A New Jersey board

Originally posted by Ozzy
i think he thought you were calling him a fag.......

NO that was not it. I've been called worse. 20 years ago I worked for several years in a county jail as a correction officer. Fag? that's nothing.

[Edited by Phantom on 06-30-2001 at 09:51 PM]

Well, we both agree that it is the posters who make the boards or not. The moderators/people who run the board are also a large factor because the boards wouldn't be here if the environment wasn't right for posters. But there are always calls for more, bigger and better. What's wrong with keeping it as it is and concentrate on generating a self-sustaining enterprise. Which no doubt they are concentrating on. I think that it will place a strain on the posters. We all have a finite time we can expend online, some have more some less. It is logical to assume that if you are also invovled in the discussions on the NY and general board, yet have the NJ board to keep alive you will have to post less somewhere. Unless you want to devote an extra XX time everyday to posting.

Build it and they will come. There are many instances where this is patently untrue.

But why are they "here" instead of "there" (jag that is)? Cost and the loss of exclusivity.

As for the future, I would be glad to pay a membership fee to this site. *GASP!* If plans for the future to make this site more viable including making it higher profile quickly to gain more ad revenues then the free-form exchange of information will naturally go down. As it is this site has enough of the wink-wink stuff going on. The site mods have warned against it, I generally know who/what people are speaking about, but that's going to be the form of exchange in the future if the board goes to a higher profile free site. The easier access and the higher profile of JAG is what prompted many members to leave (besides the fact that people have an innate desire not to pay nothing for anything online) because they felt less comfortable about the free exchange of information.

Let me venture a bold guess here on why things and ladies in NJ are low profile in NJ. Because they have to be. It is hard for NJ providers to sink into the sheer volume of other providers and agencies in NY and Philly. With such a large number of other people to bust there's comfort in knowing that you are insignificant. I'll bet you that a lot of additional attention would be detrimental to their general lives. The ladies in NJ aren't stupid they know where to go to make themselves a higher profile provider. Basically, I'm saying they like it that way. I bet you that's the same reason why there are no known indies in Staten Island. Christ, then you might have posters like tommyf117 basically demanding that someone kick off her low-profile and service him!

I am not interested much in the MP scene. Should there also be NJ spa board in addition to NJ board? If there are any chages to the board, they should:

Kill other boards except for General, I need something today, Cheap thrills and the NY board and Spa pages,
then, rename the NY boards to NY/NJ.

This would make it a stronger board by far.

Well the ultimate decision on spin-off or not belongs to the people who run the board. UG is strong (currently) but I wouldn't want to see the NJ board be the equivalent of a "Joanie loves Chaci" spinoff from Happy Days. The UG powers that be have been over these problems in the past in other places and I think they know that people always want more for less. Well we are paying nothing so...

My vote For a NJ Board

Originally posted by Phantom
You act as if a separate NJ board comes into existence the posters who post there will not post in the other sections of UG.
I agree - the important thing is how many people post; not to which board they do it. I think that probably the total number of posts will increase even if some NJ folks post only on the NJ board.

Also, IMHO, a major benefit of UG is the sense of community that it seems to be building. Community can be based on both interests and region. But, it can be hard to have regional community with folks on LI when you live near Philly; and vice-versa. Participation at a get-together is really difficult when it can take 3-4 hours just to drive there.

In the interest of supporting a better identified NJ region and community, I think a NJ board makes sense. That doesn't mean that Philly or NY folks can't be part of it. It just makes sense that NJ folks might want to have something of their own to which to belong.

I further agree with Ew and Phantom that California boards, etc don't make much sense (maybe in the future, but certainly not now). I think that by dropping these national-level boards and adding one for NJ would make UG really "lean and mean".

How about a "Lower Manhattan" Board?

South of 23rd Street. But not below Canal -- that would be the "Wall Street Board".

(Just kidding.)