East Village ASSCon - why not?

What's keeping you from going to ASSCon?

• I don't go to events like this one.

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • I don't like the East Village.

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Too hard to park.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Not easily accessable enough via public transportation.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I've been to ASSCon a bunch, and I'm getting burnt out on it.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I like other promoters/events better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not enough girls.

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Don't like the demographics.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • It's the economy, stupid.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • I need more notice that it's going to happen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't find out exactly where it is at.

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been there because the place is too damn hard to get to. I'll try to overcome that obstacle this week, but it's several blocks walk from the nearest subway and that's a big minus to me.

demographics?

The whole thing creeped me out, from the obviously pimped out SW to the hustle into the VIP to the primal scene in the VIP. I'm someone who'll do almost anything once. I did. Enough.

VV

The reason ASSCon skirts that rule is that it started as an offshoot of strip-club internet culture (which for obvious reasons doesn't require the level of care or indeed paranoia that whoreboard culture does) rather than whoreboard culture. It was a very sad day for me, personally, when ASSCon appeared on the UG radar.

pswope

One out of three
JT

I agree with the comparison to the Sports Bar and that is basically

my reason for going. I never VIP and only do sympathy laps.
I've seen a few of the ladies I've met offsite
VV

While I agree with the general premise re pmb g2g's in announced venues,I feel sufficiently comfortable with the distinctions between some of the dog and prior UG g2g's and my behavior at these places to be comfortable to attend. Everyone has to make their own risk-reward calculations on this as well as any commercial sex related activities.

The place is about a 5 minute walk from the Astor Street station and there is ample parking around there as well.

Redeye
Mgt would do well to try to tone down some of the more aggressive trolling for dances and VIPs,as I think most guys do not like that.

I've gotten a little tired of ASScon because I can't really relax there- the girls are just WAY TOO aggressive for my taste. I know that the ladies are there to make money, but so many of them are so pushy, that ultimately it's a turn-off to me. I don't remember the girls in the Harmony, or even Tina's, being so aggressive and argumentative .

(And can we please ask the Black ladies to not make each turndown into a racial issue . I'm tired of hearing (or overhearing) a dancer say "I guess you don't like Black girls !" if someone declines a dance. BTW, I am 100% Jamaican, in case someone makes a racial issue out of my complaint )

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I guess I just must have a rep as enough of an asshole that they just don't bother with me anymore.

Seriously... I really have not fealt all that much pressure. Of course there are always (hey, even that's not true, it's barely even "often") some girls who will come up to you and start dancing without even asking. But not only have I found this to happen much less at ASSCon than any other "underground" event which I have ever been to (NB:"Event", so I'm ruling out Tina's, Studio5, FStop, etc.), but if I either give $1 as a "go away!", or even just say "no thanks" and give nothing, I've actually gotten much less flack than at almost any other place I've ever been at. Again, I don't know how much of this is because I'm "known", but my guess would be that if they "knew" me, they wouldn't be coming up in the first place, so.........

Re: parties with lots of men? no way

Originally posted by qbert
the simmering bisexuality in the men is so blatant ... yet it is entirely unspoken.
How Freudian of you.

BTW, he would state that a fear of expressing general sexual interest in WOMEN before your peers as a sign of latant homosexuality.

:D <--- mark of the wiseass

Originally posted by justlooking
My experience has been the same as slinkybender's, and I doubt they "know" me.
when they come up to you and ask you for a dance, you shouldn't tell them "sorry, but I'm just looking"

Sorry, qbert. I think I actually agree with you.
???

Why?

While I don't doubt that there is the possiblity, perhaps even the strong liklihood, of such a factor inherit in large groups of men gathering to partake in women within sight of each other, I also am quite sure there is an equally large number, in liklihood the majority, who have no inclinations.

Eventually we all speak only for ourselves, but what I enjoy about such events is the "sexual carnival" type atmosphere, and the energy of a sexual nature that sometimes [when the vibe is right] is available to tap into. Such things actually have a neutral gender state, I believe.

Its a "there's sex in the air here" thing.

I'd like to go just to experience it, and to see ya'll. But....it just seems like too easy pickins for LE.

I'm a bit surprised that some of the bigger incalls, like Julies, don't copy the concept if its so risk free as it appears to be.

h4c, simply confused

Originally posted by slinkybender
I guess I just must have a rep as enough of an asshole that they just don't bother with me anymore.

Seriously... I really have not fealt all that much pressure. Of course there are always (hey, even that's not true, it's barely even "often") some girls who will come up to you and start dancing without even asking. But not only have I found this to happen much less at ASSCon than any other "underground" event which I have ever been to (NB:"Event", so I'm ruling out Tina's, Studio5, FStop, etc.), but if I either give $1 as a "go away!", or even just say "no thanks" and give nothing, I've actually gotten much less flack than at almost any other place I've ever been at. Again, I don't know how much of this is because I'm "known", but my guess would be that if they "knew" me, they wouldn't be coming up in the first place, so.........
Ditto to both SB and JL's observations and experiences.

pswope

One out of three
Originally posted by slinkybender

No...it was the baseball bat in Hunt's Point post. Word spreads quickly in the'hood.

You're actually used to this aspect of underground parties and know how to deal with it. The guys who don't like it,don't have your experience or ability to deflect. I actually find it more bothersome than you& jl at least wrt the ladies,who alreadyknow that's there's no chance you're gonna lap with them. But as you point out,it's an inherent part of the scene.

Sometimes it gets a little annoying, but it really seems to me to be not as bad as at most other underground events and even at some low-rent "mainstream" clubs.

Anyway, IMO it's hard to feel like you can complain about it, since after all the women are there to make money. (There might be more effective ways for them to sell dances, but maybe some of them aren't able to do them.)

Not that anybody asked me, but can I say how lame I find the "too far from the subway" complaint? I mean, what is it: six blocks?

(And six interesting blocks filled with GREAT girlwatching, I might add.)

(In fact, my big complaint about the walk from the subway is that by the time I get to ASSCon I've gotten so turned on by most of the girls I've passed on the street that I get REAL disappointed by what's available at the party.)

Last edited:

pswope

One out of three
Not that anybody asked me, but can I say how lame I find the "too far from the subway" complaint? I mean, what is it: six blocks?

(And six interesting blocks filled with GREAT girlwatching, I might add.)

(In fact, my big complaint about the walk from the subway is that by the time I get to ASSCon I've gotten so turned on by most of the girls I've passed on the street that I get REAL disappointed by what's available at the party.)
Yeah! No excuse if you live in NYC(any borough) for not walking. It's a frikkin walking city. Drama in every hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.