Dominican Republic

Sidekicks said:
Rat man,

Going in October..like the last week in october.. When are you going?
looking to take jetblue, if so will book by thurs for the special so don't know, was planning early or mid oct keep you posted if I'm doing late oct. 1st time?

ratman said:
looking to take jetblue, if so will book by thurs for the special so don't know, was planning early or mid oct keep you posted if I'm doing late oct. 1st time?
yup first time. got most of my info from another board. Going late oct...

OK! booked it up! I booked a trip to the DR at Blackbeards Oct 25-29. Anyone wants to come and join me , please do so and let me know. Otherwise, chica heaven!!!!!!!!

Just booked a flight to Santiago from 11/09 - 11/13 for myself and a buddy. We of course will be heading to the Puerta Plata area. Do not know where we should stay as yet, Blackbeards, Sosua, or Cabetete. I have been on JimmyD site, and another, but find too many differen reviews pro and con. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is going?? So far it looks like Blackbeards unless I hear different. Want to book the hotel b4 weeks end.

Hotel Europa it will be for the first noght. Then we decided to just wing it, as I have been told so many different places in Sosua. I am quite sure we will be staying in a differnt place each night if need be.

europa

jimbo44 said:
Hotel Europa it will be for the first noght. Then we decided to just wing it, as I have been told so many different places in Sosua. I am quite sure we will be staying in a differnt place each night if need be.
good choice, enjoy!

Ratman, so r u going in October, and if so, where did u reserve to stay? R u flying into Santiago, and if so, what plans did u make to get to Sosua. I have been quoted 70.00 US each way from a web site, but have also read on another site where you can get a bus much cheaper. I would rent a car if I knew it was a regular highway into the Puerta Plata/Sosua area.

$70 is way to much i think

jimbo44 said:
Ratman, so r u going in October, and if so, where did u reserve to stay? R u flying into Santiago, and if so, what plans did u make to get to Sosua. I have been quoted 70.00 US each way from a web site, but have also read on another site where you can get a bus much cheaper. I would rent a car if I knew it was a regular highway into the Puerta Plata/Sosua area.
i have this guys number somewhere, his name is Danillo... i will look for it it should be about half that if im not mistaken. jimmydr would be able to help you with that im sure.it might be a little more than $35 because gas has gone up but that sounds like way to much.

Guys:

The DR is pussy heaven. Blackbeard's and Sosua are both awsome places.

It is more of a crap shoot, however, to find a quality companion in Sosua. The looks and performance of the women are usually of a lower standard. A newbee can also be hustled or robbed in as much as these girls are more hardcore. I recommend Sosua only if you have a budy who knows the scene or if you have the time to develop a personal connection or a GFE with the women there.

I find that Blackbeard's Puerto Plata provide the best setting for price and quality. The environment is safe and the rates are set in stone. Blackbeard's rates are 1500 pesos - ST / 2500 pesos - LT. Club Mango in Puerto Plata is also a better mongoring ground for quality than Clasico in Sosua.

Crystals and other tourist hangouts will hit you up for a 500 pesos bar fine and the girls will ask for another 3000 pesos. These girls, however, are the blue chippers among the DR companions. They are usually worth the asking price. I went this route on one occasion and had the evening of a lifetime

jimbo44 said:

Hi Jimbo,
I went earlier this month. I flew into santiago and took a taxi to Caribe Tours (bus) for $20us. (you may haggle to $15, only 1 taxi there at the moment and I did not want to wait) Then Caribe Tours (for $3us) stops in Puerto Plata and last stop is Sosua. Total trip 1.5 hrs about.

Depending on where you decide to stay you can taxi or motoconcho (only if you have just a backpack) from your drop off point to hotel/condo. When i left Sosua I took a taxi to Santiago airport, wanted $70, haggled him to $60. Negotiate everyone, including chicas.

I went solo to Sosua and had a great time, but I like to be on the prowl. If you want a more laid back environment I've been told that's Blackbeards.

Good Luck

I decided to just go ahead with this guy named JJ who has great reviews down there for the 70 ea. way. It will actually only be 35 ea way, because I am going with a buddy and we'll split it of course. JJ has a world of info, and during the trip he will inform us of most all we need to know. It is not like I just jumped into this hobby either. Plus he picks us up right at the airport with our name on a card,, then takes us straight to Sosua. Ya know, the more I think about it, why haggle with prices, when we all know we are getting pussy there for 60% - 70% less than we do here??

Not to mention the hotel prices either. I used to go down to So Bch or Ft Lauderdale, pay 120 - 160 for a room and more for pussy if I did not scoop one for free. Hey.....11 days and a wake up... tic tic tic.