Bi-Sexual Men

So what are you saying? And McGreevy didn't light up a joint in his tricks house without asking permission. Oops , that's another thread.So what are you saying Beeker, because elliot entertained a working woman he gave her HIV or she gave it to him? this is the Alternatesection. TRY READING THE RULES!

Last edited:
I don't believe there is such a thing as real bisexuality in a man. Some gay men can function sexually with a woman and might even enjoy it. More importantly they might feel a real emotional connection to a particular woman and even be their life partner. Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester, Montgomery Clift and Libby Holman, Johnnie Ray and Dorothy Kilgallen, Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson. But these men were/are gay in a strictly sexual sense. If you pressed them on it, they prefer men sexually. Why go through the all hassle of being gay unless that was your real preference.

Maybe its just semantics but I just don't believe there is an equal preference for both sexes. A straight man is never going to want to be with another guy. As for this fad of practicing oral sex with whoever, I would say any "straight" man who really enjoys sucking dick is probably a closeted (to himself) gay guy. "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

As for women, I think this business of natural bisexuality in women is overrated. But like Freud, I don't pretend to understand women's sexual psychology. But I suspect the rule applies. "Bisexual" women actually prefer other women but can enjoy an occasional man once in a while. If she's attractive enough, she will certainly have the opportunity to sleep with men even if its not really her thing. But straight women who really like men aren't equaly attracted to other women though they might appreciate their beauty.

I knew a provider well who said she was bisexual but I know she never felt the same attraction for men that she did for women. She would really yearn for a woman even though intellectually she got along with men, especially gay men, especially drag queens and transsexuals, who are fake women!

So bisexuality really means gay men and women who are attractive and open-minded enough to fool around with the opposite sex whenever the fancy strikes them

Great debate! views coming from heterosexuals on what bisexuals feel. Just like those who claim to be Totally Dominant or Totally submissive and insist there is no middle ground or that no ne can switch. Until one expeirnecesit, they don't have an impartial perspective. Just my .02 and where did my single tail go?

Last edited:

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
I don't believe there is such a thing as real bisexuality in a man. ...
So bisexuality really means gay men and women who are attractive and open-minded enough to fool around with the opposite sex whenever the fancy strikes them
I met a religious guy a few weeks ago who said he didn't believe there is any such thing as an atheist. In his mind, no one could deny the existence of God. He just couldn't conceive of it. He figured people who claimed atheism really did believe in god, but not religion.

Talk about close minded...

Believe it. There really is such thing as bisexuality in both men and women. Yes, most people fall on one end of the heter-homo scale or the other, but there are plenty of people who fall in love with, and lust after, both sexes equally.

my last comment. I have a business partner who is gay. hasn't been with a women in 20 years. he does find some women attractive but only chooses to be with men mostly because emotionally he prefers men.

He also has this dilusion that all men can be swayed to experiment.

justme

homo economicus
What about strait men or women who are open-minded enough to fool around with the same sex whenever the fancy strikes them? Because I've known a lot of people who have a preference for people of the opposite sex, but who will happily sleep with people of the same sex.

Sexual orientation isn't really about preference, right? I prefer thin, hot, young women, but that doesn't mean that I won't fuck a middle aged softie.

I think sexual orientation is about what is acceptable and enjoyable. Under that definition, there are plenty of bisexuals.

justme

homo economicus
So what are you saying Beeker, because elliot entertained a working woman he gave her HIV or she gave it to him? this is the Alternatesection. TRY READING THE RULES!
The issues with labels is very subtle. My mother works for a planned parenthood in an area where machismo dominates. There are many men who will absolutely refuse the label bisexual, even when they have occasional same sex intercourse. It gets to the point that they don't even consider it sex. They just don't consider it. Men who would never cheat on their wives with another women have no problem doing it with another man. In their mind it's not cheating. There's an obvious parallel to our world. Anyways, these attitudes are contributing to a lot of women who are in very low risk categories contracting diseases associated with more high risk behavior. A good deal of what her agency is doing to try and limit this is to change perceptions within the community.

That said, I completely disagree with the tone and substance of Beeker's response and shudder at the underlying attitude.

What about strait men or women who are open-minded enough to fool around with the same sex whenever the fancy strikes them? Because I've known a lot of people who have a preference for people of the opposite sex, but who will happily sleep with people of the same sex.

Sexual orientation isn't really about preference, right? I prefer thin, hot, young women, but that doesn't mean that I won't fuck a middle aged softie.

I think sexual orientation is about what is acceptable and enjoyable. Under that definition, there are plenty of bisexuals.
Well, does this not contradict the prevailing attitude towards sexual orientation being genitc. The Gay community is qucik to point out, theirs is not a life style choice but are born this way. How would that relate to bisexuality and choice?

justme

homo economicus
First, I think you're misrepresenting the stance of the gay community. Secondly, I don't see where bisexuals can not arrive at there impulses the same way that homosexuals or heterosexuals do.

First, I think you're misrepresenting the stance of the gay community. Secondly, I don't see where bisexuals can not arrive at there impulses the same way that homosexuals or heterosexuals do.
Maybe I am. Explain how I am misrepresenting their stance.

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
I'm not sure that they say that sexuality is genetic as much as they argue that sexual attraction is not a conscious decision, and is beyond a person's control.

It's an admittedly subtle distinction but is important depending on where you fall in the nature / nurture camp.

I'm not sure that they say that sexuality is genetic as much as they argue that sexual attraction is not a conscious decision, and is beyond a person's control.

It's an admittedly subtle distinction but is important depending on where you fall in the nature / nurture camp.
I understand. If we start to debate the nature/nurture thing, the debate may never end.

Well, does this not contradict the prevailing attitude towards sexual orientation being genitc. The Gay community is qucik to point out, theirs is not a life style choice but are born this way. How would that relate to bisexuality and choice?
When I mention my belief that sexual orientation is mostly biological, most gay guys agree (straight guys i'd say 50/50).

The key is biological doesn't mean genetic. Genetic implies a binary switch - either gay or straight. I recall reading there is some research pointing to the hormones the fetus is exposed to in the womb. This would lead to all degrees of preference from "he-man" straight to "I'd never touch a woman yech!" gay, depending on the exposure to the hormones.
This would explain why there are so many opinions.

Personally I find my sexual attraction is triggered by the secondary characteristics.
I'm primarily heterosexual and find the feminine body features (face, body shape, lack of hair, voice) are the attractors, not the genitalia themselves. So if I see a "chick with a dick" or an effeminate guy I can feel attracted, but then seeing the penis or other obvious male feature kicks in a "that's a man baby!" reaction. Yet I think there's a large psychological component to that reaction.
Bottom line, if girls started growing dicks, and I were with an attractive girl, yeah I'd suck her dick and I think I'd enjoy it the same as eating pussy.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about it.

I believe that a large amount of gay people, became gay because they were persuaded by another gay to engage in the act.

The first time is always the hardest.

Personally, and looking beyond my own experiences and those of people I know to the big picture of the incredible variety of things that get people off, I think human sexuality and attraction are far too complex things to be narrowed down into trite labels. Surely there are purely "heterosexual" "homosexual" and run of the mill "bisexual" people, but with the incredible variety of sexual experience-- from MILFs to waifs to BBW to twinks to bears to shemales to crossdressers (MTF and FTM) to panty boys and who knows what else and in what combinations-- really I don't see how a modern, enlightened person (at least someone enlightened enough to be on this board in the first place) could take any other attitude than to screw labels and let eveyone pursue what turns them on, within the limits of being consenting adults.