Any car guys here? Quarantine talk.

Boost it!
Most of my life I was all motor. From my big block 454 Monte SS, then later on when I went import with a stroker kit in my Honda S2000. But ever since I went turbo, I can never go back. The Honda is now an LS3 swapped twin turbo and I have a big turbo Honda Civic street car.
I say do a supercharger, or swap in a demon crate motor lol
Or get a Tesla. Nothing compares. Nothing can touch it on the streets

I was a mechanic for 20+ years and still own a 68 Camaro with a lame, by todays standards Big Block. For the past 15 years your best bet is to buy/lease/trade in the newest more powerful american car every year or two. If you can afford too.
Also if you really want to keep the current car you have and want more power.
Skip the headers and add supercharger or turbo if it did not come with one. Or if it did they make more powerful replacements for some models. Or some Nitrous.

What is the fascination, and all the hype about a Tesla? Performance that much superior?
With respect to overall efficiency, the premium paid for the car does not reflect the savings one would obtain if driving the average 10-12 k per year, IMO

What is the fascination, and all the hype about a Tesla? Performance that much superior?
With respect to overall efficiency, the premium paid for the car does not reflect the savings one would obtain if driving the average 10-12 k per year, IMO
The Model 3 Performance is blisteringly quick at all speeds due to 100% torque at zero RPM. Zero to sixty in 3 seconds. Few cars can beat it to 100 mph. Handling is excellent as is steering feel. Seats superbly comfortable. And it’s environmentally much more friendly than an internal combustion engine. 315 mile range. Cost about $58k. Can’t beat it for the buck.

Take a test drive and you shall see.

Gas is a thing of the past.

I know its to eaches own but i love the sound of a motor screaming or the sounds of popping gears up and downshifitng, i gotta have that!
I understand that, having two other performance cars with manual transmissions and spend significant time on the track. I love the shifting, sound of the engine, etc. Any Tesla is fast. They don’t build slow cars. On the Model 3 Performance, any significant press on the accelerator pushes you back in your seat. It’s a blast to drive! Electric is the future. In 10 years there will be few internal combustion engine cars, similar to the lack of cars available with manual transmissions now.

Electric has its own charm. Power delivery is seamless, instantaneous and smooth. An ICE can’t match it. No maintenance, basically. Brakes on a Tesla last well over 100k miles due to regenerative braking, cabin filter once a year, rotating tires every 10k and changing coolant in the battery every 5 years. That’s it!

I understand that, having two other performance cars with manual transmissions and spend significant time on the track. I love the shifting, sound of the engine, etc. Any Tesla is fast. They don’t build slow cars. On the Model 3 Performance, any significant press on the accelerator pushes you back in your seat. It’s a blast to drive! Electric is the future. In 10 years there will be few internal combustion engine cars, similar to the lack of cars available with manual transmissions now.

Electric has its own charm. Power delivery is seamless, instantaneous and smooth. An ICE can’t match it. No maintenance, basically. Brakes on a Tesla last well over 100k miles due to regenerative braking, cabin filter once a year, rotating tires every 10k and changing coolant in the battery every 5 years. That’s it!
Trying to cut down on maintenance in my old age.

I was a mechanic for 20+ years and still own a 68 Camaro with a lame, by todays standards Big Block. For the past 15 years your best bet is to buy/lease/trade in the newest more powerful american car every year or two. If you can afford too.
Also if you really want to keep the current car you have and want more power.
Skip the headers and add supercharger or turbo if it did not come with one. Or if it did they make more powerful replacements for some models. Or some Nitrous.
If I may what makes your big block lame? I have a 67 Camaro with a 454 pushing close 600 horse and there is nothing lame about about it. I even get these little Honda's and Suaru's turbo out who think they can beat me only to find out they can not. love my American made cars and trucks.

billyS

Reign of Terror
If I may what makes your big block lame? I have a 67 Camaro with a 454 pushing close 600 horse and there is nothing lame about about it. I even get these little Honda's and Suaru's turbo out who think they can beat me only to find out they can not. love my American made cars and trucks.
It's not only that but the big blocks have that roar to them while those Honda's sound like a lawnmower or leaf blower.
When I would turn the key of my 71 Mustang it would turn over immediately and then just start to purr.

Where do you get racegas these days?

It's not only that but the big blocks have that roar to them while those Honda's sound like a lawnmower or leaf blower.
When I would turn the key of my 71 Mustang it would turn over immediately and then just start to purr.
Yes I love the roar of a my big blocks sitting next to those lawn mower cars sitting low with big spoilers makes me laugh but hey different strokes for different folks