Best Pizza in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Bx, Manhattan, SI and Long Island)

What I wouldn't give for even the worst pizza on this list right now. Almost choked someone (whose probably never left the state Florida) last week when they heard me commenting to a friend about how shitty the pizza was in this place we stopped at and they told me that this particular pizza was great and that I obviously don't know my pizza.
Hey Ozzy. If you are in the Ft. Lauderdale area, Anthony's, on Federal just north of Commercial I believe. Not bad. Also, King Umberto. I think its on Commercial.

Mama Sbarro in Hauppauge on Vets Hwy, Branchinelli's in Hauppauge. Bothe EXCELLENT! There are so many shitty pizzerias it's amazing. I did not have one near my home for YEARS!!! It was getting so depressing wanting good pizza and then being surrounded by crappy pizza places.

Best Pizza

Here are some of my favorie places ( Not including a few from NYC that I havent eaten at in a while).

Difara's - Midwood BK E 15th ST & Ave J - Get a Pie the best
L&B Spumoni Gardens - BK 86th ST near 11th Ave - get a square or 3
Grimaldi's - BK under Brooklyn Bridge (since closed down) multiple locations now, they
have one in Bayside(Douglaston Shopping Center) only sell pies
Ernie's - Bronx (Not sure of address) - off I-95 Pizza and calzones were great
New Park Pizza - Howard Beach Queens Cross Bay Blvd ( 3 blocks south of Belt) Reg slice
Rosa's - Queens ( few locations) I prefer 69th ST 2 blocks north of LIE - square, eggplant
pizza, ravioli pizza, etc.
Frantoni's - 2 LI Locations East meadow (Hempstead Tpke across from Eisenhower park) &
Williston Park (Hillside Ave)
Lombardi's - Manhattan , Spring ST (The original Pizza Place in NY) only sell Pies
Genovese - Valley Stream LI Central Ave 1/2 mile south of SS parkway- Awesome Sicilian
and more
Marinara's - Hewlett LI Peninsula & Mill Rd - Great buffalo and other pizzas

Love to hear of others in the BK, QUeens LI areas.

LT

Last edited:
Anthonys Coal Fired Pizza.
Originally a Florida chain, numerous locations now on LI. Anthony Bruno is originally a LI guy. Partners with Dan Marino. Try the Caulifower Pizza.

Jerry of Totonnos, was a total whacko. The line could be down the block and he would finish using the dough he made for the day and say that's it no more. Thank goodness his relatives took over. He passed away awhile ago.

Jerry of Totonnos, was a total whacko. The line could be down the block and he would finish using the dough he made for the day and say that's it no more. Thank goodness his relatives took over. He passed away awhile ago.
Ahh the fond memories. My father told me he got into a fight with his brother and kicked everyone out in the middle of lunch hourand slammed the gate shut. he made the soup nazi look like the poster boy for the hospitality industry. I wonder if being a city worker had anything to do with his rage.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone said this yet -- but there is a blogger who went around Manhattan only and never ate at a chain like Rays and tasted a few 1000 slices -- if you google it you'll find it --

But Pizza Suprema behind Penn Stn on 8th Ave is hands down his winner -- and mine too.

And of course it's an area we all might pop up in from time to time -- if you haven't been -- just go get 1 cheese slice and tell me I'm wrong.

I go there once a week. Not because the plain pizza is so good, because I don't think it's that special, but their fresh Motz and other specialty pizza is great. For a by the slice place, it's really good though.

The best pizza is Brother's on Horace Harding a few blocks off exit 25 on the LIE going eastbound, worth vering off and picking up a pie if you travel further.

The best pizza is Brother's on Horace Harding a few blocks off exit 25 on the LIE going eastbound, worth veering off and picking up a pie if you travel further.
Glad to see you are getting out and about more Em. My personal favorite is DiFara Pizza, though it's a bit of a haul into Midwood. Totonno is on my list.

Don't know if anyone said this yet -- but there is a blogger who went around Manhattan only and never ate at a chain like Rays and tasted a few 1000 slices -- if you google it you'll find it --

But Pizza Suprema behind Penn Stn on 8th Ave is hands down his winner -- and mine too.

And of course it's an area we all might pop up in from time to time -- if you haven't been -- just go get 1 cheese slice and tell me I'm wrong.
Complete agreement. Best slice in the city (seriously).

neopolitan style

It really depends on what style of pizza you're after ('NY' being the default I guess in this case). BUT if you like that dough-y, flash baked Neopolitan style pizza with really tasty fresh ingredients, then Keste on Bleecker street is the way to go!