Dental Dilemma

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
Bad teeth are a turnoff, for sure. They don't need to look like chiclets. Even if they're a little discolored, that's ok, as long as the teeth and gums are clean and healthy.

ZOOM Update

I went to the place in my neighborhood that had the big ZOOM sign in it's window the other day.

The receptionist told me the cost is $300 until June 1st - then it returns to it's original cost of $600.

Sensing a load of BS, I left and am still searching for someplace to get this done.

jayp67

PS - love your photos Ana, your SO is a lucky guy!

Should I just say fuck the expense and go find another (more competent) dentist?
Take care of your teeth, and find a competent dentist no matter what the price is. I grinded my teeth since 16, and never wore a mouth guard. To make a long story short, I spent $25,000 on 28 caps.

My dentist is amazing, and my caps are also. I suffered with temps, and all the drilling, but it was my neglect.

My dentist is little wacky, but the bottom line are the results.

I have been using a great dentist who is holistic for years. He's in Queens and name is Dr. Ed Degel. He does cosmetic dentistry as well as basic cleanings. He graduated from NYU top of his class. Good guy and more importantly competent and fair priced.

Investing in your smile is never a waste of money. It's one of the first things people notice about you, and a straight, clean set of pearly whites always makes a good impression. I meet a lot of people with fucked up teeth who definitely have the financial resources to fix them, and I've always wondered why they don't do anything about it. It can really mess up an otherwise attractive face.
You are correct about a nice smile. Though front caps suck, I feel like I have cement in my mouth.

The dentist I used had a Dental loan program, one year interest free.

Sometimes I think it would fun to post pics on here, (if it were even permissible) but then I remind myself how against everything that would be. Ya know what I mean?

Thanks for the compliments.

If I was bisexual I'd see women but I'm not.
I'm completely respectful of that. - But - are you always sexually into the clients you see? I'm not sure I can see the difference between servicing a female when you're heterosexual and servicing some ugly fat guy who you would never ever touch if you weren't being paid for it.

I'm completely respectful of that. - But - are you always sexually into the clients you see? I'm not sure I can see the difference between servicing a female when you're heterosexual and servicing some ugly fat guy who you would never ever touch if you weren't being paid for it.
Masquerade, you made me spit out my OJ, LOL!

My non PC answer is, you're correct. Until I started in this business I'd never slept with (or seen) a fat guy naked...

So, no I'm not always sexually into clients.

I know I'm limiting myself by not seeing women/couples.

I appreciate women bodies but I can not service (sleep) with one. I'm
inherently heterosexual.

Ana

I just woke up this morning crunching on something and then spit out my $800 porcelain veneer. It was just put in 15 months ago when it was replaced after cracking. My 7 others lasted 9 years until that one particular one broke. Should the dentist charge me the same again when the life expectancy should have been longer?. I understand paying for the tooth but the labor should be less considering it might have been incompetent work on her part. Her Dad did the first set but she did the repair since he retired, I was his last patients actually. I am going now to get a impression and a temp by her brother, what a freaking pain.

Last edited:
I just woke up this morning crunching on something and then spit out my $800 porcelain veneer. It was just put in 15 months ago when it was replaced after cracking. My 7 others lasted 9 years until that one particular one broke. Should the dentist charge me the same again when the life expectancy should have been longer?. I understand paying for the tooth but the labor should be less considering it might have been incompetent work on her part. Her Dad did the first set but she did the repair since he retired, I was his last patients actually. I am going now to get a impression and a temp by her brother, what a freaking pain.
Em,

Did you ask them if they could work something out with you cause it was just installed recently? Dentists are pretty good about it. Let us know how it turns out.

Kicks