Anyone use hidden/covert cameras to record their sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with 808 #16. Then I got extension cables and start mounting the lens in custom devices. Now I use a Raspberry Pi Zero mounted in custom enclosures.

There are many cell phone apps that turn a cell phone into a hidden camera. Once activated a cell phone placed in a pile of clothes will appear to be turned off while it records the session........ or so I've been told:)

There are many cell phone apps that turn a cell phone into a hidden camera. Once activated a cell phone placed in a pile of clothes will appear to be turned off while it records the session........
I am uncomfortable with recording anything that could possibly come back to haunt me onto to a device e.g., a cell phone or a computer connected to the internet, that has the capability to send stuff out.
My preference, should I ever in the future decide to do such (yeah, I'm going with that) would be to use a miniature camera with its own memory device. Such can be purchased as hidden in a clock radio (some with night vision) or a smoke alarm. Do a search for hidden clock radio for some examples.
or so I've been told:)
Yeah, let's go with only that ;).

Be aware that recording sexual activity without the knowledge of the other party is a felony.
Yup, that's why if you are doing such make sure that there is no audio or visual recording of any monetary exchanges, i.e., only commit one crime at a time rule.
Ps. this is only a problem if someone other than oneself sees or knows of such recordings — think of the question: If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is Around to Hear it, does it make a sound?

AFAIK did they ever go after the 911 cronies? Plus, I always wondered about the flights that took place even though flights were grounded. Seems those two things were never properly explained. Anyway, I think this secret recording stuff would come back to bite many people.

I once set my phone to recording with the screen locked and left it inside the front pocket of my shirt. Since the amp i visited had the massage table in front of the door, i just simply hang my shirt on the door with the phone's camera facing the table.

With Apple's iCloud, it synced the video to the cloud and even though i deleted the video...several months later i was browsing the cloud and the video was infront of my face..fortunately, i was alone...but what if i wasnt!

Now, the only recording i do is mental! It stays with me until i loose my mind lol

I once set my phone to recording with the screen locked and left it inside the front pocket of my shirt. Since the amp i visited had the massage table in front of the door, i just simply hang my shirt on the door with the phone's camera facing the table.

With Apple's iCloud, it synced the video to the cloud and even though i deleted the video...several months later i was browsing the cloud and the video was infront of my face..fortunately, i was alone...but what if i wasnt!

Now, the only recording i do is mental! It stays with me until i loose my mind lol
Your only mistake was using Apple anything.

With Apple's iCloud, it synced the video to the cloud and even though i deleted the video...several months later i was browsing the cloud and the video was infront of my face.......
Hmmmm, as I posted the other day:

I am uncomfortable with recording anything that could possibly come back to haunt me onto to a device e.g., a cell phone or a computer connected to the internet, that has the capability to send stuff out.....

Be aware that recording sexual activity without the knowledge of the other party is a felony.
NYS PENAL LAW 250.45(3)
UNLAWFUL SURVEILLANCE IN THE SECOND DEGREE

Only in the following locations:
  • Adult bedroom,
  • changing room,
  • fitting room,
  • restroom,
  • toilet,
  • bathroom,
  • washroom,
  • shower
  • Any room assigned to guests or patrons in a motel, hotel or inn
without such person's knowledge or consent.

So car dates, record away...also incall in non-adult bedrooms (those that have fun in rooms other than bedrooms).

The other caveat is that ....

"For no legitimate purpose, he or she intentionally uses or installs, or permits the utilization or installation of an imaging device"...

The only defense if caught recording(it's not against the law until your caught)... is find another legimate reason (for your safety, comes to mind)

That whole thing hinges on "is produced in whole or in part with materials which have been mailed or shipped in interstate or foreign commerce, or is shipped or transported or is intended for shipment or transportation in interstate or foreign commerce; "

So while I'm not suggesting secret filming for reasons stated a few times above, and maybe a few others, this particular code doesn't seem to apply if it's kept for personal use only.

Status
Not open for further replies.