An Ode to hvb

You know, I’d forgotten all about hvb until jras posted a reminder.

But now... Ah, distinctly I remember, it was in the bleak December...

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I web surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious PMB of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a yapping,
As of someone loudly crapping, crapping on the PMB floor
“Tis some soccer mom”, I muttered, “yapping, crapping on the floor-
Only this and nothing more.”

At once I thought to give her battle, but couldn’t understand her prattle
I thought that I could read her posts and somehow learn some more
But quickly the entire board was then polluted with her logic so convoluted
Yet her constant flaming was not the least entertaining, and therefore -
hvb – these three poor letters became a dreaded eyesore
Nameless here for evermore.

Virtual pages I was turning, all my sour within me burning
Though her posts had little meaning – little relevancy bore
It was mostly babble, for which to rouse the rabble
Ever yet she posted on, shrill and strident, like the evil harpies of yore
I’d pray she’d finished, but no, there was always more and more and more
Soon the entire board I did deplore.

Who was this fiend, so vile, so full of hate and full of bile
With constant posting her fingers must be raw and sore
She claimed to be lawyer, but what fool would dare employ her?
She was instead but some desperate, bitter wannabee whore
It really didn’t matter, I merely wanted the bless-ed board back the way it was before
Only this and nothing more

Then the overwhelming urge to do a Von Bingen purge
I thought I might leave the board and depart for some distant shore
But then I blocked her prose, ever hateful, with Ignore, for which I’m grateful
Blocked her then, and blocked her now for evermore
One command with such vast power, the single word Ignore
My sweet, sweet, sweet Ignore

Towely, my hero, get this guy a job at Hallmark!
Not to be a critic but don't you mean a soccer mom's mom?

BMM are you telling me you always understood what she was dribbling about?

Vermeer he deserves better than that....I'll thrown in $15 with your $5.

After readin the title to this thread for some reason it reminds me of Jim Morrison:

Lament to my cock

no , there was alot of shit I dont understand, and not only HVBs post, I never claimed to be the smartest guy on this board, and I want to post something, but I wont. I also miss posters such as JL, JC, Pswope, Sean, Daniel, etc....btw, if you only have one post, how come you know I didnt understand some of her posts?

Last edited:
Because she was a legend here wasn't she?
Well before jag got rid of her.
Then of course she found her way to Craigs list.

I finally found that button that translates languages and now she is gone, I'm so upset I could have zinged her back in a similar language so I can prove how worldly I am, and how much I know about mundane things. I am like you , grew up a regular run of the mill LI'er where we dont have too much pretenciousness, especially from the women. Well it's never admitted to their faces anyway! and we pronounce it Lawn Island!

Last edited:
I thought she was a highlight of the board. Along with Furniture and BMM. Though I must have missed her departure and any drama attendant to it, since I wasn't a routine visitor here.

Originally posted by Down Low
I am like you , grew up a regular run of the mill LI'er where we dont have too much pretenciousness, especially from the women. Well it's never admitted to their faces anyway! and we pronounce it Lawn Island!
It may not be a representive sample, but of the "city folk" that I know (and usually it is with the ones who moved into the city but grew up elsewhere) most tend to be very pretentious..... to the point where they sound like bougeois (sp?) snobs (i.e. unless you are overpaying for a fancy name on the label, it's not worth being seen in it).......

but on the positive side, if it wasn't for this attitude......you wouldn't have so many girls on CL selling themselves to support their lifestyle.....

BTW, isn't it pronounced Lawn Guyland?

FWIW, I never had a problem with hvb's existence on this board....sure she could be demeaning and condescending at times, and her tactical targeting of cat was over the top. But there are others here that post that at times have also gotten pretty mean, but they're still here.

Maybe someone should have taken the step to make her aware of her actions before things got so out of hand.

Originally posted by jseah
Maybe someone should have taken the step to make her aware of her actions before things got so out of hand.
I dug her BS, but she knew what she was doing most of the time. She just couldn't control her vitriol or her oversized ego.

Originally posted by jras
I dug her BS, but she knew what she was doing most of the time. She just couldn't control her vitriol or her oversized ego.
Explain to me how hvb's attacks on cat (and chasing her all over the board) is any different from vermeer's hounding of Miki......

to me hvb was a person
vermeer is just a cartoon

miki appears to be able to take care of herself
(vermeer would fuck her if she put on a hundred pounds and cut her rate in half)

Originally posted by jseah
Explain to me how hvb's attacks on cat (and chasing her all over the board) is any different from vermeer's hounding of Miki......
Unless I am mistaken, vermeer has backed off a good bit, and miki has handled the whole thing well. And as harsh as he often was/is, vermeer is obviously a satirist

hvb was relentless and often cruel. she was personal and poured it on when cat didn't take it well.

That's how