All Sports. Current Players you think are Hall Of Famers.

Is Bill Parcells a Hall of Famer? He did not get in on the first try... Supposedly the reason was that a lot of voters who are reporters did not like him as Parcells did not treat them with respect.... Well, they should be thrown off the committee...

I am a big bernie fan... He is not a hall of famer but a very very good player. But he was not better than Palmiero....
I bet if Bernie had taken steroids his career numbers would have been better than Palmiero's. Besides Bernie was at one time a premier defender in centerfield and won a batting title ... not to mention post season stud.

Last edited:
then Eddie Murray shouldn't be in Cooperstown.
Yes, we can debate this, but there was a time when Murray was the premier first baseman in the game. Hell, Murray deserves votes just for knocking in 100 runs for the '93 Mets. Through out Palmeiro's playing career he never seemed to be in the top three or maybe even the top five at his spot.

So if Palmeiro is undeserving, where do guys like Frank Thomas and Jim Thome stand? Many steroid rumors, but damn, those guys were hugh guys in general?

I bet if Bernie had taken steroids his career numbers would have been better than Palmiero's. Besides Bernie was at one time a premier defender in centerfield and won a batting title ... not to mention post season stud.
Forget the Steroids, I can't imagine how good Bernie would have been if he wasn't tormented by Mel Hall early in his career.

Is Bill Parcells a Hall of Famer? He did not get in on the first try... Supposedly the reason was that a lot of voters who are reporters did not like him as Parcells did not treat them with respect.... Well, they should be thrown off the committee...
Bill Parcells is a no-brainer pick for the Hall of Fame. He wasn’t just a great Coach, he was a franchise changing presence. His exclusion this week only shows how bad the selection process is in most sports and why threads like these can be so debatable.

Eddie Murray was considered one of the best players in the game at one point. I don't think Palmiero ever was. That's the difference. There were so many gaudy numbers being put up that you have to put the numbers from this era in perspective. In the early 70's there were years where hardly anybody hit 300 or hit 30 HR. Then in the early to mid 2000's there were 2 or 3 guys on every team that had these numbers.

Eddie Murray was considered one of the best players in the game at one point. I don't think Palmiero ever was. That's the difference. There were so many gaudy numbers being put up that you have to put the numbers from this era in perspective. In the early 70's there were years where hardly anybody hit 300 or hit 30 HR. Then in the early to mid 2000's there were 2 or 3 guys on every team that had these numbers.
Setting aside the PEDs issue, Palmeiro was a feared hitter, he averaged about 40 hr for 9 years straight. was upthere in the batting stats.

I would not argue with that point, only to say that if he did do steroids, he still would not have gotten in because of the steroids.... I loved Bernie... He will be honored at Yankee Stadium and always be tied to those great teams... It just that really really good players dont diserve to be in the Hall of Fame...

Its funny how you try to knock the Jets when it had nothing to do with what I said... I am not sitting here saying howw Lucky the Giants are. They should not have even been in the playoffs. They get lucky in San Fran... They should have lost the game if San Fran could have just handled a punt. And also, the Giants did not win the Superbowl... Pats, lost it... Pats catch one of those drops, game over..... Giants fumble the ball, Pats have 12 men on the field and the fumble does not count... I would say they got lucky.....
You're knocking the shit out of the Giants and they just won the super bowl and the Jets who were supposed to win it, can't even finish with a winning record. So you bet your ass I'll take them and their fans apart every time one of theirs wants to say something stupid about the Super Bowl Champions.

And it's not lucky when you win a couple on the road against superior teams and end up beating the Patriots in the super bowl.

Last edited:
Yeah really, basically, he's saying the Giants played better than their opponents in each post season game, and won the Superbowl because of it..... how dare they!
lol..... That was just to get Ozzy all riled up... I have to do that when he knocks the Jets fore no reason.... As I said before, I am a big Jets fan, but I have always rooted for the Giants.... Next I may have to knock Marino...lol....