Craig's List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by skagen

I'd never do the "missed connections" thing myself, but at least those are real people. To me the John pretending that his paid fuck session was a "date" and courting women on commercial sex baords is far more delusional.
I disagree. As unlikely as it is that a john will develop a non-commercial relationship with a prostitute I still think that since there are two people who continue to see and interact with each other there may be a miniscule chance that something may come of it.

When two people meet randomly and the one takes it in their head to post an obscure remembrance of that meeting in a place where it is highly unlikely that the other person will even see it, then I think the probability of a relationship developing becomes ridiculously low. Then it can be said that the idea of a relationship existing is close to a delusion on the part of the advertiser. Of course, much of this has to do with how long the person (either John or advertiser) fixates on the idea that a relationship exists.

justme

homo economicus
Any time I start feeling a little self pity for my dating life, I find it's therapeutic to check out the 'missed connections' section of the paper.

Originally posted by justlooking
I wasn't talking about any post you could find now.
There is one there now which has the "real" name of a current prostitute where a woman is searching for that person. Of course, it could be a coincidence and that the person in question just happens to have the same name.

Originally posted by elliot16

I disagree. As unlikely as it is that a john will develop a non-commercial relationship with a prostitute I still think that since there are two people who continue to see and interact with each other there may be a miniscule chance that something may come of it.
As long as you PAY the fee, sure yeah. But it ain't a "date".

Originally posted by skagen

As long as you PAY the fee, sure yeah. But it ain't a "date".
It's very rare but there are cases of Johns and prostitutes getting together for a non-commercial relationship. I would bet the frequency of that happening is higher than the frequency of missed connections working out. But as I said, both are extremely low probabilities.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Originally posted by CH34
I have a Mercedes - really I do - and *****ed the barnard student..... I will keep all informed!
Make sure to print out the Craig's list posting and keep it with you. If the cops pull you over, and she's blowing you, and you show them that posting, they'll probably let you off (and she'll get you off).

Status
Not open for further replies.