Degrees of separation...

All of the talk about screening and its potential pitfalls got me thinking about an incident that happened to me about 18 months ago.

When you use Craigslist to procure commercial sex partners, after a while you get pretty good at the "game" that comes with the process. How much do you share about yourself with your potential mate, how you disseminate that information, and over time you get to the point where you give up just enough information to make the girl on the other end comfortable.

Ultimately, you get so good at it that it becomes second nature, but every now and then you get a reality check.

I occasionally dabble in the sugardaddy sites, and one day I got a pretty interesting hit from an absolutely stunning woman on seekingarrangement.com. I responded, pretty much thinking it was one of the many spammers or scammers on the site, but to my surprise the woman was indeed real and interested periodic encounters when I travel to her town (which I frequently do for work).

After trading a few emails, we exchange phone numbers and she gives up her real name without me even asking. Turns out she is a legit model, actress, website, credits on IMDB, a bunch of stuff on the web about her, news, etc...basically, she is a real person. And stunning. I feel like it is too good to be true, but we agree to meet up on a Friday night for dinner and to feel each other out.

The night before, I meet up with another girl from seekingarrangement, and after having a very uncomfortable dinner with her at the Olive Garden (her choice), I gave her $100 and sent her on her way. I didn't want to fuck and dump her because she seemed to be a nice kid, but she was just not for me. I go back to the hotel, disappointed because I was pretty horny but satisfied I made the right choice. I hit the hotel bar, have a couple of scotches, and head up to hit the hay.

The actress texts me and asks what I'm up to. Nothing, I say, and she asks if I want her to come over. I agree, figuring that the night can be salvaged afterall, and I have the cash in my pocket I was intending to give the other girl.

The first clue that this was going to end badly was that it took her nearly an hour to get to the hotel when it should have taken her 10 minutes from where she called me from and it is her city. By the time she showed up, the bar was closed, so I suggested we have a drink up in my suite. She was clearly who she said she was, but she had seen better days. At least 30 pounds heavier, and a bit of a hot mess, but still beautiful, I decided I'd see where this was going to go.

As we get out of the elevator on my floor, her phone rings and I see the caller ID. She answers and starts talking to a guy that I'm pretty sure is a senior executive in one of the other divisions in the company I work for. We know each other, but not well, and he is probably slightly more senior than I am but with no jurisdictional power over me.

We get to my room, she is still talking and asks me to make her a drink (which she clearly doesn't need). I comply, she finishes talking to the guy and then asks me what I do. I was a little more specific than I ought to have been, but I was tired, a bit drunk, and I knew the girl's real name so I didn't think much of it. Within two questions I'm boxed in and she knows where I work and starts laughing because "that's so funny--I was just on the phone with XXXX, do you know him?"

I realize at this point I've made a mistake, but figure it is minor and with the theory of "mutually assured distruction" we'd have a drink, agree that it probably isn't a good idea to go forward given that we have mutual acquaintances and that would be that...EXCEPT...

You can never account for someone being crazy. She starts talking about what she wants, what she needs in terms of money for the weekend, rambling on, getting drunker by the minute and making no sense at all. I realize at this point that I need to get out of the situation and I tell her that it probably isn't a good idea to pursue this given the situation.

She looks me in the eyes for a few seconds, and then says simply "That's fine. Just give me $1500 and I'll go away". I look at her, I laugh, and then I realize that she's serious. As politely as I possibly could, I try to explain why that isn't appropriate, and she goes absolutely apeshit. "Go ahead, try and fuck me over, I'll call your boss and ruin your life...my friend XXXX is your boss (which he isn't) and he will ruin you" On and on, and she's screaming, and I'm "known" in the hotel, so calling security isn't a "great" idea either.

So my cash is in the safe, and there is no way I'm giving up the money. Or at least THAT much money. I'm trying to figure my outs. After about 20 minutes of her yelling, screaming, threatening me (she only has my first name, cell number, and where I work but figure she can put it all together if she tries hard enough) I relent and tell her I'll give her some money.

NOW, she demands that I go out, get the money and come back. Took me another 20 minutes to get her to agree to drive me to an ATM and that I'd get her $800. So we get her car from the valet, she drives me to an ATM, and I get the cash. Strangely enough she INSISTS driving me back to the hotel to drop me off, then gives me a hug and tells me what a great friend I am and that she'd see me soon.

I'm fairly certain that she has no recollection of anything that transpired that evening, and I never heard from her again.

I guess you never really know who you are dealing with in this life and what they are made of and what they might be willing to do to get what they want.

Most of the women that I deal with have something to lose, so there is no incentive for either of us to cause trouble with the other. I'm really careful generally to find girls that have jobs, seem to live normal lives, the kinds of girls that would be "mortified" if anyone found out what they are up to.

Yet the one woman that I meet that is actually achieved some level of fame, presumably one that would have the most to lose, is the one that goes crazy on me. Go figure.

I know that I didn't do a great job of communicating the terror I felt, but I literally thought my life was over in that very moment. I was convinced that I was going to get fired, which would probably end my marriage when it came out why I got fired, and essentially end everything I have worked so hard to build, in one fleeting moment.

I'm still not as careful as I could be with my information, but I really make sure that I understand who someone is before I let them in. I think I just hit a random spot of bad luck, but you want to make sure lightning doesn't strike twice.

TRS, it is a minefield of course.

Things would have been completely different if you had not spilled the name of the company that you worked for. Actually, by seeing that phone ID you were blessed with an important information with which to avoid precisely the kind of situation that you found yourself in.

We all make mistakes. Probably you did the right thing not to compromise your professional position. Some decide to go head on, for better or worse. I have the instinct of revenge. I would have looked for ways to make her pay for those dollars. Maybe without success, but I would have tried. What a bitch!

In the long run the $800 is meaningless, but of course there is the principle. Clearly she needed it more than I or she wouldn't have thrown the fit.

I just never thought it would be an issue as she was a "named" celebrity. Who would think she would want the kind of riches to rags story that it would have spawned.

I slipped a little because I figured that in the public eye it would have been a much bigger issue for her, but what I realized ultimately is she was on her way down and in reality it would have been a much bigger deal for me.

Moral? I guess it is don't always assume that the other person will act in a way you expect them to. Just because you THINK they have something to lose so they will behave doesn't mean that it will turn out that way.

I look at things this way.

There are people that scam and work the system to get things they don't deserve. While I think they are wrong, I know that I wouldn't want to trade places with them because I earn my keep and that matters to me, even if in theory I would do better on the dole.

In the long run the $800 is meaningless, but of course there is the principle. Clearly she needed it more than I or she wouldn't have thrown the fit.

I just never thought it would be an issue as she was a "named" celebrity. Who would think she would want the kind of riches to rags story that it would have spawned.

I slipped a little because I figured that in the public eye it would have been a much bigger issue for her, but what I realized ultimately is she was on her way down and in reality it would have been a much bigger deal for me.

Moral? I guess it is don't always assume that the other person will act in a way you expect them to. Just because you THINK they have something to lose so they will behave doesn't mean that it will turn out that way.
True. In fact, considering that she was somehow drunk or intoxicated, she could have gone further despite having something to lose. Maybe in a sober moment she would have backed down.

$800 are nothing. The feeling of being stolen or abused is what would have driven my urge for revenge. Of course, I am here talking about an imaginary situation. I could have done exactly what you did in a real situation. I just hate when someone tries to bully me.

Last edited:
Here is the real sad part... this woman is obviously on her way down... meeting strangers in hotel rooms, stinking drunk, demanding money, .. sounds like we will hear about her soon, either being abused in some horrible way, or on celebrity rehab ... I only hope she has some friends and family around so we can see her on celebrity intervention...

She has a number of problems, which I won't get into here because they would identify her, and it is very sad. As I said to a close friend of mine at the time, she'll probably be dead by 30.

She has not. Her modelling site is down. There is no news of her doing anything. She wasn't an "A" lister to begin with.

Outing her would do nothing but give the voyeurs a good chuckle.

And I don't think she is a cunt. I think she is a girl who got some notoriety she probably didn't deserve and then went into a spiral when it started to fall apart. There is a distinct difference between what someone DOES and who they ARE.

you are too nice. what she did to you is against the law.

always remember 3 basic rules:
always use a disposable cell phone
never give your real name
never tell a person where you work

Last edited:
And I don't think she is a cunt. I think she is a girl who got some notoriety she probably didn't deserve and then went into a spiral when it started to fall apart. There is a distinct difference between what someone DOES and who they ARE.
Ahem. (Fake cough. Fingers knocking on the table by the keyboard.)

Ah, forget it.

What's ironic is that NYC55's recommendation that The Real Story "out" this woman because he doesn't like the way she treated him is a better demonstration of why johns don't like to give personal information to prostitutes than anything else in this thread.

Last edited:
All of the talk about screening and its potential pitfalls got me thinking about an incident that happened to me about 18 months ago.

When you use Craigslist to procure commercial sex partners, after a while you get pretty good at the "game" that comes with the process. How much do you share about yourself with your potential mate, how you disseminate that information, and over time you get to the point where you give up just enough information to make the girl on the other end comfortable.

Ultimately, you get so good at it that it becomes second nature, but every now and then you get a reality check.

I occasionally dabble in the sugardaddy sites, and one day I got a pretty interesting hit from an absolutely stunning woman on seekingarrangement.com. I responded, pretty much thinking it was one of the many spammers or scammers on the site, but to my surprise the woman was indeed real and interested periodic encounters when I travel to her town (which I frequently do for work).

After trading a few emails, we exchange phone numbers and she gives up her real name without me even asking. Turns out she is a legit model, actress, website, credits on IMDB, a bunch of stuff on the web about her, news, etc...basically, she is a real person. And stunning. I feel like it is too good to be true, but we agree to meet up on a Friday night for dinner and to feel each other out.

The night before, I meet up with another girl from seekingarrangement, and after having a very uncomfortable dinner with her at the Olive Garden (her choice), I gave her $100 and sent her on her way. I didn't want to fuck and dump her because she seemed to be a nice kid, but she was just not for me. I go back to the hotel, disappointed because I was pretty horny but satisfied I made the right choice. I hit the hotel bar, have a couple of scotches, and head up to hit the hay.

The actress texts me and asks what I'm up to. Nothing, I say, and she asks if I want her to come over. I agree, figuring that the night can be salvaged afterall, and I have the cash in my pocket I was intending to give the other girl.

The first clue that this was going to end badly was that it took her nearly an hour to get to the hotel when it should have taken her 10 minutes from where she called me from and it is her city. By the time she showed up, the bar was closed, so I suggested we have a drink up in my suite. She was clearly who she said she was, but she had seen better days. At least 30 pounds heavier, and a bit of a hot mess, but still beautiful, I decided I'd see where this was going to go.

As we get out of the elevator on my floor, her phone rings and I see the caller ID. She answers and starts talking to a guy that I'm pretty sure is a senior executive in one of the other divisions in the company I work for. We know each other, but not well, and he is probably slightly more senior than I am but with no jurisdictional power over me.

We get to my room, she is still talking and asks me to make her a drink (which she clearly doesn't need). I comply, she finishes talking to the guy and then asks me what I do. I was a little more specific than I ought to have been, but I was tired, a bit drunk, and I knew the girl's real name so I didn't think much of it. Within two questions I'm boxed in and she knows where I work and starts laughing because "that's so funny--I was just on the phone with XXXX, do you know him?"

I realize at this point I've made a mistake, but figure it is minor and with the theory of "mutually assured distruction" we'd have a drink, agree that it probably isn't a good idea to go forward given that we have mutual acquaintances and that would be that...EXCEPT...

You can never account for someone being crazy. She starts talking about what she wants, what she needs in terms of money for the weekend, rambling on, getting drunker by the minute and making no sense at all. I realize at this point that I need to get out of the situation and I tell her that it probably isn't a good idea to pursue this given the situation.

She looks me in the eyes for a few seconds, and then says simply "That's fine. Just give me $1500 and I'll go away". I look at her, I laugh, and then I realize that she's serious. As politely as I possibly could, I try to explain why that isn't appropriate, and she goes absolutely apeshit. "Go ahead, try and fuck me over, I'll call your boss and ruin your life...my friend XXXX is your boss (which he isn't) and he will ruin you" On and on, and she's screaming, and I'm "known" in the hotel, so calling security isn't a "great" idea either.

So my cash is in the safe, and there is no way I'm giving up the money. Or at least THAT much money. I'm trying to figure my outs. After about 20 minutes of her yelling, screaming, threatening me (she only has my first name, cell number, and where I work but figure she can put it all together if she tries hard enough) I relent and tell her I'll give her some money.

NOW, she demands that I go out, get the money and come back. Took me another 20 minutes to get her to agree to drive me to an ATM and that I'd get her $800. So we get her car from the valet, she drives me to an ATM, and I get the cash. Strangely enough she INSISTS driving me back to the hotel to drop me off, then gives me a hug and tells me what a great friend I am and that she'd see me soon.

I'm fairly certain that she has no recollection of anything that transpired that evening, and I never heard from her again.
WOW !!! That is some interesting story. I recalled some years back when I met someone at a bar. Had dinner, then a club, and then enroute to her place in the taxi, says she needs $1,500 to make up some rent shortage (guess that's the magic number ??) I said no, but I'll drop her off. That was it, but she knew my real name, where I worked, tel email and could have easily found my home address. She disappeared after that with no alarms. SHIT that was close. What a mess I could have been in.

What's ironic is that NYC55's recommendation that The Real Story "out" this woman because he doesn't like the way she treated him is a better demonstration of why johns don't like to give personal information to prostitutes than anything else in this thread.
I think saying that she didn't treat him well is an understatement. she threatened to ruin his life and what she did is extortion/blackmail.

you are too nice. what she did to you is against the law.

always remember 3 basic rules:
always use a disposable cell phone
never give your real name
never tell a person where you work
So I should out her on a public board in order that YOU get some enjoyment and potentially cause myself problems. Hmmm...I think not.

As to your other points, I don't see mainstream prostitutes, and I generally don't do hit and runs either. It is nearly impossible to have ongoing encounters with someone that doesn't consider themselves a prostitute without giving up some real information about yourself.

This girl only had a first name (which is very common), a cell phone number, and the name of a company that has about 4,000 employees in it worldwide. She never knew exactly who I was, but she could have figured it out had she started poking around and asking questions. Paying her off was so that she would go away and NOT start asking questions.

Besides, she was clearly in a downward spiral, having issues with substances (alcohol at a minimum) and she was not of sound mind. I had very limited options, and only one option that was quiet. I picked that one, and in my mind I "won" even though I "lost" $800.

I know that most people aren't going to understand that because they get so caught up that $800 is a lot of money that they can't see things objectively.

I think saying that she didn't treat him well is an understatement. she threatened to ruin his life and what she did is extortion/blackmail.
Yes. She did. When she was wasted. At 2am. While clearly in some sort of funk. I've been extorted before, by someone who was sober and calculating about it. THAT was scary. This was scary in the moment, but once she left I knew I was never going to hear from her again.

This situation was sad. I feel sorry for her. I'm out $800. She has no self-respect.