Fast Food Favs - past and present

The Crispy Chicken thread generated quite a bit of input, so may as well ask what’s ones favorite fast food/ takeout place?… Keeping things simple, perhaps items can be limited to $10.00 -$15.00 and under…

I like Bodega food if that counts. There’s a place on Long Island ave in Holtsville that I like. Lots of home cooked choices for under 10 bucks that I normally wouldn’t have at home.

If I am passing through the neighborhood- Tropical Jerk Chicken on Grand Ave in Baldwin—
For you jerk chicken aficionados, their jerk platter ( chicken with spicy sauce) with rice and beans will leave your mouth on fire… and eventually your ass.. burning for days…
Gotta love it

billyS

Reign of Terror
If I am passing through the neighborhood- Tropical Jerk Chicken on Grand Ave in Baldwin—
For you jerk chicken aficionados, their jerk platter ( chicken with spicy sauce) with rice and beans will leave your mouth on fire… and eventually your ass.. burning for days…
Gotta love it
Is this the place diagonally across from Popeyes?

I like Bodega food if that counts. There’s a place on Long Island ave in Holtsville that I like. Lots of home cooked choices for under 10 bucks that I normally wouldn’t have at home.
Maybe you can give out the name and location? Could become a good monger meeting place.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I’ll get back to you on that.. ( not sure)
I ask because I was in Popeye's one night a few years ago and a guy started randomly talking to me and said he was opening a place across the street and I should come try it if I liked chicken. I'm pretty sure that's the place.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Gotta love it
Speaking of Grand Ave in N. Baldwin, Popeye's and Checkers are two of my guilty pleasures fast food wise..

Defining fast food as food that you go into the place and leave with our food in a couple of minutes:

The only fast food I've had in past 10 years is sushi from Hmart. Prepared that morning in time for lunch. Alaska rolls are like $6 and a double size platter with mixed fish is under $10. you can pick up a container of seaweed for couple of bucks. For those of you who don't want it raw (that's me — but not talking about lunch) they have various stuff like shrimp, crab etc.

I've been to Panera couple of times when on a long road trip but not really fast food although under $10 for decent meal)

This is the Hicksville Hmart (easy on/off NS or 495) so can't vouch for queens hmart off NB

30 years ago White Castle, 4 pack of cheeseburgers, onion rings, top each burger with an onion ring. The warm bun, melty cheese, little ketchup, Delish! These days its inedible, not sure its even beef. Last two times I had it (5 years ago or more) I was sick for days.

If I roll dirty these days I keep it simple and nostalgic, McDonalds Double Cheeseburger with Mac Sauce, no ketchup and a 4 piece chicken nugget.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The Crispy Chicken thread generated quite a bit of input, so may as well ask what’s ones favorite fast food/ takeout place?… Keeping things simple, perhaps items can be limited to $10.00 -$15.00 and under…
Did you intend this thread to be current favorite, reminiscing about past fast food place or both?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Jack in the Box (gone in NY) A stoner favorite after spending the entire day at the beach. Those extra long greasy tacos were great (for younger people with strong digestive systems)…
Especially the way the grease from the meat would seep into the taco shell! Best fast food tacos ever.
Plus I had the stomach of a goat back then and could three or four of them any time of day.

Back in the 90’s , If you wanted to eat really good and you were on a tight budget, the Sizzler was awesome. For 10-12 bucks you could get a full steak dinner. An extra $5 got you shrimp scampi that was ok. And for an extra $3 you could invade their salad bar all night. Frozen yogurt, all toppings. Corn nuggets , chicken nuggets, chocolate pudding, Cesar Salad, mixed greens , shredded cheese , croutons, all most every salad dressing. Unlimited fountain drinks. Sesame seeds, cubed ham etc…. Used to go to the one right across from the Sunrise Mall.

It was truly amazing how they stayed in business for so long……