A rant...or why do you guys undermine the earning potential of UG

Status
Not open for further replies.
justlooking said:
They also want to use the board as a price regulator, driving down the prices of any woman who dares to want to charge more than they like to pay. My preferences don't run to middle-aged or heavyset women either, but I think Sienna fucking Miller could put up an ad here for $300/hour and there'd be guys trying to shout her down to $200.

QUOTE]

I wouldn't pay 300 for sloppy seconds after Jude Law. I means it Jude Law. If Sienna liked Jude Law that means I have a chance with her.

MikitheMilf said:
it seems to me a double standard exists on this board.....
I actually completely agree with Miki on this.

I think the problem with the board is that it has become dominated by men who use it as a means to overcome their own insignificance by dumping on women, both by insulting them and by aggressively assigning a low value to their services.

I think the goal of this site needs to be defined. If the goal is simply to generate revenue then it would be strictly moderated and negatives posts would be deleted - the authors would be banned.

That is not what I've seen in my short time here. I don't think the goal is ad revenue. I think it just offsets the costs of running this site. Outside of people posting things that blatantly violate the rules I think pretty much anything goes.

The good part about that is message boards are supposed to be places where people can express their opinions. And you'll always have the assholes - we have at least two flaming assholes here and everyone knows who they are.

The problem with banning those assholes is sites like this morph into a place where if you don't hold the popular opinion or what you say offends some people then it becomes borning (since it's deleted.) On top of that, you really never know where the line is.

That all being said you can indeed have the best of both worlds. Do not allow negative comments in response to providers ads yet let the regular forum run as usual.

Well, one problem has always been that there are two different schools of posters wanting different things. There are the guys who want information (and conversely the women who want to promote themselves), and then there are the guys and women who want discussion.

Although I'm firmly in the discussion camp (and couldn't give a shit about the info), I've always thought that for a PMB to thrive you need both. Lately here, the balance seems to me to be tilting too much toward info, and the board is suffering for it. OTOH, a year or so ago, I think some people thought the balance had tilted too far toward discussion.

Ive seen girls on here go through a cycle. For example. Lisa put up a new ad and was welcomed to the board. After a few posts and reviews it became more clear to all of us about her services. Lisa just renewed her ad after a blasting from us. But if you look at her reviews on this board and do a little searching on a few other sites, why we blasted her could be argued as justified. But Lisa did renew her ad. Lisa may not post, but she did provide income to the board by renewing her ad and I am sure she lurks.

Now would she be off limits according to what MIki is saying? I remember when we had a lot of agency's on here and every time a girl had a bad session, the board would be all over the girl and the agency would be on here defending her. Eventually a most all of the agencies left because of this because a girl is eventually going to have a bad session, no-show. etc.
Can mongers and providers get along on one board? Can a woman and man just be friends?

slinkybender said:
But they all think "the other guy" is nuts for doing what they do.
This is the part I don't get. I work the lower end of CL (typically $500/overnight), but I enjoy reading about experiences in other segments of the market. Sadly, I think the answer is this:

justlooking said:
I think the problem with the board is that it has become dominated by men who use it as a means to overcome their own insignificance by dumping on women
And, from past experience I know this tends to be true:

johnpet said:
The problem with banning those assholes is sites like this morph into a place where if you don't hold the popular opinion or what you say offends some people then it becomes borning (since it's deleted.)
I was involved in a board in an unrelated area that suffered a mass exodus of the most prolific, opinionated, and interesting posters after management "tightened up", and the place developed a fawning, "Stepford"-type atmosphere that made it totally intolerable (at least to me). So, short of limiting access to the board, there may not be a good solution to this problem.

I don't smoke cigars, so I stay away from threads reviewing cigars. I don't jump into cigar threads and say that cigars are smelly, disgusting, cause cancer, blah, blah, blah

why should you not be able to say these things? Is it not true? These things do cause those things.

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
I always say if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

If your openly selling your ass (making your services a product) then your at the mercy of who is buying. The only thing you have control over is how you react to responses.

Pretty much every single girl or agency that is well know and posts here has had someone slam them. They also have had someone come to their defence and defend them.

I go with the notion if one person says something brush it off. If two people say something, think about it. If a shitload of guys are dumping on you, then change something.

Reguarding rates, one mans trash is another mans treasure. I do however totally agree that trashing for the sake of trashing is not right. I do also think that most of us here are intelligent enough to see when it it warrented and when it is not.

thecat

No Alternative
if you come to somebodys defense, some one calls you a shill.
iagee with you april and with you miki. just look at lisa the midget
ad and see how quickly the bees stung.

Or look at the Violet ad and see how quickly the thread got to "she's fat, charges too much, etc..." and all the name calling. 100% completely uncalled for. And that's the stuff that needs to be cleaned up.

thecat said:
just look at lisa the midget
ad and see how quickly the bees stung.
well, it has been alleged on this board in another thread that lisa is not capable of consent let alone writing her own ad. furthermore, all people did was make jokes until one of her "handlers" felt it necessary to throw out the old "well you have to pay for it to get any" canard which is , without a doubt, a pretty fucking stupid thing to post on a whore board. btw, once these allegations regarding her competence were made not one denial was issued from "little lisa."

LemonTwo said:
This is the part I don't get. I work the lower end of CL (typically $500/overnight), but I enjoy reading about experiences in other segments of the market. Sadly, I think the answer is this:

And, from past experience I know this tends to be true:

I was involved in a board in an unrelated area that suffered a mass exodus of the most prolific, opinionated, and interesting posters after management "tightened up", and the place developed a fawning, "Stepford"-type atmosphere that made it totally intolerable (at least to me). So, short of limiting access to the board, there may not be a good solution to this problem.
We must ask ourselves - what is the mission of this board or any board. Free and open expression, information sharing, profit, or control. Each has its own resulting guidelines, rules and therefore a specific type of poster remains.

A free and open board is my fantasy but it seems that the mission statement of this boiard could not possibly allow this.

Fewer Females?

There aren't as many female posters here as on other boards.

Happily, that is true. Sure, there are other boards with many more posters that are female, but so what? Let's cite a fictional example, I will call it, for lack of any great imagination, the Swollen Mutt.
Here is a board that has free range women on it, and it turns into pure shill and drivel. It has the women stating how other women are great, don't muiss, yada, yada. Every guy on the board only posts good things about the women for fear that they will be blackballed, or worse that they will be called nasty names. I once actually posted an honest, yet unfavorable commenton the board about how a particularly revered provider (always by the same posters...) was well into her 50s, and overweight and who in their right mind would pay $500 for a two hour minimum for that..., and I got phone calls in the middle of the night from strangers asking me to retract, I'm costing them business! Give me a break.

One of UG's strongest points is that we are open with what we say. If it drives away the female posters, so be it. I would rather be in a forum that is honest, and relays usable information than cowtow to pussy as though it was unique, although contrary to JimmyDR I do not believe they are a dime a dozen.

I believe this is the kind of crap Miki is talking about (posted in another thread):

"I don't mean to offend all you chubby chasers but how the hell does a moose this size demand $300? I just don't get it. Even I'm capable of going to a bar and picking up a fat chick for the night. This hobby is enough of a hassle with fanatical screening, habitual no-shows and flakes. We don't need hippos like this driving up prices. If this lump of lard demands 300, what is a fair price for a slender, pretty young gfe?"

A: This was a 100% unsolicited attack. This girls did nothing wrong and offended no one.

B: "I'm capable of going to a bar and picking up a fat girl." Wrong. Not even a fat girl would put up with your bullshit attitude.

C: The poster probably posted that comment just to appear "cool." A little hint - cool people aren't assholes.

D: If he didn't like the price then he simply doesn't have to reply to her ad. Or he could have done it in a much more tactful manner.

And I do believe this would again be a perfect example of what Miki's talking about - girls paying for ad space and having to put up with losers like this.

Troutman said:
One of UG's strongest points is that we are open with what we say. If it drives away the female posters, so be it. I would rather be in a forum that is honest, and relays usable information than cowtow to pussy as though it was unique, although contrary to JimmyDR I do not believe they are a dime a dozen.

They sure are a dime a dozen.

So the problem is the usual one of trying to find a happy medium.

I agree with Troutman that so many of us are so horrified by what goes on on the Swollen Mutt that we bristle at the idea of cutting back anything in the interest of politeness -- even if we completely agree with johnpet's last post.

When this board was new, I said that coed whoreboards can't possibly work. For a while up until about a year ago, this board sort of proved me wrong. I wonder if now it's proving me right again.

this is exactly what i'm talking about....

johnpet said:
I believe this is the kind of crap Miki is talking about (posted in another thread):

"I don't mean to offend all you chubby chasers but how the hell does a moose this size demand $300? I just don't get it. Even I'm capable of going to a bar and picking up a fat chick for the night. This hobby is enough of a hassle with fanatical screening, habitual no-shows and flakes. We don't need hippos like this driving up prices. If this lump of lard demands 300, what is a fair price for a slender, pretty young gfe?"

A: This was a 100% unsolicited attack. This girls did nothing wrong and offended no one.

B: "I'm capable of going to a bar and picking up a fat girl." Wrong. Not even a fat girl would put up with your bullshit attitude.

C: The poster probably posted that comment just to appear "cool." A little hint - cool people aren't assholes.

D: If he didn't like the price then he simply doesn't have to reply to her ad. Or he could have done it in a much more tactful manner.

And I do believe this would again be a perfect example of what Miki's talking about - girls paying for ad space and having to put up with losers like this.
I am all for free expression,opinions in context,truth in advertising and reviews,its these unwarranted,uncalled for, personal attacks that i am talking about...i abhor misogynistic spewings without context,,,what i like about this board is that unlike the other board there isnt a partyline..there are no automatons screaming "i love you ****"or **** is the best.....and god forbid someone doesn't agree or gives a bad review...I am looking for improvement but not repression, civility is not censorship

Agreed. The author of that post I cited could have easily have gotten his point across without being an incredible dildo. Everyone talks about freedom of speech but you still can't yell "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater just for laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.