Best "Regular" Pickup Spots In NYC Metro Area

Here's a spot off the beaten trail for you.

It's a bar called Red. It's in Little Korea on either 35th or 36th between 6th and 5th. It's on the same block as the Playwrite's Cafe or something like that. It's on the second floor of the building and the sign is small so it's easy to miss.

It's a fairly upscale bar with the usual rip-off drink prices. Caters to Koreans and non-Koreans too so anyone is welcome.

Many hot Korean girls if you're into the Asian thing. I'm not really but I have many Asian friends and enjoyed myself there anyway.

Last edited:

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Mr. Wet Wooly said:
I shouldn't have used the word 'awful'. It wasn't awful because there were a lot of girls there, but the younger Queens thug-guido vibe (or whatever you call those idiots) with the baggy jeans and oversized baseball caps was definitely in effect.

Who knows, I could've gone on the wrong night when they play hip hop or, dare I say, I'm just getting older.
Yeah, I haven't been there in a while, Wet. You do raise an interesting question though: what do you call the guys we used to call "guidos". Those thuggish looking white-boys?

Gavy

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
kicksave said:
I agree.....sidetracks was always a place you could hook up pretty easy.
What,,,no one mentioned Mulchays in Wantagh....hooked up there plenty in the past...
Mulcahy's was the first place I started hanging out looking for tail. Haven't been there in at least nine years. I was sort of friendly (OK, more like "hi/bye") with Bryan McCabe before he got traded to Vancouver. Haven't been in the place since '97.

But, '94-95...I was there 3 times a week...

Gavy

Last edited:
gavycrav said:
Yeah, I haven't been there in a while, Wet. You do raise an interesting question though: what do you call the guys we used to call "guidos". Those thuggish looking white-boys?

Gavy

guidos or in chinatown......gweilos.

gavycrav said:

Gavy
I'm not sure what you call them. Some strange synthesis of the worst of guido and hip-hop culture. You can recognize this new species by their blow out haircuts greased with the shiniest of hair gels, their diamond earrings, and loose fitting athletic apparel. They are indigenous to Long Island, but they've spread out all over in the past year or two.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
I'm not sure what you call them. Some strange synthesis of the worst of guido and hip-hop culture. You can recognize this new species by their blow out haircuts greased with the shiniest of hair gels, their diamond earrings, and loose fitting athletic apparel. They are indigenous to Long Island, but they've spread out all over in the past year or two.
A prime example would be the characters from that awful GOTTI show.

Only one word to describe them....FUGAZY

More Latina Pussy !!!

Don Juan's Westbury, NY Friday and Saturday nights only.

this place is located on Old Country Road across the street from Fortunoff's / Source Mall. things usually get going after 10:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. lots of latina cutiez...mid 20's and up. nice mix of singles and other hot latin women. place is kinda compact yet intimate....small dance floor with a bar in the back. arrive early..or you will be waiting on line. dress to impress !!

Last edited:

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
seeker6591 said:
Don Juan's Westbury, NY Friday and Saturday nights only.

this place is located on Old Country Road across the street from Fortunoff's / Source Mall. things usually get going after 10:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. lots of latina cutiez...mid 20's and up. nice mix of singles and other hot latin women. place is kinda compact yet intimate....small dance floor with a bar in the back. arrive early..or you will be waiting on line. dress to impress !!
Thanks for the tip, seeker. Perhaps I'll hit this place later on this week. How are Thursday's?

Gavy

I don't know if it's a great pickup place or not, but there is a place called MERCHANTS. This place is great for you to bring a date and take the downstairs to the lounge and mingle. They have private booths where you can just chill out with the girl or a group. It's pretty romantic place to take a girl you just met. They have a bar upstairs, so if you're lucky, you might find that special girl there. They have 2 locations that I know of...One is in 60s and 1st ave and the other one is 17th street and 7th ave?

DaiDaiLun said:
I don't know if it's a great pickup place or not, but there is a place called MERCHANTS. This place is great for you to bring a date and take the downstairs to the lounge and mingle. They have private booths where you can just chill out with the girl or a group. It's pretty romantic place to take a girl you just met. They have a bar upstairs, so if you're lucky, you might find that special girl there. They have 2 locations that I know of...One is in 60s and 1st ave and the other one is 17th street and 7th ave?

its interesting you mentioned that. I have always gone into the 60th street location with a date but always noticed lots of snatch hanging out at the upstairs bar. I was wondering the same thing. will have to do some recon here.

Coming soon....a review of Winners Circle, Westbury, NY (even more latinas)

seeker6591 said:
what are the best nights to go and what kinda ladies hangout there ??

thanks in advance.
Its been a while but Friday and Saturday where hot,they would have live bands on stage...lots of college bound girls doing shots.....

Taylors' Hall on Queens Blvd.

As far as Queens joints go, I agree Sidetracks is legendary for hooking up. But also check out Taylor's Hall also on Queens Blvd. Live bands there Saturday nights, $5 cover, some couples, and some nice looking groups of girls. Mix of white, latin and asian girls. Age Range 23-35 yrs old. Music can get a bit loud if you're trying to pick up. Not as obvious as a pick up joint as Sidetracks, but worth a shot if you're in the neighborhhod.

Recent Updates

Blackstone Steak House

The Cabin

Cavo

Coogan's

Don Juan's

FOUR

Mulcahy's

Red

================

to be reviewed shortly-- MIRAGE

Sagamore Steak House