Any car guys here? Quarantine talk.

Any car freaks or mechanics here. Thinking about installing some long tube headers in my car but i know its going to void my warranty so i just want to make sure it's done right the first time. Ive heard American racing headers are one of the top makers and are even based here in deer park ny. Suggestions?

Not so much of a guru, but with respect to voiding warranty, call your dealer.. Most manufacturers do partner with authorized ‘after market’ parts suppliers and installing some of these respective parts ( by dealer or accredited shop) may not void a warranty..Always check and save receipts

Not so much of a guru, but with respect to voiding warranty, call your dealer.. Most manufacturers do partner with authorized ‘after market’ parts suppliers and installing some of these respective parts ( by dealer or accredited shop) may not void a warranty..Always check and save receipts
Cool yea makes sense. Im sure dealer's also sub out their own work once in a while. Ive seen chevy sub out their work for supercharger upgrades.

Any car freaks or mechanics here. Thinking about installing some long tube headers in my car but i know its going to void my warranty so i just want to make sure it's done right the first time. Ive heard American racing headers are one of the top makers and are even based here in deer park ny. Suggestions?
Aftermarket headers will only void the warranty on the engine if damage to it or malfunction was caused by the header. It will not void the entire warranty.

Rider is correct. Warranty isn't voided but any damage caused by modifications are not covered.
When choosing type of headers consider the oxygen sensors and check engine light issues for NYSI. I also suggest you do online research specifically for the type of car/powertrain you have and read reviews about header fitment and performance.

Short will work fine on the street

You play you pay. Except warranty to be voided. They will find any excuse to not cover. Also depends on relationship with your service guy. But any major damage you gonna be on your own most likely

I know when I bought my Grand National back in 87 I added the bigger exhaust system and the super chip after talking to the dealer they said the the only thing not covered would be the exhaust system and the computer but engine and drive train would still be covered. Luckily never ever went wrong with car and still runs like it is new. Not that I drive much I since moved to driving trucks and suvs

You play you pay. Except warranty to be voided. They will find any excuse to not cover. Also depends on relationship with your service guy. But any major damage you gonna be on your own most likely
All good. I will make sure i take it to a reputable tuner/mod shop. I found one in Bayshore that specializes in mopar. Guys building 9 , 10 second dodges. Mind you i don't want nothing that crazy, i just want to know i have the power under the hood.

Boost it!
Most of my life I was all motor. From my big block 454 Monte SS, then later on when I went import with a stroker kit in my Honda S2000. But ever since I went turbo, I can never go back. The Honda is now an LS3 swapped twin turbo and I have a big turbo Honda Civic street car.
I say do a supercharger, or swap in a demon crate motor lol