255-12 Hillside Avenue, Queens • 516-408-0079

There is another SPA on the north side of Hillside Ave at the City Line (just west of Langdale). I stopped in a few weeks ago on a weekday evening about 7:30PM. Older Mamasan met me on second floor... one buzzer at top of stairs. A older Chinese women came out and took my hand. Decent body. Face OK too. I think house was $40.

Curry smell from the Indian restaurant very strong - so I left.... without massage.

If someone would be so kind as to post the NYC section where this AMP is located along with the phone number, I will be glad to update the thread title.

Thank you, Mr. Mayor.
You say Bellerose. Ad says Jamaica. Google Maps banner says Queens, but search box says Glen Oaks. WTF? And to add to the confusion, they use a 516 area code, not 718.
I'm gonna err on the safe side and just call it Queens.
If anyone needs directions, the ad link that the Mayor posted has a map link.

I lived in that area and it can be confusing. There is a QUEENS Floral Park. It has nothing to do with Floral Park village in nassau county. There is also a Bellerose village in nassau county as well as a QUEENS Bellerose. I think the city planners had their heads up their asses when naming these areas.
As for being in Glen Oaks in Google that may be right but Google also shows the zip code of Floral Park in nassau county while it IS really on queens. Confused yet?

Must be a slew of confused hobbyists driving along Hillside with hardons looking for this place. Someone should make a Spa app that has maps and reviews to all these places.

I lived in that area and it can be confusing. There is a QUEENS Floral Park. It has nothing to do with Floral Park village in nassau county. There is also a Bellerose village in nassau county as well as a QUEENS Bellerose. I think the city planners had their heads up their asses when naming these areas.
As for being in Glen Oaks in Google that may be right but Google also shows the zip code of Floral Park in nassau county while it IS really on queens. Confused yet?
On January 1, 1899, Queens (as we now know it) became part of Greater New York City. Following that, the three easternmost towns (Oyster Bay, Hempstead, and North Hempstead) seceded and formed Nassau County (by the grace of the New York State Legislature). The incorporated village of Bellerose started as a housing development in the first decade of the 20th century; I don't know whether the name was used in the now-Queens area before then, but it seems reasonable that the name once applied to a contiguous area that was subsequently separated by politicians. Similarly, Floral Park (formerly East Hinsdale) took its modern name in the late 19th century, before the division of the county in 1899; the incorporated village, in Nassau County, was formed afterward, but the Queens neighborhood adjoining it continues to use the name to this day.

Long Island in general, and Nassau County in particular, has long been fond of multiple overlapping jurisdictions. A given name may describe the political entity (an incorporated village or its bastard alternative, the unincorporated hamlet), a postal district (zip code or service area), school district, or even railroad station. Onto these, you can layer the police districts (yes, plural), the sanitation, water, wastewater-treatment, and various other districts created by craven politicians to extract taxpayer funds without actually raising taxes (new taxes are somehow more acceptable). These entities are generically known as Special Improvement Districts, as opposed to the Ordinary Improvement Districts, I suppose.

Fun fact: the Port Washington police department is the manifestation of the state's only Special Improvement District formed for the purpose of policing, which is usually handled by the county or by the incorporated villages. Further fun fact: the whole concept of incorporated village was motivated in part by the desire to legitimize the private security guards (Pinkertons, and others) employed by the robber barons to keep the riffraff away from their thousand-acre estates and unpopulated beaches; incorporated villages are empowered to raise their own police forces.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Continental Lighting is in Queens, there is a concrete buried curb on the street right behind it that de marks Queens/LI according to the proprietor of Continental.

The spa is in Floral Park Queens area code 11001

Thanks. I added the zip code to the thread title in case anyone wants to mail themselves there. If you are driving, just ask a mail carrier for directions.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
If I remember correctly, if someplace is between 2 numbered streets it is in Queens (up to 268th St) and as soon as you get to "North 1st st" you are in Nassau.

According to the map on their website, the Spa is located 2 blocks east of Little Neck Parkway. That should be enough of a landmark to get you there.

hope you find this amusing... first street in Nassau at Hillside is "Cherry Lane" ahhhhh

In any event, the place is the brick building next to (east ) of Dunkin Donunts.

In this area you'll see LE just as in any busy area. Even though the building has a sign on the second floor window, one must go up a staircase then through the AMP door. And this door is recessed back from the sidewalk.
There is another business right next to its door so it's not too obvious where you're going. The big negative is that other business has cameras and a sign saying "smile you're on camera" I'll assume they're not very happy about the AMP.

Well they never turn on their open sign anymore. Every time I passed by it is always off. They are opened though because I can walk in and get service. There used to be a number of girls here. The last two times there was only one girl in the entire place and I know because all of the doors were opened, even the one where the girls usually wait. I guess Yummi is the Mamasan for this place now. Seems like they used to turn over to new management every year. Usually fee is $60 for the hour and $100 for FS. If you see the same girl a few times they do get more relaxed and do more things. Now the girl gets naked as soon as the table shower is done and I am face down on the massage table. YMMV as always.