a back in a 40 yard dash.

But, upon graduation, my friends convinced me to take the day off and smoke weed. That was the natural stuff back then Acapulco Gold and Panama Red. You older folks remember, you had to hold your smoke until you turned blue or at least that is the way my friends did it. They used a water pipe and then we drank the smoke-filter water in the pipe. They made sure I got damned high, and I did.

It was sort of cool, an alternate reality, followed by extreme paranoia. But, the next day was shocking for me. The lethargy was immense. Instead of going to the gym, I moped around in a fog. No desire to achieve. Just a desire to lay back and take what comes, hang out, hang around.

Anyway, enrolled in a specialized school with about 50 students. Many had the habit of skipping the last class and going to the park to get high. I never went because I was paying for school out of my pocket and I couldn't play around. More than 90 percent of my class dropped out or failed.

But, out of them that smoked, there was one girl who smoked a lot and it relaxed her and she could tune in. So, it really depends on how your personality reacts with the drug.