An Ode to hvb

Originally posted by justme
You know yourself better than me but I seem to recall that you had some health problems at about the same time. While HvB may have been the final straw, I think it's possible that you would have decreased your posting anyway. Certainly your posting habits now seem to validate that.
You may have a point. However, it comes not for the direction you might presume.

During that time I will admit that my circumstances caused me to become far less tolerant of BS. Even my own. :)

I think the post is bullshit, Thorn. Why can't you condemn an obviously condemnable act?

Moreover, you reduce the motivation for not committing an unethical act to fear from punishment. If the only reason people won't do wrong is because they fear retribution than they will feel free to do wrong if they know they can avoid retribution. Perpetuating that kind of principal has nothing to do with creating an ethical society.
I think you misread my intent, if not the post.

Why don't I condem it? I think my post makes it vary obvious that I condem it. What it says is that I won't debate it. The answer for that is two fold. The merits of the argument make themselves, thus there is no reason to debate something so obvious. The second is, in circumstances where something is so obviously wrong yet someone has reached the point where they have decided to do it anyway, nothing is going to dissuade them. Not my opinion, not yours, so why bother?

As to the fear of punishment. Again, I am just stating the obvious. I am not condoning it, nor making a threat of it myself. I am simply saying that we know for a fact that there are some fairly off center types that can be involved in 'this thing of ours', on both sides of the equation. Why risk becoming a target of a socio-pathological type by outting their info? That's all I am saying. Seems like common sense to me.

Originally posted by MetsSweepYankees
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE GHOST OF HvB?

It ain't no real ghost. Its one of them there, ah, whatcha ma call its... a... a sphincter.

Now wait, maybe that should be specter..... [scratching head].

No, I was right the first time. :)

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by Thorn
I think you misread my intent, if not the post.

Why don't I condem it? I think my post makes it vary obvious that I condem it. What it says is that I won't debate it.

Why risk becoming a target of a socio-pathological type by outting their info? That's all I am saying. Seems like common sense to me.
1. Probably.

2. OK, definitely

3. I still think arguing against bad behavior with a punishment argument isn't a good strategy in the long run.

For the record..

I didn't stop posting because of HvB...I just have other things to do.

And I am not particularly fragile.

BUT...

I think she was the most obnoxious poster I have ever come across, and I think she hurt this board more than added to it.

JB

3. I still think arguing against bad behavior with a punishment argument isn't a good strategy in the long run.
Ah, I see. That is were we parted ways. You think I am using a strategy and all I was doing is pointing out something that can be verified by watching the evening news.

That being that people can, have, and continued to do bad things for less then having their info plastered all over a public forum of this sort.

All I pointed out is, for the very minor satisfaction it might bring, why risk it.

I don't quite know how to put this. You post here with a rather obvious agenda especially in this thread. Then you gather all your mental resources limitted as they may be to gather what you think is some form of evidence against me so you can make an accusatory post and ask me a question to which I can not possibly know the answer to. When I respond with an example of how it isn't all that uncommon you yell at me for being too cryptic when spending 2 minutes would have provided any non-moron with the answer they were seeking IF they were in fact asking a real question as opposed to trying to stir up trouble and steer the conversation away from the actual facts. So who's the one with the problem? Why don't you go polish your armor... it's looking a bit tarnished today.

Originally posted by Caitlin of New York
Just to clear up any possible confusion, HvB never attacked me on this message board, or anywhere else that I know of.
HVB was the chick with the mask on that was waiting outside of your apartment. She tried to attack you. You drop kicked her ass to the curb. She ran away and you never knew it was her.

Despite all the goings-on on 6996, I'd like to definitively post that I am not JXM. Hmmmm, what I meant to say is that I'm not Greenangel. No wait I'm not Red Dragon. Sorry, it gets so hard when you have so many handles. I'm definitely not Mopar of that I am totally sure. And I also can say with complete certainty that Mary_Kay=Jessica_Ponytail=Kneeling_to_Obey=Angel = XOXO