Dictionary: Code words and acronyms

What do guys like to be called?

Do 'customers' prefer to be called "customers" or something else? "clients" ? Asking because a guy told me he didn't like to be called a customer and I'm wondering what a non-offensive title would be? Thanks.

There will always be those who get offended by something: some women hate one of "provider, sex worker, hooker, prostitute". Some guys hate "trick, John, customer, sweetie, client, ATM".

You're never going to find one term which everyone likes for either side.

Asking because a guy told me he didn't like to be called a customer and I'm wondering what a non-offensive title would be? Thanks.
Ahh, word games! I like word games.

There are clues in the other personal-services occupations that cross conventional intimacy boundaries, such as hair stylists.

When speaking about a customer, a hair stylist sometimes uses "appointment" and time-of-day: "My three-o'clock is getting a divorce," "Yesterday's first appointment was going to an interview," etc.

When speaking to a customer, I've heard "person" and "guy." Usually it's a first name.

You could put a clinical twist to the lyric poetry of Paul Simon: "I do declare, there were times that I was so lonesome I took some comfort there" and call him a "comfortee."

The word "customer" is nowhere in Capote's "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Holly Golightly says "Any gent with the slightest chic will give you fifty for the girl's john."

lollll...@ u guys =)

UG...I agree, I guess you'll never please everyone. Just wondering what the most popular term might be.

I like "comfortee" lol.

I'd like to choose the 'most liked' terminology to use.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses =)

Not likely. This link indicates that whore monger showed up in a dictionary in 1811:

http://www.fromoldbooks.org/Grose-VulgarTongue/w/whore-monger.html
Interesting. I've always associated monger with dealer as in fishmonger (thus making a whoremonger a pimp). The fist time i saw monger used to describe a customer was in the sage writings of JimyDR. Little did I know that JDR was an expert in the arcane uses of language...

mon·ger (mŭng'gər, mŏng'-) Pronunciation Key
n.
A dealer in a specific commodity. Often used in combination: an ironmonger.
A person promoting something undesirable or discreditable. Often used in combination: a scandalmonger; a warmonger.

"monger." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. 29 Jan. 2007. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/monger

Last edited:
Strip Club words

Dollar Parade: The dollar collection dancers perform at the bar after being on stage.

Kleptonarcissist: Dancer accordingly vain that she compulsively steals glances of herself in any nearby reflective surface.

Narcissistically Cloaked: The ability to be essentially invisible because others visual priorities are on themselves.

Example:: I could stay in the high-end strip club without spending a lot of money because with mirrors on either side of me, I became narcissistically cloaked.

Last edited: