Coffee and coffee houses

Truck Stop Blend, Empire Coffee, 4th & Bloomfield in Hoboken.

And a real obscure one (but great) -- River Mud, Barryville General Store, Barryville, NY.

THanks guys, I just saw that Will Ferell movie KIcking and Screaming and he developed a coffee addiction and that's how I"m feeling. So far, I'm binging on Starbucks and Dean and Delucca but I want to try some UTR houses. I heard of Blue Mountain and will get a bag. I know there's a Brasil Coffee HOuse near the old 29 st amp so I will definitely hit that spot.

from imdb.com

Phil Weston: Hi, I'm Phil Weston and this is my son, Sam. I'm new to coffee...I was wondering if you could mix half of the regular version with half of the decaffinated version?

Beantown Employees: [to coworker, annoyed] Half-Caff...

Beantown Customers: Right, Half-Caff.

Phil Weston: A Half-Caff!
[to Sam]
Phil Weston: We're gonna have a Half-Caff.

Sam Weston: [to customer] We're gonna have a Half-Caff.

Beantown Customers: [annoyed] Yay.

Beantown Employees: Half-Caff.
Phil Weston: Thanks.
[takes a sip, it's way too hot and he drops the coffee]

Phil Weston: Yowww! Mother of Pearl!
Beantown Employees: [more pissed now] You shoulda waited for the jacket.
Phil Weston: Right...I just got too eager. Uh...
Beantown Employees: [to coworker] 'nother Half-Caff!!
Beantown Customers: [more pissed] Right, 'nother Half-Caff!!

Lascivious,

If you're trying to be more "sophisticated", I guess the best gourmet coffee house to bring up at a cocktail party is Porto Rico in the Village. Wonderful selection of beans from around the world and the store itself is beautiful.

Brasil Coffee House in LIC has excellent cafezinho, the Brazilian expresso. It's also a cafe with some nice eye candy.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
LOL. I was in those coffee houses for a week, and I have no recollection of ever trying the coffee.

Do they even have coffee???
They have coffee - pretty good too.

They also have teabags that are supposed to get you high. The good feeling sans the bad carcinogens. After four cups I didn't feel anything much.

Coffee in Amsterdam. Twas damn expensive but good. Also quite necessary after an evening of jeniver (sp? it's a gin) and beer. There used to be a great local coffee house -- ( Local - like walking into Dantes in Little Italy and everyone peeks at you over the Il Progresso News ) It was across from the main train station just below the church. You could sit outside and watch the people play dodge the trams.

Mr Wooly, the misses got sick of me, my six pack(unfortunately not abs) of bud, and any sports on the tube. So now, I'm a "sophisticated" gourmet coffee connoisseur, who's interested in plays and literature. Talking about a woman having a midlife crisis. Geez, thank god for amps. Though it is interesting on how many difffernt kinds of beans, blends, roasts, etc etc in coffee world. I use to know Folgers and Maxwell house in the good old days before Starbucks. And a cappucino after an Italian dinner was the reward of a lifetime.