East Village A**Con - How was it?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Everyone makes up the Whole

Originally posted by nuthin
But I did say that more than a few make SIGNIFICANTLY more many nights at an ASSCon than that approximately $400 you referred to for 3 turns in the truck. In some cases, it's a multiple of that figure.

What a thrilling use of mathematics. Of course, the "multiple" might be 0.5, (which would mean they made only $200), but it's still a multiple. Nuthin is proven right again. Case closed!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Everyone makes up the Whole

Originally posted by clubber
What a thrilling use of mathematics. Of course, the "multiple" might be 0.5, (which would mean they made only $200), but it's still a multiple. Nuthin is proven right again. Case closed!

What a thrilling use of reading comprehension & logic. According to this reasoning, $200 becomes "significantly more" than $400. Clubber is proven brilliant again. Mind closed!

Actually, one case where nuthin was not proven right again was the infamous "pimp percentage" question. Decided to do a little "research" at the ASSCon tonight (i.e., talk to a few girls) & my impression now is that the percentage of black "underground" girls at your typical ASSCon who have pimps is probably closer to the estimates of jl & pswope than to Thorn's or to my own assumptions (tho I hadn't estimated any specific percentage, but thought the jl/pswope estimate sounded high).

I'm not of the opinion that this has any bearing on the question of whether ASSCons can be seen as a racist enterprise, but I did wanna acknowledge that I think I was off base on the "pimp" numbers.

While sitting at the bottom of the stairs, one of the girls came down, looked around, and made some remark about "crackers". I dont know if she felt that the majority of girls getting chosen to dance was not to her liking, or if she was referring to something else that had happened upstairs.

Btw, it was my first time there and I was pleasantly surprised. However I kept looking around to see if I could somehow recognize the UG regs (as if you guys would be wearing nametags!) I noticed there were many regulars who were very familiar to many of the girls. It did provide a diversion, in terms of a guessing game (e.g.,was that you slinky???); although most of the time I did not NEED a diversion. Quite an experience. One I hope to repeat.

Originally posted by Stretch
Btw, it was my first time there and I was pleasantly surprised. However I kept looking around to see if I could somehow recognize the UG regs (as if you guys would be wearing nametags!)
You would be surprised, I do believe that at the very first or second NY AssCon ever, somebody did where a name tag.

I won't say who (nuthin) but I am pretty sure they did. :D

Keep in mind the group was very small at the time and nobody knew each other that well yet.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by his "attitude", but to say that his "writing style" is somehow detrimental to furthering the concept of racial equality strikes me as bizarre in the extreme.
I give you the example of Al Sharpton's handling of the Tawana Brawley case. I believe the way he handled it and the style and manner in which he went about it were detrimental to furthering the concept of racial equality.

I firmly believe that agitating either side with words or style (filters, everyone) can be very harmful.

I think this is an aspect of the whole issue that gets ignored. Maybe you and/or others are simply not aware of it's impact on race relations.

(For the record, I think Thorn's and your intentions are good.)

Originally posted by Gooey2k
You would be surprised, I do believe that at the very first or second NY AssCon ever, somebody did where a name tag.

I won't say who (nuthin) but I am pretty sure they did. :D

Keep in mind the group was very small at the time and nobody knew each other that well yet.

Just goes to show what you know!

Actually, Mister Smarty Tag, that was "ASSCon IV--Last Dick Standing". And that was not a name tag, it was a "ASSCon Identification Tag" to identify yours truly as one such dick.

ASSCons in those days were a completely different thing from what we call ASSCons today, but are in fact "Club ASSC-NYC" parties. In those days, a buncha us from the SC board simply met up at already existing stripclubs to meet each other & enjoy a good time together. Since we didn't know each other to begin with--& of course didn't know who newbies were at subsequent events--we used a printout from the SC board so that we'd know inside the club who were merely local club losers & who were the ASSCon losers. I hung that ID from a string I looped around my neck & wore it proudly--not cause I was a member of the board, but cause being able to tie a string & loop it around my neck was one of the few things in my life I had to be proud about.

That particular party was the first time I met you. As I recall, you didn't even need the tag to identify me & I think when I asked you how you knew who I was you replied "Cause you look like nuthin."

These days I don't bother with ASSCon tags anymore, I just use a dick tag so the girls don't get confused. Unfortunately, the last one who looked at the tag marked it down to 99 cents.

There hasn't been one of those "old fashioned" ASSCons since last summer at least. They were IMMEASURABLY smaller groups--I don't know if we hit 15 pervs at any one of them--but there were some really terrific & wild times. And tho the parties now are one helluva good time, I kinda miss the old ones.

One thing really floored me at the very first ASSCon, where nobody knew anybody, & started at Lace before moving on to considerably more interesting venues. Having "talked" to many of these people on the SC board for close to 2 years, & knowing how many of them were Harmony fanatics & used to frequent all the various incarnations of Tina's establishment, I had no doubt I'd run into MANY familiar faces.

Sitting in Lace that night with 10 or so attendees, I didn't recognize a SINGLE ONE! Nor did anybody recall ever having seen me before.

Yet, at the second club we visited--a pretty wild one--I recognized one guy I used to see ALL THE TIME at the Harmony & he was NOT one of us! Who he is I still don't have the faintest clue.

Those were some fun times back then.

Just goes to show what you know!

Actually, Mister Smarty Tag, that was "ASSCon IV--Last Dick Standing". And that was not a name tag, it was a "ASSCon Identification Tag" to identify yours truly as one such dick.
Oh, that's right. Hehe silly me. And you are right, I took one look at the perv standing in front of me and knew right away it was you. (didn't even need the tag) But at least it did give me quite a laugh.

Just imagine this folks.....a large pack of maybe 10-15 sex hungry PL's walking down the streets in search of our next venue, and "better mileage"

Damn that was pathetic....
But fun!

Actually, one case where nuthin was not proven right again was the infamous "pimp percentage" question. Decided to do a little "research" at the ASSCon tonight (i.e., talk to a few girls) & my impression now is that the percentage of black "underground" girls at your typical ASSCon who have pimps is probably closer to the estimates of jl & pswope than to Thorn's or to my own assumptions (tho I hadn't estimated any specific percentage, but thought the jl/pswope estimate sounded high).
You're basing this new judgement on the evidence obtained from "a few girls"????

Aren't YOU the one who once trounced a guy for relying on the evidence from only a "few" girls??

Originally posted by Justin Thyme
You're basing this new judgement on the evidence obtained from "a few girls"????

That's why I said it was my impression.

However...

The "few" girls told me about the "other" girls there. One in particular (a black girl I've "known" for some time now) furnished quite a bit of detail when I was talking with her very early in the evening. I wasn't really talking with her about that, but was kinda curious about something else she knew about & when the conversation turned to a girl who'd been busted & was still in jail, I asked whether the girl had anybody "taking care of her" who could help her & the girl said yeah, she had a pimp but no way was he gonna lift a fucking finger to help. I then asked her if other girls there had pimps & she told me that she didn't know anything about the white girls (of which, btw, there seemed a substantially higher than usual number), but that of the black girls there, 5 did not have pimps & all the others did. It was still pretty early in the evening & I didn't do a count, but there had to be at the very least 10 black girls there & more likely more than 15.

She also told me about her own experiences with a pimp & why she'd gotten one & some of her experiences with him. Very interesting conversation.

Late that night, another black girl was hanging out with me for quite a while & we got to talking about her kids & her day job & she told me she didn't have a pimp, tho she knew one in particular very well who was trying to get her to work for him, but she didn't want a pimp. And, she told me, mosta the other black girls there that night had pimps.

You gotta realize that, not only do these girls talk to each other in the dressing room or on the floor, but many girls actually pitch their pimps to other girls without one, telling them what a "great" deal they'll be getting if they come aboard. So many of these girls tend to find out very quickly who's pimped & who's not.

Aren't YOU the one who once trounced a guy for relying on the evidence from only a "few" girls??

I don't think so, but there are so many posts in this thread I have no way of remembering what specific trouncing I administered to what specific person. You'll have to refresh my memory by citing a specific trouncing.

Actually, one thing I did trounce jl for was his "uneducated guess" (to use his words) on what percentage of underground girls were pimped out. The way he said it led me to believe he was just assuming things. But when talking with him at the ASSCon, he mentioned that he'd talked with a number of the underground girls & all but one said they had pimps & that's what in fact led him to that conclusion.

So my impression right now is that what jl & pswope maintained does not seem unreasonable & that whether the percentage is 59% or 83% or whatever the hell it is, right now--based on the best evidence available to me--it seems to me to be a high percentage.

But if you run across a Gallup Poll on the subject, by all means let me know.