German suggestion?

Ozzy, I can't believe that you weren't moved by my phony-baloney pastrami story!!

I knew it was a fraud cause 1) who orders pastrami on a club. and 2) you didn't mention the cutter tossing samples to your dad at the counter.... which probably would have kept him busy and cooled his heels.

You want my pastrami story... (and the Bender can attest to it being true). A few months before my dad died he requested I pick him up a Katz pastrami on rye. I happened to be in Sarges late one nite with the APM and figured if I asked the counter guy at Sarges to hand slice the pastrami just the right way I could pull a fast one. Dropped it off the next morning my dad with his bad eyes took one glance and pinched a slice and said it wasn't Katz. He he suffered thru the inferior pastrami and ate it in his eggs. A few days later I had to drive down there and fetch him a real one.

I should have known I couldn't pull one on a man who was born down the block from Katz, eating their pastrami since Prohibition and had a picture taken in Katz sitting across the table from Babe Ruth.

Last edited:
Why would the Babe slum it on the lower east side?

I eat pastrami on club when ever I can. It make for a bigger sandwich, and the sandwich doesn't fall apart like it can on Rye.

I never cared for the taste of Cel-Ray, but I thought the black cherry was great.

Because you can't get pastrami that good anywhere else.
You really think the Babe ate pastrami, or even knew any thing about pastrami or cared, having grown up in Baltimore in the St. Mary's Industrial School for Boys (not a whole lot of jews or pastrami there). By the time he moved to New York, playing for the Yankees, his tastes ran more to bright lights, Broadway, speak-easies, flappers, champagne and thick steaks. He might have made his way to the Williamsburg bridge on his way to Peter Luger's with a cutie or two, but they wouldn't have ended up at Katz's with God's chosen people.

Last edited:
With the PC and pussification of America today everyone is a racist or a bigot. It's unfortunate that perhaps the single greatest and influential TV sitcom in history would never see the light of day beyond the network censors if someone presented an All in the Family script to CBS today. I'm not PC nor racist and kraut, Jap, heb, wop etc are not the same as the term nigger. And the fact that there's no resolution or attempts to ban those words proves it. Unless whether or not a word or symbol is offensive or banned depends more on how powerful your lobby is, cause I know there's been attempts at both state and federal levels to ban the use of the N-word and the flying of the rebel flag but not the use of the word fag or the banning of the swastika. Should offense be taken when you incorrectly use the word Jews in political discussions when you should be referring to the citizens of that strip of sand as Israeli's.

Btw... if you've never been to Chalet Alpina, they have several items on their menu listed as "krauts" as a side dish instead of the typical coleslaw. Personally I recommend the spiced kraut... tastes a bit like kimchi. And did you know according to Wikipedia the word Hun is considered an offensive term. Does that mean I need to refer to Attila the Hun as Attila the H-word?
Some of my Guinea relatives find "WOP" offensive.
Dago pieces of shit wetbacks.