Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

I was reading that that thousands of people die from the flu and nothing is made of it on the news etc.
Yeah, except perhaps when those numbers happen in past 3 weeks they many think it may be a relevant news item.
BTW, when's the last flu season that you read that NYC has obtained 45 freezer trucks to use a temporary morgues outside the hospitals?
Perhaps if you come across such instances in your reading you can post it —I can find any.

I was reading that that thousands of people die from the flu and nothing is made of it on the news etc.
The swine flu pandemic of 2009 infected 100's of millions and killed 100's of thousands. It's true COVID-19 hasn't approached those numbers but there are a few things that put the healthcare system into a panic.
With the flu you are sick for a week. COVID-19 you could be sick for weeks
With the flu you are contagious for a couple of days. COVID-19 you are contagious for the entire time you have it
The flu has been studied for decades. COVID-19 is brand new
We have many meds for the flu. COVID-19 we have no idea what meds work and why
We know death and transmission rates with the flu. The death rate for COVID-19 is still unknown, but appears deadlier.
We still don't understand the risk factors for death with COVID-19. I know a 92 yr old man who got it and recovered without hospitalization. Yet I saw on the news a 30ish guy who needed a vent to breathe.

Our reaction has been assuming the worst case numbers. When the dust settles, it will be interesting to see what worked and what was unnecessary.

My neighbor's son died last week (age 52). He is now in a freezer. Tentative 1st available date for cremation is May 14th (assuming the crematorium equipment doesn't break down as it is being used 24/7 and wasn't designed for that type of use.) They, my neighbor, son's wife and kids, etc., will not be able to see his body, say goodbyes, etc., as body will be transported from the freezer to the crematorium.

My neighbor's son died last week (age 52). He is now in a freezer. Tentative 1st available date for cremation is May 14th (assuming the crematorium equipment doesn't break down as it is being used 24/7 and wasn't designed for that type of use.) They, my neighbor, son's wife and kids, etc., will not be able to see his body, say goodbyes, etc., as body will be transported from the freezer to the crematorium.
So terribly heartbreaking.

New York has one third of all positives and deaths WTF is that ?
Well, the geography and population of NY lends itself to an outbreak. 8 million people on an island thats 25 miles by 5 miles big means spread is easy. New York is also one of only a few states taking testing seriously. So we have more people diagnosed. It's spread to Long Island and the boroughs was inevitable given how many people commute to the city. We are a few weeks, or more, ahead of most states. And while I may not like him, Cuomo took this virus seriously. Many governors do not.

Well, the geography and population of NY lends itself to an outbreak. 8 million people on an island thats 25 miles by 5 miles big means spread is easy. New York is also one of only a few states taking testing seriously. So we have more people diagnosed. It's spread to Long Island and the boroughs was inevitable given how many people commute to the city. We are a few weeks, or more, ahead of most states. And while I may not like him, Cuomo took this virus seriously. Many governors do not.
Not only do many people commute via rail into the city from neighboring counties and even neighboring states but the city has a major intra-city rail, subway and bus systems but it also has 3 major airports feeding it two of which are international. It also has major intra-building transport (elevators). All of these systems put people from literally everywhere in close proximity, combining that with the week or so latency of symptoms and asymptomatic carriers— the severity of the viral outbreak here was a virtual certainty IMHO.

A co-workers mother passed away on 4/9. She was late 60's, had COPD, was obese, and cancer survivor. They had a parking lot funeral yesterday. Immediate family was able to go into church and see her and say their goodbyes.

High population in small area, it spread fast.
However, in Asia, very close to the epicenter, in extremely densely populated areas, (possibly more densely populated than NYC) the deaths are unbelievably, astoundingly, nonsensically low.
Sometimes there is just no rhyme or reason. Maybe it just comes down to your own epistemology.

Maybe we are all independently governed universes, while relating to each other in a common arena, still maintain our own independent government, rules and powers to survive until we allow ourselves to be convinced and swayed by mass hysteria or otherwise.

Maybe, just maybe, an individual standing alone, unwilling to be convinced of weakness and limitation, plays by his/her own rules.

As a youth in Catholic schools and as an altar boy, I remember a very powerful Biblical quote, "One with God, is a majority." Even take out the word "God" if you are an atheist. Make it: "One who believes in his/her self is a majority."

The apparent world is all too convincing. It negates any and all alternatives of individual dominance. It has always convinced us of strength in numbers and a further belief of the law of statistics. It is very easy to follow the herd, especially when the herd is convinced by someone who has earned the reputation of "expert."

Watching this virus unfold, I am witnessing hour by hour, theories, beliefs, expert opinions fall by the wayside, one after another.

I put forth that your survival, and the survival of your loved ones, lies within your own framework. That does not mean to not use whatever means are available as far as precautions and whatever substances you subscribe to or that are offered to you and that you accept. But, ultimately, you persevere by your own will.

A co-workers mother passed away on 4/9. She was late 60's, had COPD, was obese, and cancer survivor. They had a parking lot funeral yesterday. Immediate family was able to go into church and see her and say their goodbyes.
Which county? I didn't ask my neighbor where his son died but given the body is being refrigerated and long delay for cremation I suspect Queens.
I also didn't ask questions such as underlying conditions but COPD and obese ,each on their own, are major ones.

Victoria

They are in fact open despite the limited availability right now. If you are willing to take the risk to go out, I'd certainly recommend visiting here, specifically with Victoria. She appears to be of Eastern European descent, early 30s at worst. Perky, slightly petite breast, but a nice ass. Another (Asian) girl was available, though she was a bit larger / older. Pictures on the current ads are accurate. She said she's just working MWF nowadays, and is limiting too much physical contact for obvious reasons. Nonetheless, they take careful precaution prior to the massage, with both she and I sanitizing and washing beforehand. Paid 100 for a half hour including tip. Decent massage with a lot of teasing, she promoted some groping as well by grabbing my hands and placing them on her. After flipping she offered nude massage for extra 40, CBJ for 80. She typically would offer bbbj, but is taking extra precaution rn. However, she said she would offer FS next time, citing her period this time around (I wasn't inquiring, rather her promoting). Plenty of playing during HJ, as well as great eye contact and moaning. Cleanup was left to myself for the sake of limiting fluid contact, and she offered the shower in the bathroom to clean up (though I just elected to go home).

Overall, 140 for a relatively great face/body and professional treatment. Depending what you're looking for, it can be a little pricier than your typical AMP, but given limited availability amid coronavirus this place is one of the better one's available.

Face: 7.5/10
Body: 7.5/10
Service: 8
Location: 5 (Located in a large apartment building off a main road, but the room is on the first floor, parking can vary as it is side street parking)
Just out of curiosity, you mentioned hand washing and sanitizing beforehand. Did each of you wear a face mask? Were disposable paper “linens” used on the table and pillow? If not, she might as well have coughed in your face from the onset. The aerosol from breathing will transfer the virus. That’s the reason for 6 feet or more for social distancing. No kissing. No licking her boobs or snatch dined on by others before you. Hand washing and sanitizing is the least of it. FYI: Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) does not kill the coronavirus. It’s ethyl alcohol that does.

Suffolk county. I wouldn't expect you to ask underlying issues, I was just stating the info I knew surrounding her death. It seems most have known underlying issues or unknown underlying issues.

More positive test in Staten Island least dense population boro.

Nassau County
Passing of relative of someone I know-
Pick up from nursing home, took a few days- body stored until first available cremation date in mid May, at a location in PA, for transport back to NY...

It is so sad-

i will save everyone the hassle. Spread my ashes in a brothel and I’ll have eternal peace

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned hand washing and sanitizing beforehand. Did each of you wear a face mask? Were disposable paper “linens” used on the table and pillow? If not, she might as well have coughed in your face from the onset. The aerosol from breathing will transfer the virus. That’s the reason for 6 feet or more for social distancing. No kissing. No licking her boobs or snatch dined on by others before you. Hand washing and sanitizing is the least of it. FYI: Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) does not kill the coronavirus. It’s ethyl alcohol that does.
I don't know where you got your info from but Isopropyl alcohol is an effective disinfectant against many pathogens, including coronavirus as long as the concentration is > 60%.

Are you confusing that isopropyl alcohol is not effective against non=enveloped viruses (HIV poliovirus)? Corvid-19 is an enveloped virus and as with other enveloped viruses isopropyl alcohol breaks down the outer layer of the virus.

Also, CDC does say (not because it is ineffective against CORVID-19) that "Isopropyl alcohol causes significant filter degradation when used to clean masks and is not recommended for that purpose".